Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 34

Author Topic: ARM Archives: Wiki related stuff and other record keeping.  (Read 47408 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: ARM Archives: Wiki related stuff and other record keeping.
« Reply #165 on: July 05, 2015, 12:20:54 am »

I meant actual wiki template, but page template, such as New Character page, would be nice as well. We need more of those as well. From top of my head one for mission page, maybe another for cheat sheep page.

The Nyartifact template needs autocategorization, item name, code, and later when we have ideas what codes mean it could include autoparser to translate and suggest what the code means. Price maybe?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 05, 2015, 11:17:25 am »

There's some dead player's stuff in the team fund, shouldn't that go to the player market?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 11:59:15 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 05, 2015, 03:53:05 pm »

There's some dead player's stuff in the team fund, shouldn't that go to the player market?

I'm waiting to see if we'll need any of it to equip people for this mission cycle.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 06, 2015, 03:38:18 am »

Aaaand that's why I don't try to do wiki stuff, because now my internet is exploding or something.

Any way to edit the title of an article?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 06, 2015, 03:58:16 am »

Aaaand that's why I don't try to do wiki stuff, because now my internet is exploding or something.

Any way to edit the title of an article?

Yes, it involves redirects and is kind of annoying and complicated. What would you like to change the title of?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 06, 2015, 04:00:45 am »

Ah, I see, since it probably needs to involve all the links to that one particular page. I was gonna edit Xan's character page title to '"Vanessa Anagrid" (Xan)' to reflect on his new persona and to make sure it isn't as easily forgotten as the Dan Smith thing was, but if you don't wanna do it it's no trouble.
Sig! Onol

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 06, 2015, 04:15:26 am »

Ah, I see, since it probably needs to involve all the links to that one particular page. I was gonna edit Xan's character page title to '"Vanessa Anagrid" (Xan)' to reflect on his new persona and to make sure it isn't as easily forgotten as the Dan Smith thing was, but if you don't wanna do it it's no trouble.

How did I know that's what you were up to :P The 'easiest' way to accomplish what you want is probably to change a few links to use the different name. In particular, since this is the main link to the character pages, change the Character Index link to display as 'Vanessa Anagrid' instead of Xan, and make sure that new missions use the new name. We can also add-in a redirect from Vanessa Anagrid to Xan's page, or rename Xan's page (Which does the reverse)

Both need to be done to 'change' how the name looks on the wiki fully, but the important one for your purposes is probably the displayed Names on the links.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 06, 2015, 04:22:13 am »

Ah, then just changing the names of what the link says rather than altering the actual character page would probably work best. It'd add a sense of fun horror for any new person investigating their medical teammate.
'Hmm, ah there's Vanessa. I wonder what her stats are OH MY GOD'

I could get to it eventually, probably tomorrow if I remember to.
Sig! Onol

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #173 on: July 06, 2015, 07:39:44 am »

Redirecting is not that complicated. You just create a new page and use the redirect template in it. I can do that, if you want.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #174 on: July 06, 2015, 09:21:44 am »

Or we could imagine this as the creation of a new character, similar to how Elizas became May and create a new page for Xan's "new" character, linking back to the old one. I think that might be best.

EDIT: If there are no disagreements, I'll create a new page with this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and edit Xan's page to this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 09:47:27 am by Parisbre56 »

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #175 on: July 06, 2015, 01:16:39 pm »

I meant actual wiki template, but page template, such as New Character page, would be nice as well. We need more of those as well. From top of my head one for mission page, maybe another for cheat sheep page.

The Nyartifact template needs autocategorization, item name, code, and later when we have ideas what codes mean it could include autoparser to translate and suggest what the code means. Price maybe?
I created a this:
http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/New_Nyars_Artifact:_Nuclear_Dong
using this:
http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Template:NewNyarsObject
which uses this:
http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Module:Nyars

If I did anything wrong or if you have any idea of how to make it better, feel free to either tell me so I can fix it or to do it yourselves.

Kriellya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 06, 2015, 01:56:08 pm »

Redirecting is not that complicated. You just create a new page and use the redirect template in it. I can do that, if you want.

It's not that the act is complicated, so much as it *makes* things complicated, if you don't remember that you've done them. The two page solution is shiny, though.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 06, 2015, 02:02:01 pm »

I created a this:
http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/New_Nyars_Artifact:_Nuclear_Dong
using this:
http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Template:NewNyarsObject
which uses this:
http://einsteinianroulette.wikia.com/wiki/Module:Nyars

If I did anything wrong or if you have any idea of how to make it better, feel free to either tell me so I can fix it or to do it yourselves.

Personally I think nyartifact page names should use official name of the artifact, in this case DECEITFUL IVORY. Because while nick names seems to stick (see deathcube), they might change. But on the other hand Nuclear Dong is very descriptive...
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 06, 2015, 02:36:20 pm »

...you da real MVP, Paris.
Sig! Onol

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #179 on: July 06, 2015, 03:09:24 pm »

No objections or better ideas were voiced, so I went ahead with the Xan change.
If anyone has any objections or a better idea, then we can change it back later.
I might Labelled Section Transclude some parts of the new character to the old page, so that we don't have to update both.

Personally I think nyartifact page names should use official name of the artifact, in this case DECEITFUL IVORY. Because while nick names seems to stick (see deathcube), they might change. But on the other hand Nuclear Dong is very descriptive...
Yeah, I was thinking that having an unnoficial name for objects would be best, since it would make finding them easier. You might not remember the name "DECEITFUL IVORY", but you might remember the name "Nuclear Dong". Same as NPC redirects to Non_Player_Character, to make finding it easier. A redirect can link the Nuclear Dong to its official name.

And like I say in the template, for objects that don't have a name, we can use the official name. If they ever get a name, then renaming the page is done with a single click (and maybe a few extra clicks to resolve double redirects).
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 34