Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20

Author Topic: Mission 19: Knock Knock  (Read 31770 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Mission 19: Knock Knock
« Reply #270 on: June 18, 2015, 04:52:10 pm »

Pan raises a hand, still keeping his head down and his eyes closed. He knows his brain isn't in his head, but old habits die hard.

"I want to says three things. First, just in case, I would really appreciate it if everyone could refrain from raising their voices. I've got a splitting headache and I'm liable to do bad things if anyone makes it worse.
Second, I think I remember Thad here saying something you weren't responding to his hails at the moment that whole debacle was going on. Or something. Everything's a bit fuzzy, I'll review my records in a second.
And last but not least, all y'all should be really fucking thankful to me. That amp shield seriously hurt. Hurts, present tense, even."

He lowers his hands and rubs his temples

"That's what I wanted to say. Jeez Louise, I can feel my braincells mourning over their dead brethren."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 18, 2015, 05:56:40 pm »

"Second, I think I remember Thad here saying something you weren't responding to his hails at the moment that whole debacle was going on. Or something. Everything's a bit fuzzy, I'll review my records in a second."

Milno sighs and his gaze moves to Pancaek, though that can't be seen through his helmet's protective plate. "Pancaek, good job saving - almost - everyone's sorry asses; Mesk's dead, but no one cares. And you know as well as I do that's a pretty shitty excuse. I told him to wait a little and waiting a few seconds more wouldn't have killed anyone. Not receiving an answer after calling me once doesn't mean I'm dead and he should do his damnedest to be reckless; I had already gave him a pretty clear opinion on the scenario and I didn't imagine that someone I had started to trust would act like he did - exploding everything a few seconds after I told him opening the damn doors was a bad idea." He then puts a hand on his helmet like he's either thinking or contemplating clawing his own brains out of his skull - it's hard to tell when he has armor on.

"Rookie has his version and at the very least he didn't try to open the door because he imagined it'd be fun and make him look hip. Thinking it was something he had to deal with doesn't excuse that mistake, but at least it explains it. There are others ways you could have gone about checking that out without tripping that goddamn trap, but I'm sure he's aware of it now." Milno shoots Thaddeus another look before resuming.

"He isn't getting executed. I need someone to pay for all the crap he destroyed and that'll be his sorry ass. He's basically a slave, he's banned from Joker missions and I hope he fares well enough in the standard ones to help his team succeed and clear his debt as soon as possible. Kicking his crotch right now wouldn't help any since he's got a robot body, so there's that. Anything to add from the rest?"
Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 18, 2015, 06:07:30 pm »

Thaddeus lets out a robotic sigh before looking at Milno.

"Alright let's hear it. How much of a financial hole do I have to dig myself out of? Eight for Amber, ten or twelve for the shield plus how ever much more for any other gear? Twenty to thirty tokens?"
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 18, 2015, 06:34:20 pm »

"However much the team fund's stuff was worth too. You go check on how much that is." Milno's reply comes dry. "The Ember can still be useful, but I don't want you being its test subject. We can't have you dying before you pay off all of your debt."
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 18, 2015, 06:36:54 pm »

"Understood"
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 18, 2015, 06:39:38 pm »

"Well, I'd like to point out that if they had a tripwire on the door to the arsenal, there were likely other low-tech failsafes to prevent the usage of the nukes in play, and we'd only have found out when Steve tried to use them like we intended. So it was probably the smart play to clear the rest of the ship, but we probably should have gone about it differently."
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 18, 2015, 07:30:53 pm »

Milno doesn't even move his head to face Yancy. "I wasn't against trying to check out what exactly was going on, specially after the mindfuck reaction some had. Opening the door, though, was not a good idea. We could have spent a few seconds coming up with something better than that."

"Not bad for a newbie, by the way."
he adds, addressing the new trooper.
>Yes?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 18, 2015, 08:50:16 pm »

((Do note that if I haven't misread PW, Yancy has a shiny new robobody. Just for reference))

Yancy changes his faceplate to a cat-smile. " Thank you, sir. I'll try to not fuck up by the numbers in the future."
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #278 on: June 19, 2015, 09:46:03 am »

Here be our stat losses:

Thad: 5 points of general knowledge. You dun thik gud

Yancy: 5 points loss to conventional.

Dubley: Mysteriously uninjured.

Faith: 5 point loss in mind.

Pancaek: General knowledge down to -1, intuition down to 0, Fate up to +2.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 20, 2015, 02:10:03 pm »

Anything else?" Milno insists, apparently waiting for a negative for those who had enough of their brains intact to reply.
>Yes?

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 20, 2015, 02:57:40 pm »

"No sir, not that I can really think of. If that is all, I'm going to hit the VR and see if there were other points of entry we could have used-though I'm guessing short of going through the hull they'd have likely booby-trapped those as well."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 22, 2015, 12:21:12 pm »

"Nah, nothing that springs to mind. Are we going to get any, you know, round, discs, lids...tokens for this at all? Or should we fuck off and be happy they revived us at all?"

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 24, 2015, 04:43:07 pm »

So, we done and free to post on-ship?

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 24, 2015, 10:48:29 pm »

((Sorry for OOC, two important clarifications concerning the equipment:
Thaddeus (and, for the future, anyone who kept their helmet intact) keeps his Mk III.
Pancaek keeps everything he had stored in the Gut of Holding (as hypothesised earlier).
Source:
Spoiler: IRC Excerpts (click to show/hide)
Yay for the luckier ones! ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 25, 2015, 10:38:34 am »

((I like to think my decisions through, and life's still hectic. I'll edit the post when I get to my workplace.))

"As for pay, I think you'd qualify for at least eight tokens each. You did quite a good job up to the moment you thought exploding yourselves would be a fun experience, but that explosive finale is costing you some tokens."
>Yes?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20