Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 34

Author Topic: ARM Archives: Wiki related stuff and other record keeping.  (Read 47390 times)

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ARM Archives: Wiki related stuff and other record keeping.
« Reply #120 on: June 19, 2015, 10:55:29 pm »

Well, I've updated the New Character page with the tags. There seemed(?) to be an extra SnS tag in yours, between stats and skills? I removed it just to remove some of the 'templates' from the visual editor and don't seem to be encountering any problems. Does that allow us to build 'fragmented' sections?

Template code here, we can make sure I didn't do something derpy --> http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/New_Character?action=edit

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 19, 2015, 11:11:59 pm »

Just give a yell when it's time to delete all the things. And, uh, make very sure it's all good to be deleted, all copied and such.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #122 on: June 20, 2015, 07:05:39 am »

Yeah, I just did that because I was testing if I could have two (or more) sections with the same name in the same page as advertised so that if someone for example wanted their stats to be at the top of the page and skills at the bottom for some reason, then it would still work.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 24, 2015, 07:35:54 am »

Just a though, since I'm in work right now and therefore can't do it myself: Armory Item template should include link back to Armory page, preferrably to the same section the item originates from (Con weapons link to Con section, Exo weapons to Exo section ect.). More than once I have found myself wanting that little helpful link.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #124 on: June 24, 2015, 08:24:50 am »

Just a though, since I'm in work right now and therefore can't do it myself: Armory Item template should include link back to Armory page, preferrably to the same section the item originates from (Con weapons link to Con section, Exo weapons to Exo section ect.). More than once I have found myself wanting that little helpful link.
Sure. I can do that. Think it would be better to change it so that it links to the individual item using their anchors or just the category? Or I can do both by making the category in the infobox link to the appropriate section.

EDIT: Done. Did a double anchor in the AL template containing both the item name and the page it links to to ensure armory items that have one name but link to a page with another name can be returned to safely. Clicking the category name in the infobox now returns you to the category. Suggestions welcome.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 09:00:45 am by Parisbre56 »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 24, 2015, 10:21:52 am »

That works nicely. Thanks.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #126 on: June 29, 2015, 10:08:54 pm »

Reposting
I switched over the character pages to the new system.

For those of you who don't know what that means, then don't worry about it. Short version  is that attributes and inventory are back in the same page now, instead of being in separate pages. Just check your pages and if I screwed something up, tell me so that I can fix it.

For those of you who do know what that means, your character pages should now have three sections that will be copied via the CS template to any CS pages: "sns", "status" and "inv"
Remember to keep the information in CS sections as small and easily readable as possible, with the most important info near the top, since they are supposed to be there mostly to help piecewise and thus should be easy to read through and find important info in.
Also remember that there can be multiple sections within the same page, meaning you can do something like this:
==Things in my hands==
<section begin=inv />

<section end=inv />
==Things in my pants==
<section begin=inv />

<section end=inv />

I've marked the old attr and inv pages for deletion for whenever Radio has some free time. Or he could just give Aoshima or some other frequent contributor administrator permissions so that he can help.

I also marked anyone I thought was inactive as inactive. I was a bit aggressive, so if I accidentally marked someone as inactive while they weren't, say so and I (or someone else) will correct it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #127 on: July 01, 2015, 10:01:51 am »

Payment time. Who did I put in charge of keeping track of everyone's work again?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 01, 2015, 10:22:04 am »

Payment time. Who did I put in charge of keeping track of everyone's work again?

Nobody? What do you need to know?
Old sigs.
Games.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #129 on: July 01, 2015, 10:31:44 am »

If you want people that helped with keeping track of inventory and injuries stuff, from what I've seen, major contributors were Aoshima, swordsmith and NAV.
Syvarris mostly does bookkeeping in the Hephaestus page. And I think he and NAV put a lot of info about artefacts retrieved during missions in the wiki? EDIT EDIT: Or was that Nik and Nav?
And I just play around with templates, marking inactives, creating cheat sheets and editing everyone's pages to support cheat sheets.

Since nobody kept track of everyone, maybe nobody everyone can say what they did?

EDIT: Oh, and Kri does some of the new characters and maintains the character index, I think. Forgot about him.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 11:20:16 am by Parisbre56 »

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 01, 2015, 10:56:15 am »

I promised to do it, actually. I forgot to keep up back in April, though. Currently going through the wiki edit history, it'll take me a couple hours.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 01, 2015, 01:08:48 pm »

Since all people are back on the ship I'll go around and robotify them where necessary.
Old sigs.
Games.

Slayer1557

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 01, 2015, 01:28:32 pm »

Question.  For the mission summaries.  What did you want for them?  How in detail would you like?  There's already some info there, but it varies in the level of detail.  Spoilers?  Less spoilers?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 01, 2015, 01:33:23 pm »

Spoilers are not needed in my opinion. Basically write what happened. A summary. If you mean for Mission Synopsis page, then maybe try to cram it into one or two short paragraphs. On actual mission page it can be more detailed, but not excessively so.
Old sigs.
Games.

swordsmith04

• Bay Watcher
  • Communist Gnome
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 01, 2015, 02:42:25 pm »

Me. Here's the data.

Between April 8th and June 30th, 1537 edits were made to the wiki:

Parisbre56 made more than 462 edits to the wiki, including a whole lot of fucking around with templates. :P Most of his edits were to character pages (54%). Per Paris' wish, I'll note that, ignoring the work on templates, the number of edits he made is closer to 200.
AoshimaMichio made 320 edits to the wiki. Most of his edits were on character pages (42%).
NAV made 214 edits to the wiki. Most of his edits were on character pages (48%).
Swordsmith04 made 202 edits to the wiki (which seems like a lot more than it feels like, but numbers do not lie!). Most of my edits were on inventories (53%).
Kriellya made 177 edits to the wiki. Most of Kri's edits were to character pages (70%).

Comrade P made 39 edits to the wiki. Caellath made 29 edits to the wiki. Radio Controlled made 23 edits to the wiki. Syvarris made 11 edits to the wiki, mostly for Heph. Nunzillor made 10 edits to the wiki.

The following users made less than 10 edits to the wiki:
Illgeo, DoctorMcTaalik, Nikitian, Dutrius, Harry Baldman, Gentlefish/Pufferfish, Toaster, Lenglon, NJW2000, Renegadelobster, Cinder/Objective, SeanMirrsen, spazyak, and Egan_BW.

Italicized names indicate users who contributed without an account but signed their names to their edits.
EDIT: Egan's name should've been italicized as well, fixed.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 04:18:10 pm by swordsmith04 »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 34