Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 51

Author Topic: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team: Hidden Fun Stuff.  (Read 83744 times)

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Snapdragon Team
« Reply #270 on: April 28, 2015, 03:32:59 pm »

"The sense is in Algis, who guides protecting sense. Смысл в Алгисе, проводнике смысла защищающего."
Pray to Algis.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #271 on: April 28, 2015, 06:40:02 pm »

TEAM A

Keep a lookout for visible signs of the Haebi organism trying to shoot us down. Warn Yaroslav if I see anything.

Hasala frowns when Yaroslav mentions heading towards "team" C, but doesn't say anything.
"Damn, Thanks there,Yaroslav."
Look up at the sky, is there anything up there? If there were scanning stations they would be invisible, but it never hurts to check.
Y. Vetrov - Team A

Continue flying, change course slightly towards Team Cat. Be extra aware of bone spears Lyra talked about.

- Team B reconnects with Team Cat. I'm changing course slightly. People, look carefully for anything that tries to hit us and shout out loud and bang my carapace with your hands if you see something.
"Sure will do, also I would request that no dead or people unable to defend themselves be left on the ground they may not come back... also some help with this bleeding would be great"
If I spot danger shout/bang things, try and stop/slow bleeding with a tourniquet or something.
Y. Vetrov - Team A

Continue flying, change course slightly towards Team Cat. Be extra aware of bone spears Lyra talked about.

- Team B reconnects with Team Cat. I'm changing course slightly. People, look carefully for anything that tries to hit us and shout out loud and bang my carapace with your hands if you see something.

You all make it one square towards Cat team, but as you go, all the scanning eyeballs clinging to Yaro notice something. This planet has a low cloud layer, a sort of wispy yellow haze that makes it hard to see very high, even with the various scanning modes of the cameyes. But up here, near the cloud layer, they can see something. Something big; like a zepplin or blimp hovering up there in the clouds. It's not much more then a floating black shadow from your perspective, but it is clearly large and probably not happy with you. And if there's one, there might be more.

TEAM B

Brother Lars began to loudly pray for the team.  "O Algis, we loyal followers come to you in our time of need.  We ask that you see fit to shield us with your hands while we carry out the divine will of Steve.  May we walk in the light of Steve, and ever always be in the favor of Pathmas."

Stick with the team, carrying anyone too otherwise injured to move.  Pray to Algis et al for the safety of the mission teams.
"The sense is in Algis, who guides protecting sense. Смысл в Алгисе, проводнике смысла защищающего."
Pray to Algis.
Ulrich Leland, Team B. Location: In jeep.

"Damn instane fungus... Here's pills for you, Billy boy, don't die yet. We need you."

Still driving to reach team Cat. Pay attention to ground and sky.

((I thought there was a pill if monster attacking us)))
regain my bairings and put on an eye patch
fucking fungi! Sorry I paniced. Can I get a new eye now or borrow some stem cells and structural tissue?[/b]
((It exploded.))

((Can we get a map?))
((http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/File:20SnapLoc.png))
Do my best not to die. "I should be okay I haven't lost that much blood we should try and finish the mission first and worry about my inability to feel my arm later."
((I thought there was a pill if monster attacking us)))
regain my bairings and put on an eye patch
fucking fungi! Sorry I paniced. Can I get a new eye now or borrow some stem cells and structural tissue?[/b]
Spaz, the spike that destroyed your eye is STILL IN YOUR HELMET AND IN YOUR FACE. You never removed it. Your helmet is still leaking oxygen and you still have a spike in your eye.

You make it to Cat team just in time for the yellow clouds to part and for a giant mass of hovering flesh to dip down through them and open fire, hurling spikes down from the heavens. And by make it to Cat team, I mean that you make it to where they were, at which point Flint hucked lyra at you like a furry softball and then sprinted away in the other direction as the organic zepplin starting shooting.

TEAM C

"mrow"
if one of the jeeps catches up to us, then I hop off Flint and move over to it and check on their injured. otherwise, I'm staying on the guy in the battlesuit that just saved my life. I try to keep watch in whatever direction Flint isn't facing, making sure that we don't get surprised from the rear again like that.
((I blame Lenglon for jinxing this with her look for spikes action.[/joking]))

"Don't worry girl, you'll be fine." Flint said as he opened his arms and released Lyra from her protective cocoon-hug.
"You've got a real ARMy hero on your side." he added jokingly as he raised his arm to allow Lyra to climb on top of him.
"Question is, how the hell did the planet know where we are? We weren't touching it and it has no eyes that we can see, it couldn't sense the exhaust since we were flying high and it couldn't hear us because there is no atmosphere... It couldn't predict the path we would follow since we were moving erratically (unless it knows we are following the nerves, in which case this means we are getting closer). We haven't even caused enough damage to it to render ourselves important... Maybe it's just a result of the alert level increasing." Flint continued talking to Lyra through the radio as he shut down his alarm and reoriented himself.
"If that's the case, then the other teams are in even greater danger. These static spike defence towers or whatever they are are probably going to become more common. Or worse kinds of static defences are going to appear."

"This planet is an idiot if it thinks I will let a few spikes stop me. And it is an even bigger idiot for daring to attack Flint Westwood. So what if it hit a main rocket? I've got extra. What do you say? Keep going?"

I would still like to complain about the speed at which you had us move. If you are using Manhattan distance, then the jeep just moved 4 squares. If you are not using manhattan distance, then we should had reached our destination by now, since we should had gone two south east last turn instead of just going two south. The purpose of flying on my own was to move quicker than the main group and yet I seem to be moving slower than a jeep for some reason. The jeep that has a battlesuit walking with it and has to drive through flesh and avoid holes. A heavy battlesuit. While I'm flying. In a mobility battlesuit. We've been flying the entire time, while occasionally stopping to check for nerves. They've been driving with a battlesuit walking besides them. We really should not be at adjacent tiles. Or at least that's my opinion. I though mobility battlesuits could fly faster than vehicles, since I was able to easily catch up to the APC in the cultist mission and fly it to the airport while avoiding helicopters.

I just want to know if I've made a mistake or if there is any reason for this happening so that I can know how to best help my team.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Assuming I am at my destination, which is marked cyan at the map, then cut into the ground and check for nerves, if I can't see any without cutting. Then start running towards where they are going, using cameyes to watch for danger.

If I am not at my destination, the start running towards it as fast as I can, using cameyes to watch for danger. Once there, do the above.

If I can still fly reliably then I do that instead of running, staying very close to the ground so that I'm not vulnerable to AA, just using the rockets to get the speed advantage.

Also, remove the spikes from my armour if I can do so quickly and safely.

You only made it one space last time because you were shot out of the damn sky before you could move more. When you move unimpeded you normally move like 3-4 spaces to the jeep's top speed of 2, usually 1.

I also assume you're not flying at full, have to roll aux every turn, speed since you want to keep an eye on the ground. You wanna cover 6-8 squares in a turn, you can do that, but not when your turn is full of "Look around, keep checking the sky and the ground and everything else." Hard to do that when it's a blur of high speed movement.

For now, we'll just say you dump lyra off with B team and then promptly go sprinting away and make it to your destination.  The nerves there head east.
They're pretty thick though, so the thing must be close.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: April 28, 2015, 07:07:04 pm »

"That doesn't look good. Fly a bit closer to the ground, Yaroslav."

Keep an eye on the shadow in the clouds. Use my free hand(s) to wipe the syrup-like liquid off my feet and dab it on the damaged edges of my Sharksuit chestplate. Use Konrad's lost blood and the syrup from other peoples' feet, too, if there isn't enough on just mine for it to regenerate fully.

Be prepared to nudge anything I see shot at us onto a non-intercept course with my Mass Manipulation Amplifier, unless it's car-sized, or something. Then nudge us onto a non-intercept course with it, if Yaroslav doesn't manage to.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #273 on: April 28, 2015, 07:33:46 pm »

((@PW: I meant that I should had gone two southeast instead of going two south the turn before the last turn, but it's OK, it's not that important right now anyway. It's not like I can change anything. Just wanted to know. Thank you for your response.))

Flint was starting to pant. The battlesuit might have been able to enhance his strength, but all the effort of moving quickly, the fear, the constant need to do everything and be wary for anything, it was getting to him.
Just a bit longer damn you. Just a bit longer. Hold on just a bit longer.
Private channel to Steve (use text message if he's too far away to receive voice properly): "Hey Steve. How you doing? Everything OK up there?

Listen, I've got the brain thingy we're divining for. Just a few questions, if you have the answers for them. Your safest rough estimates will do, I don't need exact numbers.

How deep is it?
How wide is it? How do I know not to accidentally cut into it while digging?
How long until the shuttle gets here?
And what do we do when we find it, how do we dig it out? Is there anything else we should do to secure it? Any procedure we should follow? Or just do what seems best?"

I keep the comm channel open as a wait for Steve's reply and keep running towards wherever the nerves are going. Just use my cameyes to look at what's in front of me and focus on running.

Before I start running, try to duct tape my trusty automapping drone on my back to act as a rearview mirror. And launch another one to scout the area around and ahead of me for good measure.

((Got to compensate for not having Lyra to watch my back...))

Edit: In case it isn't obvious, I stop if I spot the brain.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 06:34:33 am by Parisbre56 »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: April 28, 2015, 08:09:48 pm »

remove spike and try and path up the.hole once the spike is removed tie it to the. Front of my laser rifle so it's a bayonet
uh guys? A little help?
(( I didnt realize it was still in there))
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 10:33:43 am by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: April 28, 2015, 08:13:20 pm »

"One second."

Aid in spike removal from [spazyak's character]'s eye, keep an eye on the floating mass.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 09:52:42 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: April 28, 2015, 09:50:19 pm »

Brother Lars tuned his radio so the whole team could hear.  "Commander Hasala!  There is a large floating mass shooting at us!  Permission to open fire?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: April 28, 2015, 10:10:48 pm »

((Assuming here that Flint broadcasted finding thicker nerves.))

"...Permission granted, Lars."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: April 28, 2015, 10:40:08 pm »

"Yes, commander!  Ingram, guide my shot!  Algis, I beseech you to shield us!"

Move into firing position and set the PEW into Compressed Shot mode.  Fire on the blimp, then hustle along with the squad.  Dodge any incoming fire.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 08:05:14 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: April 28, 2015, 11:59:40 pm »

Ulrich Leland, Team B. Location: In jeep.

Drive after Flint. Dodge bony artillery from the sky when people tell me to dodge and swat away things that I cannot dodge with mass amp.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 09:37:42 am by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 29, 2015, 12:41:07 am »

Y. Vetrov - Team A

- Yessir. I'll try to speed us up a little, so keep watching, people.

Keep flying. Go for Team B location, since our medic is there. Lower flight altitude to just below the clouds. Given  I have several pairs of eyes watching my back, try to concentrate more on flight and speed up a little.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 10:24:57 am by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 29, 2015, 12:46:04 am »

Search the sky for anything big and sharp looking, warn Yaro if anything comes from that zepplin.
"Yo, Yaro, you still have that laser rifle with you? I would like to shoot at the big thing but the Gauss rifle prolly' has too much recoil on it for you to fly safely.
Actually, forget about shooting it, I just want my laser rifle back."
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 29, 2015, 12:55:42 am »

- Let's wait till we land then, okay, John? I'm a little busy right now.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 29, 2015, 04:38:59 am »

"I have a rifle on hand if someone wants to kill that thing, although I expect it back"
if anyone wants it give them pawn, keep head behind a solid bit of Yaro, attempt to keep any bleeding to a minimum, switch helmet feed to feed from pawn, if I am still holding the Pawn point it toward the zepplin.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 04:41:08 am by Corsair »
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 29, 2015, 09:56:59 am »

Triage - first check on our amputees and make sure they aren't bleeding all over the place. then once I'm sure they aren't going to die soon I move on to Mr Spikeface, and attempt to give him a better last name than Spikeface.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 51