Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51

Author Topic: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.  (Read 83395 times)

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.
« Reply #720 on: June 25, 2015, 04:29:33 pm »

Bartholomew giggles, his eyes still somewhat glassy:
"Смысл во всем."

Rimma shivers.
"Говоришь на русском?"
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: June 25, 2015, 04:50:51 pm »

Bart's eyes focus:
"Что? М-м-м. Д-да."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: June 25, 2015, 04:56:06 pm »

Bart's eyes focus:
"Что? М-м-м. Д-да."

"Я думала на нем говорят только на самых дальних задворках Объединеных Миров. Впрочем, наверное это так."
"Steve sure has his methods of personnel choosing."
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: June 25, 2015, 05:01:44 pm »

"Я думала на нем говорят только на самых дальних задворках Объединеных Миров. Впрочем, наверное это так."
"Steve sure has his methods of personnel choosing."

"Choosing?"

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: June 25, 2015, 05:08:04 pm »

"Choosing?"

"Well he does have his plan. This corps has some history, and it doesn't look spontaneous to me. I can't figure it out, obviously, but there is a plan and we are all parts of it. Except we aren't even gears of this machine, we are the blood-and-bone grease that helps them to spin."
Sigs

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: June 25, 2015, 05:14:57 pm »

"Well he does have his plan. This corps has some history, and it doesn't look spontaneous to me. I can't figure it out, obviously, but there is a plan and we are all parts of it. Except we aren't even gears of this machine, we are the blood-and-bone grease that helps them to spin."
"W-well, then I at least hope it's for the good. May the sense work through us."

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: June 25, 2015, 07:24:36 pm »

"Lars, tell me what of those that distinguish themselves in the honour of Steve tell me of their stories, I remember the stories of old heroes from my childhood, that talk of heroes of the altered wars and other wars before and after. What of people like those in the service of Steve?"
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: June 25, 2015, 07:41:46 pm »

"Well, there's the story of Saint Milno.  The Sword was sailing through space when an unusual disturbance attacked the ship.  Everyone in our section was sealed in away from the light of Steve.  The attacker went after the minds of those it attacked, including myself.  There I was, trying to solve the mystery when I sent visions.  There were dead men everywhere and the wailing of lost souls.  No one could find the source, and it began attacking the rec room.  All hope seemed lost when Milno wisely surmised that the threat was coming from without.  He went out the airlock alone, and faced the menace personally.  After a long battle, he emerged triumphantly and banished the evil back to whence it came.  For his great service, he was sainted by Steve, personally serving as a conduit to his holy voice!"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: June 25, 2015, 07:47:13 pm »

"Are there more who have distinguished themselves in the name of steve?"
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: June 26, 2015, 07:59:13 am »

"Well, there was General Jim, a powerful four-armed angel of Steve who could crush men with his mind.  Brother Mesk is another faithful fellow, who is blessed with the ability to rapidly regenerate any wound, even a broken spine, in minutes.  Brother Maurice exalts Steve with his faith, humble mind, and desire to serve all children of Steve with medical help.  He has gone on a pilgrimage to Hephaestus to assist the Doctor with a project.

Hm... really, each child of Steve serves in his or her own faithful way.  You will know your opportunity when it comes."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AkumaKasai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: June 26, 2015, 06:22:45 pm »

"Well, there was General Jim, a powerful four-armed angel of Steve who could crush men with his mind.  Brother Mesk is another faithful fellow, who is blessed with the ability to rapidly regenerate any wound, even a broken spine, in minutes.  Brother Maurice exalts Steve with his faith, humble mind, and desire to serve all children of Steve with medical help.  He has gone on a pilgrimage to Hephaestus to assist the Doctor with a project.

Hm... really, each child of Steve serves in his or her own faithful way.  You will know your opportunity when it comes."
Elias thinks for a minute about what Lars said.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but everyone currently serving the ARM, excluding the Sword's crew, has been convicted of at least one serious crime, often murder. You claim we were chosen by Steve, but do you really think that a benevolent deity would choose us as his followers?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: June 26, 2015, 07:00:17 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but everyone currently serving the ARM, excluding the Sword's crew, has been convicted of at least one serious crime, often murder. You claim we were chosen by Steve, but do you really think that a benevolent deity would choose us as his followers?
I pad over and tap Elias with my right forepaw before pressing the send button on my wrist-comp.
Quote from: Lyra to Elias
Not convict
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: June 26, 2015, 07:14:05 pm »

"Every person was chosen for a reason.  I know that Steve led me to the path of violence that resulted in me coming here; it was for a particular purpose.  Surely everyone's sins can be forgiven if we serve faithfully."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #733 on: June 26, 2015, 07:16:41 pm »

Elias thinks for a minute about what Lars said.
"That depends on your definition of 'crime'. Is being in the wrong place at the wrong time a crime? What about having different beliefs and the courage to express them, is that a crime? Should you be punished for not agreeing with Lars?

Plus, I know of plenty of religions where its saints were not the kindest of people or were redeemed in some way and/or changed their ways upon joining said religion. Not all religions are all about law and order.

And finally, someone being a criminal does not mean they are the worst people in the world and it doesn't mean they are the same people now as when that event transpired. That's kinda prejudiced of you, don't you think? It merely means that someone somewhere decided (intentionally or unintentionally) to label them as such. Each individual is different. You can't judge everyone by the label someone chose to apply to them.

Irrelevant: I've heard people say the AM was one of us in the past yet she is now part of the crew, so your statement about the crew is not entirely correct either."

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: June 26, 2015, 07:47:51 pm »

"Then there is me who finally got caught after blowing up a space station. One without civilians that is."
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51