Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34

Author Topic: ARM Archives: Wiki related stuff and other record keeping.  (Read 47385 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: ARM Archives: Wiki related stuff and other record keeping.
« Reply #135 on: July 01, 2015, 02:47:24 pm »

Nice statistics. 8) That's a lot of edits.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #136 on: July 01, 2015, 02:51:13 pm »

Note that my contributions mostly involved repetitive work done on the character pages to make them work with the cheat sheet templates and only a small fraction of those was actually me adding useful things, so I don't think I should receive the same payment as sword, aoshima or nav who try their best to keep those inventories and statuses up to date for all players.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 01, 2015, 02:52:59 pm »

Note that my contributions mostly involved repetitive work done on the character pages to make them work with the cheat sheet templates and only a small fraction of those was actually me adding useful things, so I don't think I should receive the same payment as sword, aoshima or nav who try their best to keep those inventories and statuses up to date for all players.

Don't you dare to say those templates are not useful.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 01, 2015, 02:58:07 pm »

Even ignoring the work on templates (which I agree with Aoshima that we shouldn't), you made more than 100 edits. 159, specifically, if you discount every single edit in the "characters" category, which I dumped all that template stuff into, and which probably had enough non-template edits to bump it up to 200.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #139 on: July 01, 2015, 03:05:39 pm »

Huh. Cool. Thanks. Looks like I did more work then I realized...

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 01, 2015, 04:31:42 pm »

Spoilers are not needed in my opinion. Basically write what happened. A summary. If you mean for Mission Synopsis page, then maybe try to cram it into one or two short paragraphs. On actual mission page it can be more detailed, but not excessively so.
Hmm... looking at the summaries as well, they seem pretty detailed already.  I blame Radio Controlled.  Wrangling me into this wiki stuff (Which I wouldn't mind doing as I read through the entire archive, don't think I don't enjoy this).

So what else might be useful?  Maybe categorizing those random tidbits that PW gives us time to time?  Like... a list of Xenos encountered/mentioned and any info on them.  Or even stuff like when Jim was looking into animal-like Synthflesh bodies, just making pages for that and listing it out.  What do you think?  I would have to go back to repopulate it based on the stuff from before where I currently am in reading, but I could start cataloguing going forward.

List of epic fail [1] rolls?  List of all injuries sustained?  Suggestions are appreciated.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #141 on: July 01, 2015, 04:42:19 pm »

There's finding things for the page of mysteries or the artifact data page. Those always need new data.
Or listening at the ER talks and looking for something useful.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 01, 2015, 04:54:12 pm »

You might want to check that the page you're thinking of adding doesn't already exist; we've got a list of aliens here, though that page is perhaps not the best place for them... :P

Since you're reading through the entire game already, could you keep an eye out for any information that isn't already on pages like the Artifact data, Nyars boxes, Auxiliary tools, and NPC pages?

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 01, 2015, 06:05:00 pm »

You might want to check that the page you're thinking of adding doesn't already exist; we've got a list of aliens here, though that page is perhaps not the best place for them... :P

Since you're reading through the entire game already, could you keep an eye out for any information that isn't already on pages like the Artifact data, Nyars boxes, Auxiliary tools, and NPC pages?
Of course I would check first.  That page does have some of what I was thinking of.  Just little things that show up either in missions, or VR sims, etc.  I just got to Nyars, so I get all the joy of those things. :P

I'll see what I can do, but I'll run it by here before I make any crazy edits.  Otherwise I'll just keep a log of stuff locally.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 01, 2015, 06:23:52 pm »

I blame Radio Controlled.

It's what all the cool kids do.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 01, 2015, 07:34:55 pm »

I am also watching this thread.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #146 on: July 02, 2015, 02:23:57 pm »

Are we tracking stim usage for individual missions only or for the entire time a character has been alive after the system changed?
Asking because of this:
http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Miyamoto_de_Bergerac?diff=10068

I am also watching this thread.
You are inside the ARM Archives. The ARM logo glows gently above the front desk, and doors open onto a number of brightly-lit laboratories and computer rooms.

Somebody has spraypainted Egan_BW iz watchin onto a wall.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 02, 2015, 02:25:29 pm »

I thought stim usage was tracked because of potential addiction chance and temporary malus after the bonus and such, and thus is reset after the mission? If not, feel free to change that back.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 02, 2015, 02:29:41 pm »

I thought stim usage was tracked because of potential addiction chance and temporary malus after the bonus and such, and thus is reset after the mission? If not, feel free to change that back.
I think it much like amp counter; every use is more opportunity for bad things. I'll restore it if Paris haven't done so yet.
Old sigs.
Games.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 02, 2015, 02:30:36 pm »

Don't just roll back the edit, there was other stuff in there as well. I'll ask pw, so we'll know for sure.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34