Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Bottlecaps and Ducktape (Risus Adventure IC)  (Read 4317 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Bottlecaps and Ducktape (Risus Adventure IC)
« on: April 11, 2015, 08:48:33 pm »

"I call her Bessie," the mechanic says, giving the modified SUV a good smack. "The wheels are all-terrain, it's reinforced, glass is bulletproof too. She comes with those two as well," he says, pointing to two other SUVs of similar kinds. "There are a couple of bikes in the one on the right, in case you need speed."

He chucks a set of keys to Mad Pat, tips his cap and walks off. The garage was thrown in the deal as well, situated on the border of Tumbleweed Town, one of the last bastions of civilization in the New World. There is no ocean anymore so everything is one large continent. Buying three SUVs, two bikes and a garage cost more than a few fortunes, so you'll have to make more than three million bottlecaps in earnings to repay Bottle Bank's owner, Bottle Bot, an advanced AI who, instead of taking over the world easily, made a seedy little bank in Tumbleweed Town.

How you repay Bottle Bot is up to you. Apocalypse it may seem, but never has it been a better time to make a living.

Party:
Spoiler: Mad Pat (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Duncan Utah (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gavin Parker (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Blitz (click to show/hide)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Bottlecaps and Ducktape (Risus Adventure IC)
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2015, 09:03:50 pm »

Gavin looks longingly at the SUVs. He'd never gotten his license--he'd been too busy playing Mario Kart the day his parents had scheduled him to take the the driver's exam on his sixteenth birthday and never looked back-- and the only time he'd ever driven was the day when the half-asleep ice cream company recruiter forgot to check if Gavin had a license the one day he was an ice-cream man.

Abruptly, he realizes something that he'd always thought was kind of vital to driving.

"Hey, any of you guys got, like, a map, man?"
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2015, 09:13:46 pm »

(How long ago was the apocalypse anyway? I kinda assumed it was a while ago.)

Duncan jumps on the top of the SUV, performing a pose as his cloths dance in the slight draft of the room.

"Map? We just spent all that money and you want to buy more things?"

The man states behind the smiley face mask, the two block-eye dots looking directly at Gavin.

"First, we must work out the most important thing. Funds. Now, I have three plans. Well, four. The first is we go hire that mechanic guy to do some mechanic stuff on the robot. Don't ask for details! Time is money and we are in the red! Second, we rob the bank then pay him back, repeating this process until we have paid off our debt. If we move in a circle we can do this in an hour. Third, we take apart the garage and load it into our machines. Then we get as much gas as possible and drive as far as we can in a a random direction. Fourth, I sell all of you into slavery, sell everything here and find a new group. So, what do you guys say?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2015, 10:15:40 pm »

Unfortunately, all of you are piss-poor broke. Maps are a very valuable commodity, and are actually more expensive than you think. You do have a general idea of your surroundings. Duncan and Blitz can roll their Survivor cliches to remember what might be useful around them.

The Apocalypse's date is really fuzzy. No one remembers, wants to remember, or cares at all. For everyone's sake, they just assume it was a really long time ago.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2015, 01:49:26 am »

Blitz had never liked the company of other people, not really. It was nothing personal, he just much preferred brooding and being 'dark' and 'mysterious' to actually interacting with people who'd ask questions, and they'd try to force him to justify what he did. A swift kick to down below, courtesy of yours truly, would usually follow. Still, he supposed he should help his group out. They'd helped him, so he'd help them. With that, Blitz tries to remember any relevant info he can come up with as far as maps go.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2015, 04:06:58 am »

The TN of remembering the surroundings is 5. (6) Blitz quickly remembers the wilderness outside Tumbleweed Town; just north of the garage is a camp for bikers with a diner and a bar. If you're going there, you should probably bring a gun or two. Beyond that are the Wastes, which stretch for miles on end. There are bandits there, obviously, and some renowned criminals. The sheriff might have some bounties for them. The Wastes have countless little camps where they stash their loot and ill-gained belongings.

Beyond the Wastes is the next town, Dune Hill, roughly a day's ride away if there aren't any distractions. News has it that they're looking for some DVDs, clothes, and of course, ducktape. What's beyond Dune Hill eludes you for now.
Dying of laughter?

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2015, 07:21:35 am »

Ptw
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2015, 07:29:45 am »

I...think that plan sounds stupid. Also...I have some information on the area around here. We...might want to check out some of the places around here.
Blitz says this all in a deep gravelly voice, never once looking up from his brooding.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2015, 10:10:18 am »

"Like, what kind of information? You know where the next town or something is?"
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2015, 10:12:52 am »

I...think that plan sounds stupid. Also...I have some information on the area around here. We...might want to check out some of the places around here.
Blitz says this all in a deep gravelly voice, never once looking up from his brooding.

"This all? Is 'this all' all you have to say? I don't even know what that is supposed to mean! Are you saying we should do all four plans? They are really supposed to be done seperatly. Doing them all at once defeats each of their purposes."

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2015, 10:16:41 am »

"Hey, man, I get your meta-joke, but shouldn't we be formulating, like, an actual plan?"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2015, 10:24:46 am »

"Hey, man, I get your meta-joke, but shouldn't we be formulating, like, an actual plan?"

"....I did formulate an actual plan! Four actual plans! We aren't going to make that kind of money anywhere around here. Our best chance is to just erase the debt somehow. Besides, as meta-mask-man, making meta-mischief is my thing! My stick! I don't see you coming up with a plan. The guy with a sweatshirt in what is pretty much a desert may have a plan, but it is kind of hard to tell. I can't tell what goes on in his head and what he says out-loud without color or at least quotation marks!"

Jeez. Confusing other people's inner monologue with their outer monologue could get confusing in the future. At least I seem to be the only one with an inner monologue. As long as Blitz doesn't develop his own, I think we should be fine.....

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2015, 10:27:23 am »

I'm saying... We shouldn't do any of your plans.
Blitz looks at the blond guy... Gavin, was it?
And when I say the area... I mean in general, although next town over... Also applies. Dune Hill... You might've heard of it. There's  a camp north of the garage... It's used by bikers. They're... Dangerous. Past that are... The Wastes. They're full of bandits... And some criminals that are fairly famous. Dune Hill's just past... The Wastes.
Meanwhile, Blitz tries to remember the names of any of these 'renowned' criminals, as well as any information he may have on the bikers.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2015, 10:30:34 am »

I'm saying... We shouldn't do any of your plans.
Blitz looks at the blond guy... Gavin, was it?
And when I say the area... I mean in general, although next town over... Also applies. Dune Hill... You might've heard of it. There's  a camp north of the garage... It's used by bikers. They're... Dangerous. Past that are... The Wastes. They're full of bandits... And some criminals that are fairly famous. Dune Hill's just past... The Wastes.
Meanwhile, Blitz tries to remember the names of any of these 'renowned' criminals, as well as any information he may have on the bikers.

"Is...he remaining completely silent? Is he narrating his actions? His actions are in the same style as his speaking! Choosing the color black helped nothing! Anyway, bikers don't have a lot of money. We might get something if we took their bikes, but how are we supposed to move them?"

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2015, 10:34:04 am »

I'd imagine... They have fuel. They wouldn't... Be bikers if they couldn't ride their bikes, would they? And... This is how I speak. Deal... With it.
Pages: [1] 2 3