Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20

Author Topic: Mission 19: Knock Knock  (Read 31765 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Mission 19: Knock Knock
« Reply #255 on: June 18, 2015, 11:02:49 am »

Jason does a quick corpse count as he enters the shuttle. "That's everyone but Xan, I think. I could go get it. Probably the right thing to do...what the hell am I saying, that thing is a monster. Safer to leave it out here." Jason mumbled to himself, swaying a bit from dizziness as he makes his way to the console and hits the autopilot command.

"Steve, the shuttle's on autopilot. I would really appreciate it if you had a doctor or two standing by when we get there, and maybe some blood too. I seem to be losing a lot of it. I'm gonna go sit in that corner and try not to die until we get there."

Use autopilot to go back to Sword. Sit in corner and try not to bleed out. Maybe put pressure on the injury with my good arm. Unless that would require medical knowledge. Don't do it if it does. Think of that Sheep I saw that one time. Wonder if it found a nice pasture to graze in.

Cold as ice.

Which is, incidentally, a good way to describe not only your attitude toward Xan, but your state of health when you make it back to the ship. Though not technically dead, you're in a deep coma and probably only not dead because Steve lowered the temperatures in your suit to near freezing once you passed out.

They revive you, and the rest of joker team, once you return to the ship. Everyone in the synth bodies get their bodies regrown, the robos get their bodies fix and the former fleshies get the cold embrace of metal.

Rescue team gets 3 tokens each for their work, meaning that Beirus gets 6 since Xan is mysteriously absent.

Joker team...Well, I'll let milno decide your payment and fate.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 18, 2015, 11:24:30 am »

((...I request asylum. Not sure with who. Miya is likely to eat me, Steve probably doesn't care, and Pan may want to twist my head off. And of course Milno has nefarious things planned for me. I can feel it.))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 18, 2015, 11:33:44 am »

((You can room with me, I'm upfront about any dickey I happen to pull.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 18, 2015, 11:50:43 am »

((I find it mildly scary that I'm actually considering that as an option. Anyways, let's see what happens first.))
Well, it only hates Linux for now. If we could condition it to hate computer viruses, than hooray! Free, brutal virus protection! Unless you have Linux!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 18, 2015, 11:56:30 am »

((Pan is mad. But not at Thad. You might get some flack, but he's got your back.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 18, 2015, 11:59:50 am »

((So Pancaek won't beat him with a... raek?))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 18, 2015, 12:00:46 pm »

((My support base grows))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 18, 2015, 12:04:41 pm »

((Does this mean I'm still fleshy? Do I need a new robo-arm? Is my Hive okay? Also, yay. Still alive.))
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 18, 2015, 12:08:46 pm »

((So Pancaek won't beat him with a... raek?))
((I think right now it all depends on how bad the brain damage is. I may need to borrow a raek or spaed from the armoury after all))

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 18, 2015, 12:18:06 pm »

((Does this mean I'm still fleshy? Do I need a new robo-arm? Is my Hive okay? Also, yay. Still alive.))

((And you're sporting a NEW Clingy Macguffin, one that'll fuck you up even easier than your old one as you just found out :P))
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 18, 2015, 12:27:45 pm »

((PW said he forgot to tell you guys if there's stat loss, and that it might be best to wait with lvl up till he's done that.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 18, 2015, 12:35:18 pm »

((PW said he forgot to tell you guys if there's stat loss, and that it might be best to wait with lvl up till he's done that.))
((I was, maybe, possibly, silently hoping he might have forgotten. frak, brain damage incoming))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 18, 2015, 04:34:03 pm »

Pan sits, head in his hands, with the rest of the team.

"Hey guys, why do I feel like I was in a giant explosion and died?"

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 18, 2015, 04:41:23 pm »

When the unfortunate members of M19 wake up, Milno is already sitting on a chair and apparently waiting for them. It's surprising how fast he had to see their ugly mugs - or their head-thing, in the case of people with no face - again. "I'll be honest: you managed to get all of the info, which was good. But you also managed to explode yourselves with the same nukes that were supposed to draw attention away from our ground teams, and now their mission - which looked more important than getting the information - may fail."

"Now, how much pay do you think you deserve?"
his question is incisive and direct, showing he doesn't seem too much in favor of rewarding failure.

"We could wait and see if your actions doomed the ground teams; what really sticks out is that you made a really bad decision." He then spins the datapad in his hands, showing a repeating recording of him advising Thaddeus not to open the doors, followed by telling him to not do anything brash and wait for Steve's confirmation. A scant few seconds later, there's an explosion. The explosion. "Rookie, I can understand that you thought it could be something you'd need to tackle sooner or later to avoid ruining the mission, but why did you do it that way? Did you think a split second decision was necessary? Tell me." He then leans closer and crosses his hands under his chin, the bottom of his arms keeping the datapad in place against his lap.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

renegadelobster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 18, 2015, 04:49:26 pm »

Thaddeus sits up and stares at his hands before responding.

"Honestly? I should get nothing. The rest of them were following orders from me. They should at least get some to help replace whatever gear was lost."

Thaddeus goes back to staring at his hands again before answering.

"Hmm. As for that? I don't know. I saw the three of us freak out, like when your stomach turns and the hair on the back of your neck stands up moments before something bad happens. I guess...I guess that's what I was trying to prevent. And ended up causing."
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20