Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Bottlecaps and Ducktape (Risus Adventure IC)  (Read 4329 times)

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Bottlecaps and Ducktape (Risus Adventure IC)
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2015, 10:34:26 am »

"Y'kno, we could just not plan, and just head straight into trouble, and hope we come out fine on the other side, with only our wits and cool cars to keep us on the good. But hey, that's just a theory. Hey, where's the key, anyway?"
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2015, 10:40:27 am »

I'd imagine... They have fuel. They wouldn't... Be bikers if they couldn't ride their bikes, would they? And... This is how I speak. Deal... With it.

"We are three mil in the hole, and you hope to pay that back by stealing fuel from bikers? It would take fuel just to get over there, and we aren't exactly equipped to bring back enough to make a profit on. We would end up losing money! And if I lose one more cap, I am capping you."

"Y'kno, we could just not plan, and just head straight into trouble, and hope we come out fine on the other side, with only our wits and cool cars to keep us on the good. But hey, that's just a theory. Hey, where's the key, anyway?"

"...He...threw....them....to...you. The keys are in your hands. Look down at those things at the end of your arms. You see them? The keys are there. I am not going along with anything that will make us more poor, and that plan will rob us blind!"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2015, 10:45:28 am »

"Anyway, I think we oughta see if we can, like, make a map of our own. Why don't we take a drive to this like, Sand Hill or whatever and work from there? Maybe we can find a bottle depository or something."

Gavin ponders for a moment.

Hey, you know, I remember this one time where I was a... magician? for a day--I dunno, some Italian guy asked me if I could help him make people disappear--anyway, he said that a smart dude never goes anywhere without a weapon, and he said nobody'd ever caught him--figured out his tricks, I guess--in twenty years, so I dunno about you all, but I'm gonna go see if I can get some.

Go into the garage and see if there's anything I can weaponize.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2015, 10:48:54 am »

Who said anything... About just stealing the fuel? Their bikes would be worth... Quite a bit, I'd imagine. And... I doubt that's the only thing they have. They have...a camp. That needs...more than just some bikes and fuel.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2015, 10:58:35 am »

Who said anything... About just stealing the fuel? Their bikes would be worth... Quite a bit, I'd imagine. And... I doubt that's the only thing they have. They have...a camp. That needs...more than just some bikes and fuel.

"You did. I mean, you mentioned the fuel. Unless you where planning on asking for it nicely or swimming in it or something, then you definitely suggested stealing it. Like I said, we couldn't steal their bikes. We don't have enough people for that. It isn't like we can just throw them in the back of an SUV and drive away. What else would they have that is even a little bit valuable? If we end up becoming murder hobos who have to raid biker camps for food and water, I'm going to find someone richer to buy my services."

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2015, 11:02:39 am »

Blitz facepalms.
One of our SUVs already has some bikes in it. I don't know if you noticed that.
Blitz then realises something.
Actually... What was the point of getting 3 SUVs?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2015, 11:07:20 am »

Blitz facepalms.
One of our SUVs already has some bikes in it. I don't know if you noticed that.
Blitz then realises something.
Actually... What was the point of getting 3 SUVs?

"You are still narrating yourself? I think you are a bit crazier then our driver. Anyway, assuming we remove those two bikes to make room, we could possibly get six bikes. We have no way of actually getting them into the SUV, or using them afterward, unless you plan on stealing the keys or hot-wiring them or something. Like I said, we can't just throw them into the back of the SUV and drive away!"

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2015, 11:09:42 am »

And why... Is that?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2015, 11:10:48 am »

"...Because they are too heavy to lift, and we have no way of having them move themselves. Especially not quietly."

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2015, 05:41:16 pm »

Blitz decides his criminal past might help him remember a name or two. (4) Jimbo James and Bedbug come to mind. They're relatively low-ranking criminals, but they might be able to lead you to higher ranking ones.

Blitz also tries to recall what a biker camp might have, the last time he'd been to one. (6) He remembers most details of a generic camp. They usually squatter around some sort of shack, with their bikes neatly parked outside. Most of their belongings are on their bikes. Camps hold up to ten to fifteen bikers at once, usually, paying the camp master a fee for parking and lodging. Bikers are too poor to own something like a gun, but they're usually armed to the teeth with crowbars and chains and the like.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2015, 08:06:22 pm »

-snip-
Earth to Cheesecake!
Go into the garage and see if there's anything I can weaponize.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2015, 06:03:43 am »

Gavin, a veteran of way too many jobs, tries to use his past expertise to improvise weaponry from the garage. (3) Unfortunately, there isn't much to improvise, though he does find a crowbar, which not only serves as a good backup weapon, also gives a +1 to mechanical jobs. Don't ask me how.

Duncan and Blitz have weapons as part of their cliche (Mercenary and Thief, respectively). I forgot to mention this earlier, sorry, but its in the rules (Tools of the Trade, specifically). Duncan, you can have any type of gun barring lasers and superweapons. Blitz can have any type of knife, dagger or blowgun. Choose carefully.

Losing these means you operate at half-dice in that cliche!
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2015, 09:02:18 am »

(So, by this logic, that means I have my own car? I'll take a war-torn Lambourgini, because fancy cars don't belong in the apocalypse.)

Take the keys, and get the engine running
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2015, 10:14:49 am »

Duncan and Blitz have weapons as part of their cliche (Mercenary and Thief, respectively). I forgot to mention this earlier, sorry, but its in the rules (Tools of the Trade, specifically). Duncan, you can have any type of gun barring lasers and superweapons. Blitz can have any type of knife, dagger or blowgun. Choose carefully.

(I noticed. I choose the trench gun from my description~)

(So, by this logic, that means I have my own car? I'll take a war-torn Lambourgini, because fancy cars don't belong in the apocalypse.)

Take the keys, and get the engine running

"But you already have the key-you know what? I give up. Go ahead and get the keys that are totally not in your hands at the moment. Anyone have any comments on what to do next?"

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2015, 02:58:42 pm »

"Hey, guys, I found this cool crowbar. R... reminds me..."

Gavin looks down and sniffles a bit, though whether he's reminiscing over a hypothetical job as a mechanic or a video game is unclear.

"...Yo, Pat? Can you chuck me one of the keys?"
Pages: 1 [2] 3