Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Create a Fantasy Map 2: Fantastic Boogaloo  (Read 6928 times)

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Create a Fantasy Map 2: Fantastic Boogaloo
« on: April 07, 2015, 10:23:32 pm »

Original Thread, check it out.

The original game was run by ShadowHammer and has since been concluded with the creation of an awesome map you can see in the original thread. I really liked the concept and thought I'd try running a second round of it (since really, we can never have too many settings or ideas to tear apart and rearrange for use in other games/campaigns/what have you).

Setting Rules:
- The setting is high fantasy.
- Be sure to add backstory to the locations.
- No scythers.

Current Map

The area is ravaged by arcane storms, most often bearing with them volumes of water suited to monsoons, though is can be rain, snow, hail, or even steam which takes it upon itself to fly down at the earth and scorch those beneath it.
The Fallen City of Círannon. Civilizations may endure above the stormclouds, but sometimes they fall. Círannon fell to dark and powerful magic. Living shadows dragged it down beneath the clouds and crashed it against the surface of the earth. Now its ruins, still wild with rampant magic, lay scattered on the plain of Aul. Bold adventurers and scavengers may pick it apart for items of magic or lost treasures, but must beware the shadows that are said to still dwell within its broken walls...
The Crystal Rill, a great river which runs to the east, and has crystals growing in it's depths. It is said divers from Círannon had once scavenged it's bed for the magical crystals, but the art of harvesting them has been long lost. On days when the water is clear, and it has been long since a storm, the glittering shapes may be seen, taunting the observer.
A Tribe of Webclaws, feeding on the remains of dead and or dying, this race of crablike people have thrived in the wasteland left from the destructive path of of the arcane storms. The only thing stopping this race from controlling the entire surface world is there tendency to resort to cannibalization when they deplete a food source, rather than look for another food source.

Our brave cartographer begins his journey in the northwestern corner of the map. However, before he begins travelling he must mark the name of this land on his parchment.

Also, what is the climate of this new land?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 05:59:50 pm by Araph »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Create a Fantasy Map 2: Fantastic Boogaloo
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2015, 10:26:51 pm »

Andresia
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2015, 10:30:33 pm »

I love the rules. :)

Don't care about the name, except how bout not a username...

For climate: The area is ravaged by arcane storms, most often bearing with them volumes of water suited to monsoons, though is can be rain, snow, hail, or even steam which takes it upon itself to fly down at the earth and scorch those beneath it.
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2015, 10:34:12 pm »

I love the rules. :)

Don't care about the name, except how bout not a username...

For climate: The area is ravaged by arcane storms, most often bearing with them volumes of water suited to monsoons, though is can be rain, snow, hail, or even steam which takes it upon itself to fly down at the earth and scorch those beneath it.
+1

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 10:43:23 pm »

Hold on, if we have magical storms everywhere then what will be around to be explored but wasteland?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 10:50:14 pm »

Hold on, if we have magical storms everywhere then what will be around to be explored but wasteland?
Obviously only those societies/features which have weathered magical storms. It will be a badass map indeed.
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 11:22:31 pm »

How about:

Catalonia
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 11:24:02 pm »

There should be an archive for these things.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 11:28:10 pm »

How about:

Catalonia
That's a real-world place name.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2015, 11:33:57 pm »

How about:

Catalonia
And I've been using it as my backup nation name....

Ok, lets try Lirona.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2015, 11:40:56 pm »

How about:

Catalonia

Ok, lets try Lirona.
+1

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2015, 11:45:53 pm »

How about:

Catalonia

Ok, lets try Lirona.
+1
+1
And for my name, Dharmagam
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 01:31:15 pm by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2015, 11:55:18 pm »

This phenomenon is very recent, tracing back a few hundred years. Civilizations had to adapt by using magic to create floating cities above the storm clouds. The only time they leave their flying sanctuary to visit the scorched ground is to adventure and obtain rare materials and items.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Araph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2015, 11:26:39 am »

Ok, lets try Lirona.
+1

This phenomenon is very recent, tracing back a few hundred years. Civilizations had to adapt by using magic to create floating cities above the storm clouds. The only time they leave their flying sanctuary to visit the scorched ground is to adventure and obtain rare materials and items.

Our hero begins his journey to map the realm of Lirona in the northwest corner of the map. What does he find there?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2015, 11:33:41 am »

The Fallen City of Círannon. Civilizations may endure above the stormclouds, but sometimes they fall. Círannon fell to dark and powerful magic. Living shadows dragged it down beneath the clouds and crashed it against the surface of the earth. Now its ruins, still wild with rampant magic, lay scattered on the plain of Aul. Bold adventurers and scavengers may pick it apart for items of magic or lost treasures, but must beware the shadows that are said to still dwell within its broken walls...
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4