Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 45

Author Topic: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team  (Read 81483 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 20: Gyromitra Team
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2015, 04:37:17 pm »

What I mean is that there's holes everywhere! If I hit another, everyone's in the shit and I can't see them!

"And that's why I'll be walking in front of you. Just drive where I walk or tell you to, I'll call out holes if I see them."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2015, 06:31:39 pm »

Zayne keeps one hand on his machete, the other on the jeep to brace himself. "..Well, that was sudden."

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2015, 07:17:54 pm »

"Glad I'm not those guys. Not so glad I fucked with the UWM's records anymore," Ryan says to himself as he steadies.

Keep an eye out for things flying out of the skin at me. Get ready to duck and/or fight. Hopefully duck. Take a look at Morul's wounds if he gets close enough. Wish I had an actual medic's kit.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 11:59:09 pm by Pufferfish »

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2015, 07:51:58 pm »

"Team Snapdragon, be advised, We just had fast moving worm critters coming through the ground that will wrap around you and dissolve your armor."
"Nothing like that on our end, as far as I can tell. It's tried to flip our jeeps, and tried to trap the ARM trooper checking for nerves, but no sign of the soldier lifeforms, yet. Maybe it's reacting to your Avatar?"

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2015, 08:01:48 pm »

"GET OFF YOU LITTLE SHIT! GET IN THE FUCKING JEEPs AND DRIVE FOOLS!

Use my mass amp to carefully toss the acid worm off. If successful, climb into the jeep, and try and get someone to look at the damage.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Nunzillor

« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2015, 11:06:57 pm »

"This... could be going better."

Try and sharpen the scythe by "slicing" small glass fragments off the blade with the MFM.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2015, 11:58:06 pm »

"Wow, you look like you took a hit there - uh - Morul? Need someone to look at you?"

Praefectus Screptum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 22, 2015, 12:09:45 am »

Shoot the god dammn worm.
"I will be there in a moment, just gotta kill this stupid thing! "

Follow Jeep 2, activate heat vision to check if it helps, if not turn it off.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2015, 11:27:11 am by Praefectus Screptum »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 22, 2015, 06:11:10 am »

"Wow, you look like you took a hit there - uh - Morul? Need someone to look at you?"

"There is a medkit available if you need it, I believe Kyle has it. "

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2015, 11:44:41 am »

Keep watch for any sudden attacks or holes.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2015, 12:19:34 pm »

SIX TURNS HAVE PASSED

Duck down into the bottom of the jeep.
"TACTICAL COWARDICE ACTIVATE!"

You hide in the bottom of the jeep, curled up near everyone else's feet.

Use manip to push away (as in, first uncoil them, then push away) the worm things on me and crush them. Then burn them if that doesn't kill them. If Morul can't get his assailants off of him, do the same for him. If possible, collect some of the worm and dissolving slime into an artifact container.

Then continue going west. Walk in front of jeep 1, use cameyes to help it avoid pits and such. If anything comes jumping at us, push it away with manip if possible.

Oh, and by the way, can we communicate with the other team, maybe via routing our signal through the sword? And the jeeps are driving west, in case they don't specify.

((PW, you once told me I didn't have to put 'and scan around with cameyes' into every turn, and that I could assume I'd do so always automatically. Isn't that still a thing? Cause I can just put that into mu turn every time, but that seems kinda annoying for the both of us.))

(After those things are dealt with)
"Stay calm people, focus on making haste. We keep moving west. Drivers, either let a big robot walk in front of you, or have someone with cameyes help you avoid any pits. Morul, you help jeep 2 with your cameyes. Iveso, you are with the second jeep as well. You don't have cameyes, but I think your suit dies have heat vision, use it if it helps."

((So yes, don't forget to put 'start driving' in your action, or to get in a jeep, so we don't lose another turn.))
You manage to tear your attackers off, but lose most of the armor from your legs in the process. Still, they are off you and in many crushed pieces so thats better then nothing.

You yank Morul's beasties off with much less damage to him then you did to yourself, but he's still resembling a skeleton in the torso area and it's making it very hard for him to move very well. 

You head westerly, now looking at the ground with extra fervor and continuously shouting to the jeeps where not to drive.

Keep doing my safe (hopefully) nothing for now, sit in the jeep, once again shank anything that gets too close.
You join kyle on the floor.

"Holy shit they are escalating in lethality rather quickly" Make sure not to exit/fall out of Jeep, keep an eye on my surroundings and be ready to dodge first, shoot second
You stand on the seat and keep your head on a swivel like a particularly silly looking bobble head.

"Swimming through the ground? Yarr, we be driving on uncharted waters now. So buckle up mateys, thar be no telling what manner of beasties lurk beneath these deceptively calm slopes. But I'll get you through, with the help of me trusty navigator Morul, or me name's not Captain Ronald. Yarr, hoist the colors."

Put on a terrible pirate accent and, once anybody who needs back on the jeep, drive west again, following advice from those with vision modes

"...and really bad eggs..."
Huh, driving with your doom arms eh?

Ahh, that +2 in mind was a good idea.

You drive west.

Zayne keeps one hand on his machete, the other on the jeep to brace himself. "..Well, that was sudden."
MORE FLOOR

"GET OFF YOU LITTLE SHIT! GET IN THE FUCKING JEEPs AND DRIVE FOOLS!

Use my mass amp to carefully toss the acid worm off. If successful, climb into the jeep, and try and get someone to look at the damage.
"Glad I'm not those guys. Not so glad I fucked with the UWM's records anymore," Ryan says to himself as he steadies.

Keep an eye out for things flying out of the skin at me. Get ready to duck and/or fight. Hopefully duck. Take a look at Morul's wounds if he gets close enough. Wish I had an actual medic's kit.
Morul gets himself half dragged into a jeep to be looked over.

Ryan, though lacking tools, manages to secure and roughly splice enough synth muscle over Moruls now badly exposed ribcage and braincase to allow him free range of motion.  He warns, however, that over strenuous activities or even minor damage will damage the muscles and render morul almost incapable of movement.

"This... could be going better."

Try and sharpen the scythe by "slicing" small glass fragments off the blade with the MFM.
I'll save you time and tell you, again, that the thing is gonna snap into a dozen pieces the instant you try to use it. It's glass.

Shoot the god dammn worm.
"I will be there in a moment, just gotta kill this stupid thing! "

Follow Jeep 2, activate heat vision to check if it helps, if not turn it off.
According to cael, prae wants to just run away from this thing and follow the jeep. Alright.

He follows the jeep.

You all make it 2 squares west.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2015, 01:48:00 pm »

Quote from: Lyra to Miya
Soldiers gathering distant, visible from air. maybe same there.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2015, 03:09:55 pm »

"Stay on the move people, we go southwest now. Morul, you think you could manage a quick jump with your rocket pack to scan around? I just got word the other team has incoming soldiers.

And Iveso, I told you to walk in front of the jeep, not to follow it! You gotta spot for them."

Can I assume I quickly scooped up some of that worm thing and it's dissolving slime into an artifact container?

Either way, quickly make a cut into the ground and check where the nerves are heading. Then continue guiding the jeeps, using cameyes etc. If anything comes jumping at us, push it away with manip if possible. We are going southwest, by the way.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2015, 04:47:31 am by Radio Controlled »

HavingPhun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 22, 2015, 03:45:18 pm »

Continue to hide in the jeep, get ready to move / fight if we are attacked.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 22, 2015, 03:49:55 pm »

"Yarr, a southwesterly heading it is!

Drive southwest
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 45