Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: The Sims 3  (Read 9654 times)

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
Re: Sims 3 questions
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2015, 08:07:18 pm »

So Seasons is actually good? To me it didn't seem all that important honestly.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

blazing glory

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2015, 08:38:28 pm »

Probably not as much as some of the others now that I think of it, though I'd recommend it over something like Island Paradise, even if Island worked.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2015, 01:00:49 am »

You know, if you get the sims 3 on disks (yes, disks, how old fashioned of me) and run it off the disks, than Origins just sits on your computer, installed but doing nothing. Which is far, far less than what you have to do for anything on steam... [/rant]

Also, I personally think that Seasons is one of the better things, after ambitions. Island paradise is (in my view) only good for the houseboats, Future is kinda annoying (II mostly just use it as a way to earn extra cash at the beginning, by selling the portal as it shows up. Latenight is another really good pack, in my view, because atleast its silly supernatural thing dosent showup even when you turn off all the toggles.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

blazing glory

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2015, 08:19:56 am »

There seems to be some conflicting opinions on the matter so I'll ask.

Have you, in your games, seen NPC sims get married and have kids and such on their own?

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2015, 09:34:28 am »

I've never seen it, but according to some research they do.

They age, marry, and reproduce like your characters do.  They won't propose to your characters, though, you need to initiate that.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2015, 11:40:27 am »

Probably not as much as some of the others now that I think of it, though I'd recommend it over something like Island Paradise, even if Island worked.
It's not a majorly impactful add-on, but it's one of those that doesn't feel like a bloated stuff pack. But it does add a thing that improves how the game feels (and looks - winter/rain is a purrty thing for me) and the corresponding activities. Flavorful but not essential, I'd say.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2015, 11:43:20 am »

Have you, in your games, seen NPC sims get married and have kids and such on their own?
Yes, but I think its a toggle that by default is off.
Highly Opinionated Fool

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2015, 05:30:07 pm »

Wow I forgot how ungodly long it took to get in the game. Seriously I think its almost half an hour from hitting the desktop icon to actually playing. Fuck.

Indeed, I do this.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2015, 05:30:44 pm »

Lotsa custom content?
Highly Opinionated Fool

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2015, 06:18:30 pm »

Lotsa custom content?
None whatsoever.

Indeed, I do this.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2015, 06:34:30 pm »

Huh. Guess its just your comp then.
Highly Opinionated Fool

morlicar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2015, 06:57:22 pm »

I have all the expansions (last black-Friday sale had most of the expansions going for a reasonable price -- something like $5 each, so I picked up the ones that I didn't have).  I concur with the recommendations that others have made interesting s to the most interesting expansions, though I'd add World Adventures after those--I thought the change in gameplay focus during an adventure was interesting and occasionally have one or two of my current sims take a trip.

For the OP: I don't know if the Almanac is there before you talk to Emit Relevart because I didn't look until after I'd done so.  If it is not, then the only way to avoid it would be to avoid him--and that would mean not doing the actual time travel, since I think you have to do his opportunities to open that up.  That said, I haven't had any issues with the Almanac.  I just get a message about my descendents whenever I purchase a lifetime wish, or change romantic status.  These messages haven't been too common for me.  However, I don't know if the issue/bug you are having is fixed (I'm at the lastest patch level) or whether I simply haven't triggered it.

One last note: I've seen a lot of people hate the Supernatural expansion because they could not turn off zombies.  You can get rid of them by turning off the moon cycle--set it to quarter moon permanently and the full moon zombies will never occur.  I've never seen an NPC use the zombification curses or elixers so that may completely eliminate all zombies unless you make one.  I actually like Supernatural, but I liked the Adams Family and the Munsters as a kid. :)

blazing glory

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2015, 07:50:12 pm »

However, I don't know if the issue/bug you are having is fixed (I'm at the lastest patch level) or whether I simply haven't triggered it.
I'm not sure what triggers it exactly, I think it might have to do with Plumbot+Sim marriages.

morlicar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2015, 08:13:03 pm »

However, I don't know if the issue/bug you are having is fixed (I'm at the lastest patch level) or whether I simply haven't triggered it.
I'm not sure what triggers it exactly, I think it might have to do with Plumbot+Sim marriages.
A couple of those happened with NPCs when I was in the future; was the Plumbot+Sim marriage player controlled? 

I run with NRAAS overwatch and NRAAS errortrap.  Those mods fix and work around some bugs, so that also might be why I haven't seen the issue.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2015, 08:17:19 pm »

So...this is interesting. My sim, Terrence Conroy obtained immortality after fulfilling his lifetime dream of being a top-notch Ghostbuster (presumably his knowledge of the occult helped him make the age freeze potion) and I have since had him mastering EVERY skill. Like, all of them. I have almost all of them now I believe. Sculpting was a bitch. Anyway, basically going full on Morul on him.

And just now the first (and currently only) girl he woohoo'd just died. During a fight with Terrence. A physical one. Did I mention she was a decrepit old lady when this happened? Who had just stayed the night (got no woohoo) and we basically went from lovers to nemesis within an hour.

Probably cuz I told her I cheated on her (though no woohoo with othergirl)
I did this because she wasn't coming to our dates etc. and the othergirl looked like a young version of her (BFEL is playing up the potential for creepiness on the immortality thing WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY up)

Did I mention I took her DNA before she died? :P
Gonna clone her and initiate some Wife Husbandry (once again, CREEPINESS)

Indeed, I do this.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6