Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Bottlecaps and Ducktape (Risus Adventure IC)  (Read 4318 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: Bottlecaps and Ducktape (Risus Adventure IC)
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2015, 05:07:53 pm »

(So, by this logic, that means I have my own car? I'll take a war-torn Lambourgini, because fancy cars don't belong in the apocalypse.)

Take the keys, and get the engine running

Don't be greedy. You have three SUVs which fit your cliche perfectly.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2015, 06:42:09 pm »

(So, by this logic, that means I have my own car? I'll take a war-torn Lambourgini, because fancy cars don't belong in the apocalypse.)

Don't be greedy. You have three SUVs which fit your cliche perfectly.

"Yeah. Being greedy is my thing, bub. If you take that away from me, what do I have? Just italicized words and metajokes. I would be a metajoke myself!"

"Hey, guys, I found this cool crowbar. R... reminds me..."

Gavin looks down and sniffles a bit, though whether he's reminiscing over a hypothetical job as a mechanic or a video game is unclear.

"...Yo, Pat? Can you chuck me one of the keys?"

"Just take them. I don't think he even realizes he has them yet."
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2015, 06:56:29 am »

((Dammit, through the power of GM fiat I hereby plan for railroad you!))

"Hey, guys, I found this cool crowbar. R... reminds me..."

Gavin looks down and sniffles a bit, though whether he's reminiscing over a hypothetical job as a mechanic or a video game is unclear.

"...Yo, Pat? Can you chuck me one of the keys?"

(Roll: Success!) The unexplained Newton's Fifth Law of Plot-Progression yanks a key from Pat and into Gavin's mitts.

(Roll: 1) You fail to take the keys from yourself. You get one of the SUVs working though.

Suddenly the previous garage owner from before comes back, huffing and puffing and drenched in sweat. He seems to be wielding a gun and has a cauterized laser wound on his shoulder. He looks to you guys with a wild, desperate look in his eyes.

"You, huh, have them all working, right? We need your help! Bots, man! Bots! They came down to Tumbleweed Town and started shooting us all up! I didn't know what they wanted. As soon as they came the Mayor wanted me to get the cars started. I told him a bunch of mercs just bought them." He takes a breather. "C'mon! I don't know if the bots are still there or if anyone's hurt. Your cars are our only hope!"
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2015, 02:55:40 pm »

"....How exactly do cars help fight robots? Anyway, we will take the job. For no less then 3 million bottlecaps."

Duncan states from behind his mask, without bothering to consult anyone else. He is still on the SUV, now sitting down. His shotgun is now in front of him, with the sling still over his back. He is carefully using his gloved hands to fill the weapon with pink AP-20 slugs.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2015, 02:58:00 pm »

You're...a real piece of work, aintcha? 'Course...I have no right to say that, but still.
Heh. Whatever. Sure... We'll take the job for what that guy said.

Blitz returns to brooding after saying that.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2015, 02:59:34 pm »

"Ha ha! Newton's Fifth, sweet."

Go to the van this key goes to. Get it running.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2015, 05:14:30 pm »

"I ain't goin until there's a reason. What's the theory behind their attack?"
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2015, 05:29:05 pm »

"....How exactly do cars help fight robots? Anyway, we will take the job. For no less then 3 million bottlecaps."

Duncan states from behind his mask, without bothering to consult anyone else. He is still on the SUV, now sitting down. His shotgun is now in front of him, with the sling still over his back. He is carefully using his gloved hands to fill the weapon with pink AP-20 slugs.

"Well, your cars are armor plated and mobile. You guys have guns and weapons. And we ain't got no damn 3 million bottlecaps. Can we just go?"

Your weapon is locked and loaded.

"I ain't goin until there's a reason. What's the theory behind their attack?"

"Well, gee. Sorry if I was too busy shooting and getting shot at to worry about this conspiracy! Tumbleweed's your town too, ya ingrates!"

"Ha ha! Newton's Fifth, sweet."

Go to the van this key goes to. Get it running.

The van rumbles to life. The SUV with you and Duncan in it starts working. Blitz remains brooding outside. Pat the driver is also outside the van.
Dying of laughter?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2015, 05:31:04 pm »

"Well, your cars are armor plated and mobile. You guys have guns and weapons. And we ain't got no damn 3 million bottlecaps. Can we just go?"

"Didn't we just give you about three million bottlecaps? Did you drink that away already?"

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2015, 05:53:33 pm »

"Didn't we just give you about three million bottlecaps? Did you drink that away already?"

"No, you deposited it to the bank. You came here to get your shit. Said bank is being vaporized as we speak, along with all the bottlecaps within miles from here."
Dying of laughter?

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2015, 06:54:41 pm »

"No, you deposited it to the bank. You came here to get your shit. Said bank is being vaporized as we speak, along with all the bottlecaps within miles from here."

"Alright, alright. I get it. We aren't going to be able to escape this plothread anyway, so we will rob the bank and say that the robots did it. I mean, save the town. We will save the town. To your battle stations, men!"

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2015, 07:06:02 pm »

"Wait a minute, man, if the bank's vaporizing, then why do we have to pay the robot banker guy with the anti-Communist obsession the bottle caps if his bank and bottle caps are being vaporized? Heck, man, think of it, why are they being vaporized, anyway?"
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2015, 07:07:58 pm »

"Wait a minute, man, if the bank's vaporizing, then why do we have to pay the robot banker guy with the anti-Communist obsession the bottle caps if his bank and bottle caps are being vaporized? Heck, man, think of it, why are they being vaporized, anyway?"

"I have been going on the assumption this is somehow his fault and we can shoot him in the confusion with no problems, meaning we don't have to pay anyway. I just want the money."

Pages: 1 2 [3]