Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: The Sims 3  (Read 9659 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Sims 3 questions
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2015, 08:24:40 pm »

Nah, its only creepy when you make multiple clones, lock them up in basement rooms and introduce environmental factors to produce the best result.

Please dont do that, thats a bit too creepy...
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2015, 08:27:46 pm »

No fear leafyman! I only have the one sample :(
Although I DO have a sample from othergirl.... could build an arena for them to fight it out in, winner becomes my loveslave?
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2015, 09:45:42 pm »

So...this is interesting. My sim, Terrence Conroy obtained immortality after fulfilling his lifetime dream of being a top-notch Ghostbuster (presumably his knowledge of the occult helped him make the age freeze potion) and I have since had him mastering EVERY skill. Like, all of them. I have almost all of them now I believe. Sculpting was a bitch. Anyway, basically going full on Morul on him.

And just now the first (and currently only) girl he woohoo'd just died. During a fight with Terrence. A physical one. Did I mention she was a decrepit old lady when this happened? Who had just stayed the night (got no woohoo) and we basically went from lovers to nemesis within an hour.

Probably cuz I told her I cheated on her (though no woohoo with othergirl)
I did this because she wasn't coming to our dates etc. and the othergirl looked like a young version of her (BFEL is playing up the potential for creepiness on the immortality thing WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY up)

Did I mention I took her DNA before she died? :P
Gonna clone her and initiate some Wife Husbandry (once again, CREEPINESS)

Truly a natural sims player.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

morlicar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2015, 09:29:01 am »

No fear leafyman! I only have the one sample :(
Although I DO have a sample from othergirl.... could build an arena for them to fight it out in, winner becomes my loveslave?

Please dont do that, thats a bit too creepy...
That's not a problem.  Clone her, scan the clone a few times and clone them.  Voila, multiple clones of your former GF. :)  Creepy enough?

edit: quoted the wrong post, corrected...

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2015, 12:56:28 pm »

oh, think all the expansions and stuff packs are bad? you don't even know about the store. it has at least as much content as all the expansion and stuff packs combined and then some.

that said, I long for the day they bundle all the store stuff together in one master pack, I will snatch it up with the quickness! I have all the the discs (sans poor Katie Perry's Sweet Teets) a few of the worlds and most of the store stuff is all that I am missing. Some of it is is really cool like the one that lets you turn you house into a farm or all the voodoo/ magic stuff and the one that let's you turn your house into a shop (Open for Business anyone?).

As for the OP is seems you have got yourself equipped with some nraas so, I know your original situation is sorted. The sims will never be the same with out him, EA made the sims but, he made the sims work. yeah, don't get me started on the sims, I WILL BURN THIS HOUSE DOWN. I need to convince myself that it is worth spending an entire day of frustration; re-installing the 53 discs required to play it again. so many cd keys to enter :<

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2015, 01:18:03 pm »

Katie Perry's Sweet Teets
I'm honestly not sure if this is intentional or the best misspelling possible.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 12, 2015, 01:27:59 pm »

The shopone is (as far as I can tell) broke, the farm one is rather good, the Venice one is disappointing.
Highly Opinionated Fool

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 12, 2015, 02:22:15 pm »

I'm really surprised it's not a universal colloquialism. It's so... obvious...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I loved Monte Vista, honestly, it is ripe for expansion. People are always complaining that there are no places to put down new lots in worlds and I thought Monte Vista was lovely answer to this common grievance.

Also; pizza oven. Nuff said.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2015, 04:26:03 pm »

Terrence is now a master painter. I'm pretty sure once I finish up Guitar he will have everything mastered.
Interestingly, I took a DF necromancer approach to painting. My new works are all just stylized still life's of one of my older works.
Probably gonna take a similar approach to writing when I actually start writing books (currently mastered through practice alone)

Although my first books will be after the whole Clone!WifeHusbandry thing. They shall be non-fiction and titled things like
"The Complete Guide to Wife Husbandry, Vol. 1: Teach her to Walk so she will learn to Shake It later."

Indeed, I do this.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 12, 2015, 08:04:48 pm »

Here I am, playing Sims 3 and all the while you guys make a thread without my knowing ('til now).

So far, Twallan's/Nraas Industries mods make the game playable, and cloning collectibles is very very broken. Does make for some good plot-enhancing devices though.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 12, 2015, 08:22:41 pm »

and cloning collectibles is very very broken.
Oh so VERY VERY MUCH.

My sim is immune to aging from the reward potion and now he carries around about 5 Death Flowers, just in case a meteor attacks him or something. I'm pretty much an immortal supergod at this point (Who is DEEPLY annoyed at freaking sleeping. GAH errything else has a "make you do this less" reward but not the FUCKING IRRITATING ONE. Though the constant Lavender-infused meals helps. Slightly)

Also I started an in game news blog about "Evidence of the Paranormal" and holy fucking balls is it fun to just shitpost all the random bullshit conspiracy theories I can come up with. Listed below are some common themes.

Currently, according to my blog, The Fairy's are in a sharp decline in numbers due to "Regurgitated News" which is flooding their homes and taking their lives. Riots have broken out because of "PlantSim Social Activism" and Rare Metals can help protect you from the COMMUNIST ROBOT GHOSTS who haunt the neighborhood.

Oh, and the fortunetellers predicted ALL of this.

Indeed, I do this.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 12, 2015, 10:49:09 pm »

The blog can be a little fun, though it took me a while to realize you're supposed to spam posts until "blogged out" if you want to have many followers at all.  My sim's blog is mostly about how plants are superior to people in every way, along with life updates.

She came really close to not growing a life fruit in time to avoid being elderly.  Now she can trivially live forever, and I'm tempted to set the age-up time to minimum and laugh as the neighborhood dies off.  Possibly keeping a male or two around to repopulate the neighborhood afterwards, though that honestly sounds more tedious than anything.  Giving the game a break for now since it's essentially won.

I actually suck at designing houses in any sort of aesthetic way...  I should give that a shot when I get back.  I tend to play it like an (incredibly easy) RPG.  Well, it's easy when there's only one sim.  I wish the AI made better choices.  Seems like every single time I let the Sim decide what to do, she runs off to play with the sprinkler.  Even if her fun meter is full.  Even if she's relaxing on the couch with lover.  And her meal choices, despite having max culinary skill...

Might be fun to make a beef patty topiary maze in the backyard to trap visitors in.  Like a reverse soylent green mixed with little shop of horrors... or something.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 12, 2015, 11:32:30 pm »

Theres a reward that speeds up sleep regen...
Highly Opinionated Fool

blazing glory

« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2015, 12:15:14 am »

I remember when I was creating a romantic atmosphere, some random person in the house walked up and tried to start a water balloon fight.

I really wish they wouldn't try to start water fights.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2015, 12:26:03 am »

Theres a reward that speeds up sleep regen...

Well, if you have access to a dream pod, you can go dream about waking up, get it to good level, then cancel the interaction to regain all the lost energies. Damn bed's broken as hell.

Alternatively, if you have the group science project, you can get knocked out for two hours for max motives when you wake.

A lot of the future devices are broken, and surprisingly cheap. Technically, all you need is that 2in1 shower, that dream pod, and the floaty future computer for maximum flexibility.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6