Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24

Author Topic: Olsha Rossalina, Minotaur Monk Gladiator - Round 3: Down but not out  (Read 26099 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmmm. You are right. Making sure he is dead is important

I also notice Unstoppable Rage is still on our action list. Can we double down on the buffs? Not this turn obviously...

I'd say attack the vampire in this order: Retribution, Gore, and then Vengeance. Vengance last so we can avoid that nasty HP/MP cost if the first two attacks are enough to kill him.
+1 then.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

Though come to think of it, I am tempted to swap the order of Vengeance and Gore. We might risk an AoO trying to drop Vengeance in his face... but we could save all that MP finishing him with Gore.

Tempting... I can see the merits of both attack orders, but I think I'll stay with what I voted.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Vengeance  last can allow us to hurt him more if he will manage to hurt us
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

Vengeance  last can allow us to hurt him more if he will manage to hurt us

The turn says he is around 15 HP. I'm fairly certain that he dies if any two of these attacks work, regardless of if Vengeance is powered up or not.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Maybe Vengeance, then if he's still alive, swordtaur? But still...
Hmmm. You are right. Making sure he is dead is important

I also notice Unstoppable Rage is still on our action list. Can we double down on the buffs? Not this turn obviously...

I'd say attack the vampire in this order: Retribution, Gore, and then Vengeance. Vengance last so we can avoid that nasty HP/MP cost if the first two attacks are enough to kill him.
+1 then.
+1.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I really hate bumps that make me believe that there are an update

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

I really hate bumps that make me believe that there are an update

Same here... dammit guys :p

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I bumped so GM would remember to update...
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Ross Vernal

• Bay Watcher
  • Hilarity ensues.
    • View Profile

You channel your rage and damage into a deadly bolt of force, then lower your head and CHARGE the bloodparasite and launch the Retribution directly at the vampire from the tip of your horn. The force of your blow (10 Damage) and its immediate RAGE in retaliation draws a deep, painful wound across your face, leaving you half-blind. (-6 Slashing)

You take your VENGEANCE upon him (2 Slashing), and the two of you tear at each other before you finally catch him by the head, squeeze, and start thrashing its body around until it stops twitching and the fluid that had once been a brain (5 Bludgeon+3 Piercing) finishes dripping from your hands. To be safe, you STOMP firmly upon his ribcage several times (x Bludgeon+x Piercing), then turn your angry eye towards the competition, tail flicking madly.

As you watch, the first soldier walks through a bolt of fire and nearly strikes off the Mage's head in a single blow at about the same time the Salamander opens an oversized firey jaw and swallows a soldier whole. You begin to approach the new targets to take your rage out on and see something from the direction of the non-flaming Soldier striking the Ember into steam.

X means "It's zero damage because he's dead but also infinite damage because he's dead." Sorry I forgot about this, I got caught up in stuff and game. :D
You, ENRAGED!, Half-Blind Seriously Wounded 16/44 HP, Seriously Drained 9/24 MP (9/10 Rage Counters, Retribution: 0 Vengeance: 6)
V
Planar "Salamander" (Elemental Mage 2/Predator 1)
V
Coward Soldier 1 Lightly Wounded, !!ON FIRE!!; and Coward Soldier 3 Lightly Wounded, Lightly Drained

Spoiler: ENRAGED ACTIONS (click to show/hide)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

Yay! We killed the vampire!

Alright. I'm thinking that since the Salamander isn't an official combatant, there is a chance the fight might end if it is just it and us, so lets save it for last...

I say we Pre-load Horns of Steel with 3 MP, use Unstoppable Rage for the last time, and gore whatever soldier is furthest from the Salamander, hoping that it will deal with the other one for us.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 11:53:07 pm by Weirdsound »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright. I'm thinking that since the Salamander isn't an official combatant, there is a chance the fight might end if it is just it and us, so lets save it for last...

I say we Pre-load Horns of Steel with 3 MP, use Unstoppable Rage for the last time, and gore whatever soldier is furthest from the Salamander, hoping that it will deal with the other one for us.

-1. This'll take us down to 0 MP, making us explode. We'll also need the mana to get the salamander or it'll light us on fire before we can even approach it. Your salamander theory might be true, though.

Gore whatever soldier is furthest from the salamander, hoping that it will deal with the other one for us.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

-1. This'll take us down to 0 MP, making us explode. We'll also need the mana to get the salamander or it'll light us on fire before we can even approach it. Your salamander theory might be true, though.

Gore whatever soldier is furthest from the salamander, hoping that it will deal with the other one for us.

Exploding happens when we hit some predetermined negative MP level, not 0. Still you might have a point.

I'd still activate deeper rage. Thinking about it, raging and attacking twice is likely better than raging and attacking once with +6 bonus damage.

Unstoppable Rage, Gore furthest soldier from the salamander, Kick furthest soldier from the salamander.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Maybe we should save the Unstoppable Rage for the salamander in case killing the two guys won't end the match?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile

Maybe we should save the Unstoppable Rage for the salamander in case killing the two guys won't end the match?

Rage lasts about 10 turns according to the DM. No way it takes us that long to clear out the soldiers. Might as well pop it early for the endurance and damage buff, so we are more fresh if we do have to fight the salamander.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24