Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14

Author Topic: Goku vs Superman  (Read 20147 times)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Goku vs Superman
« Reply #135 on: April 08, 2015, 02:37:58 pm »

Oh yeah, Krillin could've killed quite a few major villains with that technique, but never did because... reasons. So instead of bisecting Frieza while he's transforming, they just stand there and let him.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: April 08, 2015, 02:53:24 pm »

While Krillin's Destructo Disk doesn't count on well... When is he EVER going to use it on Goku? seriously. (by the by, I once played a realistic game of DBZ... everyone got destructo disks)

Freiza did use one... so that is one.

I got forgot because she was so totally inept with it.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: April 08, 2015, 03:05:01 pm »

I doubt it. Frieza uses one against KID goku in DBGT, and goku just rides on it like a toy.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: April 08, 2015, 03:12:51 pm »

Unfortunately we can't use GT in this. *sigh*

We are Manga canon, not Anime Canon.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 08, 2015, 03:48:35 pm »

And again, people, using different sources to try and prove whatever won't get us anywhere constructive. You need to compare definite versions

I tried to get people to post sources, but I don't many people doing that.

It's pointless arguing about comic books superman,because comic books superman does stuff like bench press the weight of planet earth nonstop for five days while complaining that it's not enough and create life, and oh...let's not forget the the time that he broke the fourth wall to hang out with the comicbook writer "the source" and learned how to do anything he wants.

But his portrayal in every other media, movies, television, cartoons...is not consistent with that.

If people want to discuss comic books Superman vs Goku...comic books Superman wins, conversation is over. Does anyone disagree with that?

If we want to discuss Goku vs (Superman in any media besides comics) I think we can have that conversation. But to have that conversation people need to stop citing comic books for what Superman can do.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 08, 2015, 03:51:49 pm »

Frieza just didn't use enough disks like he should.

I remember Krillin unloading dozens of disks like a machinegun on second form of Frieza. He got his tail, despite literally being several orders of magnitude weaker.
._.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2015, 04:02:33 pm »

Because people have already said that we aren't using AllStar Superman, and I am asserting no Silver Age Superman.

Though yeah... that last comic is pretty definitive as far as Superman lifting planets.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2015, 05:06:58 pm »

Considering how often allies are with either side, why not bring in an equal number of allies?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: April 08, 2015, 05:22:30 pm »

Ok, let's see here. 

Superman has the Justice League. It has the following members (that I remember)

Green Lantern
Wonder woman
The Flash
Batman
Aquaman
Superman
"John Doe" (in the animated series)

That's 7 team members

The Z fighters have

Goku
Gohan
Trunks
Vegeta
Piccolo
Krillan
Videl

That's 7 as well.

FIGHT!

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: April 08, 2015, 06:13:42 pm »

Please tell me this is not a rehash of Death Battles. Internet is being stupid enough about that shit as it is
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: April 08, 2015, 06:29:13 pm »

The Z fighters have

Goku
Gohan
Trunks
Vegeta
Piccolo
Krillan
Videl
Swap out Videl for Yamcha, Tien Shinhan, Android 18, and Goten.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 06:31:35 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: April 08, 2015, 06:36:33 pm »

Swap out Videl for Yamcha, Tien Shinhan, Android 18, and Goten.

Even teams, Andres.

Could remove "John Doe" and Videl.  May want to replace Trunks with Gotenks, as Goten and Trunks would likely use the fusion dance.  Either that, or replace Krillin with Goten.

Edit: Alternatively, remove "John Doe" and Videl, and add in Martian Manhunter and Goten, respectively.

Edit2: Or remove Goten and Trunks and use Uub and Android 18.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 06:41:03 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: April 08, 2015, 06:47:16 pm »

Justice League

When you say Justice League, do you mean Justice League or do you mean Justice League? If you mean Justice League, then the same problem we've been having for the past 8 pages remains: somebody will say "oh,well in some obscure comic that contradicts 99% of his characterization in everything else, Superman farted black holes, so everybody else loses."

Whereas if you mean Justice League,then maybe we can have a conversation.

But we need to clarify.

Martian Manhunter

Note that if you include him, somebody will inevitably bring up "oh, well Martian Manhunter mind controls everybody and makes them gang up on Vegita, who's the only person in Z to demonstrate the ability to resist mind control."

Personally, I don't want to have to go rewatch all of Justice League just to find the one or two instances in the series that demonstrate he's not Godmode Sue like he is in the comics.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: April 08, 2015, 07:26:38 pm »

There is a long list of Justice League heroes who would be bad news for the Goku gang anyhow.

For example... Captain Atom who could douse them in radiation and who if destroyed will still douse them in deadly radiation.

The Phantom who could possess the bodies of the Z-fighters one by one

Dr. Fate who could cast a spell that... Well, magic is vague enough without me adding to it.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: April 08, 2015, 07:27:34 pm »

Martian Manhunter

Note that if you include him, somebody will inevitably bring up "oh, well Martian Manhunter mind controls everybody and makes them gang up on Vegita, who's the only person in Z to demonstrate the ability to resist mind control."

Personally, I don't want to have to go rewatch all of Justice League just to find the one or two instances in the series that demonstrate he's not Godmode Sue like he is in the comics.

Decided to look up his abilities.  He could curb-stomp every single one of the Z-fighters.  His strength, invulnerability, and flight are equal to Superman, in his ordinary form, for the former two.  The former two of those are able to be enhanced by him making his body denser.  Speed is apparently equal to the Flash's.  Stamina is nigh-inexhaustile and allows him to survive for long periods of time without food, water, or air naturally.  Regenerative abilities are on par with Buu's, but even faster.  He is able to incorporate outside matter into his form and shape-shift into the appearance of another Z-fighter.  His is able to reduce his density to the point wherein he is intangible.  He is able to appear invisible, even to beings that can see the entire electromagnetic spectrum.  Extent of telepathic abilities are as follows:
He is also capable of reading the minds of all inhabitants of earth at once. His telepathic abilities also allow him to create realistic illusions; telepathically trace and locate people; shut down people's minds; brain blast; mental shield; influence thoughts; mind control people; manipulate memory; astral projection; possesion; induce sleep; reprogram or reorder minds; and transfer information directly into people's brains.
This is besides being able to launch Psionic Blasts and project a shield to augment his durability even further.  He has nine senses in comparison to the human five, all of which sped up.  He has a heat vision equivalent called 'Martian Vision', which is apparently far stronger, as it could harm Superman.  He can manipulate cells, atoms, and subatomic particles perfectly.

Oh, and at one point he could rewrite the entirety of existence into something more conforming with what he desired.  However that was a once only thing and he already used his up.

His weakness?  He doesn't like being around fire.  That is only true right now due to New 52 reverting him having gotten over this.  Note that the fire does not reduce his powers any more, it just reminds him of how the rest of his race died.

Holy f***.  How can you defeat this guy?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 14