Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 51

Author Topic: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.  (Read 83383 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.
« Reply #705 on: June 25, 2015, 02:13:18 pm »

"UWM is many men. A great and headless thing, power in numbers, no guidance, no idea for it beside feeding itself. An idiot god all together, maybe? A magister is a half-god, if he is good at his work. A man with parts of god in him, not the other way around. And this is what I am saying - mankind makes a Steve, but this is in the past. Steve is a tool that becomes a god. It was built to be a god, do you see? A god of small things, but one which wants much more."

There was much reading to be done on the ship, what with all the time one tended to have when not performing mission-related tasks. Chief had looked through a bit of history, herself.

"It is just interesting to me. A god that is, not a god that is spoken of, like the other gods the holy man talks about. A thing with absolute power, to be used when it wants to, over all we do."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #706 on: June 25, 2015, 02:14:44 pm »

"You all seem to have very strong opinions about the divinity (or lack thereof) of Steve. Care to explain to me what it even means to be divine? Because I think some of you are using the word quite differently from what I'm used to. Might be a dialect issue. With the way Space English is changing every day it's a divine miracle I can understand kids these days."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: June 25, 2015, 02:23:35 pm »

"Sister, have you been here long?  I do not recognize your voice.  You have as of yet been unable to witness any of the miracles of Steve.  There have been many things that have happened that are unexplainable by the works of man.  But you raise a valid point; the works of man can be set against the works of god.  The UWM needs no divine assistance to set itself up as a pretender of greatness.  Yet still it is our divine command to purge its stain, so that we must, regardless of the nature of our enemy."

Ignoring some things other people say, Rimma starts speaking fast at Lars:

"You know, you're right about the fact that I haven't been here for long. I was awakened, what, 24, 30 hours ago from stasis. I was given new eyes, and for that I am eternally grateful. Then it turned out I was awakened and thrown into the world only in order to discover my father was killed down on this planet just hours ago. And you know who is in charge of awakening new people. There is no point in being angry and cry in sorrow, because I'll never know the reason behind that decision, and that is not because I'm not capable of it, it is because I'm not willing to know it. It doesn't help me much that I'm going to live a meaningless and quite possibly short life under Steve's command now. But that's my only option, so that's what I will do."
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: June 25, 2015, 02:34:46 pm »

"It is not your only option," mentions Chief. "Steve does offer freedom to any who want it. You can catch one of those... ships to Hephaestus, live a peaceful life, work for a living. Or go to Q'Baja, live there. It is not a bad place, not outside the desert."
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 02:36:59 pm by Harry Baldman »

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: June 25, 2015, 02:48:49 pm »

"It is not your only option," mentions Chief. "Steve does offer freedom to any who want it. You can catch one of those... ships to Hephaestus, live a peaceful life, work for a living. Or go to Q'Baja, live there. It is not a bad place, not outside the desert."

"I would give anything for this just recently. Now, I don't think I want that anymore. I got back my vision, the sense I lacked for my whole conscious life, just like that. I walk among men and women who can manipulate matter and laws of physics with sheer will effort, and never have to worry about their body being incapable of something with all the prosthetics and genetic therapy provided. Finally, your general, Miyamoto - that is ascention to a whole new level of being. I don't want to live a life of a happily saved cripple. I want to see places very few have seen, I want to feel things few have felt. This is what I'm going to do, that is what I will concentrate on, till I die. I can't really do much of the things you do. But I'll find myself a place among you."
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: June 25, 2015, 03:00:07 pm »

"Then this is what you want, this thing you call a meaningless and short life under Steve's command, when it is not your only option? I do not see the problem?" Chief says, leaning toward Rimma. "Though it does look very good, this life, and I feel the same as you. The ship, the magic, the less terrible missions that are not like the one the ground teams had, it is all very interesting, yes? And it will kill you at one point, and me too. Steve gives you all the rope you need to hang yourself, does he not?"
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 03:02:05 pm by Harry Baldman »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: June 25, 2015, 03:07:18 pm »

Lars smiles inside his suit.  "Sister, I feel your mind opening already.  One cannot know the thoughts behind what the great Steve does, but one can only relish the opportunity and appreciate what you can do with your hands to further the cause.  Blessed be."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: June 25, 2015, 03:07:58 pm »

"It is a new life. I want it. I'm not eager to give it up, I'll try to get everything I want out of it. I'll take what is given to me, I'll give back what I can give."
Sigs

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: June 25, 2015, 03:09:34 pm »

"And that is all that Steve has ever asked of us."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: June 25, 2015, 03:22:27 pm »

"Useful way to think about it, yes. Time will tell if it is healthy, too."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: June 25, 2015, 03:25:08 pm »

"And that is all that Steve has ever asked of us."

"It is always someone who wants this from you. At some point, I accepted this order. Back in... my other life it was a gang leader. He told me what to say and to whom. Now it will be Steve, pointing his allmighty finger, - she leans back against the wall - I was playing a blind prophetess, you see. In fact, I was just blind and very well informed. So what I did is, I started to enjoy fooling pointed people, I started gathering all the information I can myself and trick people I wanted, - she throws her head back and looks at the ceiling - I ended up here."
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 03:26:49 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: June 25, 2015, 03:26:43 pm »

Gus squirmed uncomfortably in his seat. This conversation had taken a turn for the theological, and he wasn't sure he liked it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: June 25, 2015, 03:53:46 pm »

"Steve's many machinations are there to ensure the right people are in the right place at the right time.  He sent three police officers to harass me; they started a sequence of events that brought me to this place, so that I could minister to the faithful."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: June 25, 2015, 04:01:00 pm »

"I am here because people wanted to steal my things," Chief says, then sighs. "They were good things. It took me a lot of time to find them. Much more time to find out what they did. Who knows where they are now, the people or the things? But there are new things to find here, so I do not worry much."

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: June 25, 2015, 04:12:41 pm »

Bartholomew giggles, his eyes still somewhat glassy:
"It is not important. The sense is in all. Is he smart calculator, is he god out of machine, it's not important. He clearly is instrument of the sense. How many gods of old are just humans who had much power? Yet they inspired humanity for ages, and moved humanity in sense's path. Смысл во всем."
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 51