Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24

Author Topic: Olsha Rossalina, Minotaur Monk Gladiator - Round 3: Down but not out  (Read 26105 times)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

Olsha can actually get to -6 if you don't mind consequences. I would strongly advise not breaking the 0 limit, though. You have a chance of permanent small MP loss, flaws, etc.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-1 to MP usage.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Unstopabble rage + gore + swordtaur on the closest target. This leaves us with 3MP and puts us into melee machine of death mode.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

-1 to MP usage.

We could pop a rage and drop to 3 MP without notable risk. I don't anything left can drain us.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
Re: Olsha Rossalina, Minotaur Monk Gladiator - Round 3: Down but not out
« Reply #335 on: May 28, 2015, 07:49:09 pm »

RAGE.

KILL.

You RAM THE SWORDMONKEY THROUGH and POWERSTAB it twice to be sure it DIES LIKE A MAGGOT. Its PATHETIC MEWLS are as IRRELEVANT to you as its SWORD THROUGH YOU. NOTHING CAN STOP THE HATE.

The HAIRLESS APE draws near to attack, and you respond with a KICK TO THE MIDSECTION that drops it to the floor. You follow up by CRUSHING HIS SKULL LIKE A CHEAP MELON and turn to the FIRE MONSTROSITY, which HISSES MENACINGLY. You CHARGE the ABOMINABLE FIRE and it promptly BITES YOUR LEG OFF.

YOUR FURY GROWS HOTTER, AND YOU-

nothing.

[Dropped to 0 HP: KO]

You are Ganbold, a Factorsmith. You don't normally come to arenas, given the prices and your inarticulate sense that it's some sort of wrong to watch killing for fun. Still, when the Minotaur ducked into your factory and asked politely about weapons fit for a Gladiator, you couldn't help but feel that this could be a chance to do something that was hopefully more good than bad and also a business opportunity. So, like a fool (as your wife is sure to tell you later), you came to the matches and laid a little wager on the Minotaur lady. Up until this moment, it was looking like a wonderful bet.

Up until now, the slippery-named Minotaur had two legs, was murderously (and slightly nauseatingly, truth be told) awake, and not being eaten by some Gods-awful evil fire spirit.

Wait a second... did she just twitch?

NOTHING CAN STOP THE RAGE!

You awaken and regard the HIDEOUS PAINBURNER with HATE. IN. EVERY. HEARTBEAT.

Ypu're dimly aware that you're probably dead already and your brain hasn't quite yet caught up to the fact yet, but right now, you have only one thought:

KILL!

Spoiler: KILL! (click to show/hide)

You, UNSTOPPABLE!, UNSTOPPABLE! (-6 HP), MUMBO JUMBO
V
FIRE PAIN FEAR HATE DEATH KILL (Elemental Mage 2/Predator 1)

Last chance, pretty much. It's going to be a "roll to live" or a "Heroic sacrifice credit for the next character and general XP transfer" unless you get an impossibly high Fate roll or a high Divine Intervention roll.

Spoiler: Ruledump (click to show/hide)

It was amazing: natural 1 against the first attack, natural 20 against the second, natural 20 for the counterattack, and then it was 17 versus your 11. I didn't think it'd actually hit 16 damage, though.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 07:51:16 pm by Ross Vernal »

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 28, 2015, 08:07:38 pm »

Swordtaur and finish it off
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 28, 2015, 08:11:58 pm »

Swordtaur and finish it off
That's a 3-time action. Can we really afford to let it get in another attack?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 28, 2015, 08:25:36 pm »

It seems like we get first move in this game. I have no objection to throwing our strongest attack.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 28, 2015, 08:30:21 pm »

Also, just to be clear, is having to clean up all the summons to be declared winner standard arena rules? Or are we being screwed here? We did, in fact, kill everything we signed up to kill. I think Ganbold would win his bet at this point, reguardless of if we die here. :p

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: May 28, 2015, 08:39:40 pm »

You are being screwed hardcore, although you wouldn't know IC.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: May 28, 2015, 08:44:07 pm »

You are being screwed hardcore, although you wouldn't know IC.

Lol. Sounds like there is quite the large prize they want to avoid paying us then. Things could be pretty good for us if we survive. :p

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: May 29, 2015, 01:19:44 am »

Question: What does the Mumbo Jumbo do?

Also, I'm glad this is back!
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: May 29, 2015, 03:55:09 am »

Question: What does the Mumbo Jumbo do?

Mumbo Jumbo is in the spot where our MP count would usually go. I assume it just means we are too pissed off to use any of our MP abilities at all.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24