Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Post-History: Freeform RPG; Revival  (Read 11970 times)

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Post-History: Freeform RPG; Meet the Team
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2015, 06:27:32 pm »

Meeting the Team

(Check the Characters spoiler for Bonuses and Items.)

The survivors meandered around without any real direction for a while, many were still in shock over just having been ousted from their safe, warm vault dwelling into the terrifying unknown outside. The Inferno could still be seen in the distance, its flames surging out of the entryway to where the vault once was.

While all of the survivors in the group had their own position in the community, (even if that position wasn't very prestigious), among them now are a few people of note:

Kyle Johnson, who started his own Bar down in the shelter. It was a non-essential but very appreciated location where he did the best that he could with the limited supply of alcohol. Always kept a sawed-off shotgun behind the bar, and while he brandished it a few times over the year, it was never fired.
Lilith Vironne, who was at best treated with indifference and at worst seen as a leech on supplies like food and water that more productive citizens could have had. She is best known for her borderline-fetishistic obsession with Fire Emblem: Awakening.
Jim Henson, overseer of order. A hero to some, a power-tripper to others.
Sam "Beans" Smith, who could get you everything from batteries to beets, for a price of course. Has the record for most time spent in the vault jail cell.
George Cadwell, amateur radio enthusiast turned children's teacher. Affably nerdy.
"Whatever", who never went by any other name. Gold Medal winner in the shelter Olympic games, which he easily won thanks to being the only professional acrobat around.
Joshua Ashwood, who came from being a mall cop, but more importantly he's really directly descended from John Ashwood. Yeah, that John Ashwood. Really.
Owen Stevenson, lived a life of rich privilege of sport and game until today. Is likely orphaned now that his parents are nowhere to be seen. Most likely candidate to become Batman.
Lilly Tiygr, token biker girl. Likes motorcycles, fighting, racing, drinking, smoking, fucking and crossdressing.
Noah Osborn, who talked with the Elder Ones who have told him to be the one to lead humanity to salvation. Went through many psychological evaluations.
Dale Henderson, janitor, blue-collar worker. Unsuspecting and unappreciated.

Gain control over the situation. Try to organize everyone, calm them, and figure out who survived.

Jim Henson ushers everyone to calm down and be quiet, telling them that panic would only make the situation worse. (3) He is not reassuring, he is bombarded by wailing and cries over lost family members and the hopelessness of the general situation. The hectic search for family reminds him that he has not seen his wife since he had escaped the fire. He walks through the crowd, looking for any trace of her chestnut hair or plaid skirt that she had been wearing. At the moment, there's no sign of her. He does his best to stifle his panic by remembering that he has a job to do.

See if any frequent customers made it out of the vault.  Determine if they have anything useful to trade for.

Beans shrugs off the mental stress of the situation, he didn't have any family or many friends, this was just another day for someone in his profession. He resumed work with haste, looking for regulars among the crowd. He approached them, and when he offered up business they only responded with tears, pleas for him to look for their family, or silence. Just what he needed, a stunned audience.

Propose that we work as a team for our survival. Set up the radio and listen in for any transmissions.

"Maybe there are some organized groups out there, we could at least try to contact them."

George, who was able to lug his radio system out of the vault, begins to set it up on the ground. As he does this, he draws a crowd, mostly made up of his students but also of other survivors who notice that for the first time, someone is beginning to act in some way. [10] "...mmpwer.....mmp.....pphmmm..." He picks up the sound of what is clearly a human voice, though the words are intelligible. From the readings on the radio, the signal is coming from somewhere south, somewhere between 60 and 80 miles away.

Follow the others. Be inconspicuous.

Inconspicuousness achieved.

Make sure order is upheld. Quell the panic, if any.

Joshua, lacking any family to drive him into desperation or sadness, makes sure that order and safety are being maintained among the people. Order does not seem to be the problem, but rousing these people into moving and doing work and action will be hard, at least for the moment with their shock. Joshua spots Beans walking around and talking to various survivors; he could just be chatting, but it wouldn't be unlike him to take advantage of a situation.

Try and remember what types of berries are poisonous or not.

Dale tries to remember what types of berries have poison and which don't. [9] Sitting on a tree stump, he thinks long and hard before the memories of camping in his youthful days rushed back with him. 'Black and blew makes a stew, black and yellow kills a fellow', this childish mnemonic would actually be useful for once, instead of just a silly chant.

I forgot to say before, but in addition to your posted actions, you can also PM me if you want to perform a secret action(s), unknown to anyone else. If you do this, you must go through a Stealth roll for each action(s), if you fail, you will be discovered!

For anyone that didn't get to post a character yet, you can do it whenever, there's no rush to jump in. 

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2015, 06:30:39 pm »

Continue to play Awakening. Occasionally mutter words of praise as someone (in-game) makes a great hit.
Black lives matter.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2015, 06:37:32 pm »

Try to yell, and take control over the group.

"Everyone, PAY ATTENTION! You can mourn later, but right now, we need to shut up and survive! We need to find water and shelter now, or we'll all die."
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2015, 06:42:15 pm »

Calm people down.
"Jim, cool your tits. Everyone is having a hard time and your yelling isn't going to help anything."

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2015, 06:43:49 pm »

"Actually, Lon'qu just one-shot this really annoying General for me, so it's pretty smooth sailing right now in my department."
Black lives matter.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2015, 06:44:51 pm »

"I understand that they're having a hard time. So am I. For all I know, my wife's dead, but I still have a job to do."

Jim glances at Lilith, and shakes his head.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2015, 06:46:37 pm »

Approach some of the other survivors.

"Can you not see the Elder Ones are punishing us for our arrogant disbelief! They shall consume the souls of the unfaithful and spill the blood of all who oppose them! We must appease the great elder gods with blood and worship!"
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2015, 06:49:52 pm »

"Leave.
Right now.
Go away."
Black lives matter.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2015, 06:52:32 pm »

"I understand that they're having a hard time. So am I. For all I know, my wife's dead, but I still have a job to do."

Jim glances at Lilith, and shakes his head.

"Scaring people is that weird guy's job."

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2015, 07:00:03 pm »

"I'm not trying to scare them, Kyle."

Jim walks over to Kyle, and says this in a quiet voice, so only he can hear.

"You, and these others, might've been kids when you came here, but I remember this place. I remember standing guard by the door while you showed up. It's damn cold out here at night, around -8 Celsius, and this mountain is covered in predators. Wolves, bears, mountain lions. I know they want to mourn, but right now, we need to get ready for the night. I don't want anybody else dying."

((Looking at the ages, I'm pretty sure my character is the only one who was an adult when he came here.))
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2015, 07:08:00 pm »

Name: Zachary Angelos
Occupation: Ancient history student before the vault, manual labourer (unskilled) after. Hobby was the study of the tactics and equipment of ancient militaries.
Artifact: A biography of Alexander the Great
Brief Biography: Zachary entered the vault with Anthony, his older brother by two years, at 18. Since he didn't have any useful skills to contribute he just did miscellaneous labour where it was needed, mostly helping out his mechanic brother from whom he picked up a few skills. The fire happened while Zachary was reading one of his books in his bed, his brother barging in and telling him about the inferno.

Inventory:
Health: Normal

Get a lay of the land. What's the terrain around the vault like?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 07:42:32 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

blazing glory

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2015, 07:24:13 pm »

Name:Starn Gundar.
Artifact:Welder.
Brief Biography:Starn was an average car mechanic, he, like everyone else, knew the apocalypse was coming, one day while working he saw a spot in one of the cars, deciding to take his chances he took the spot and made way to Cascade shelter, he never did find out what happened to the guy who had the spot, he's supposedly the descendant of a western bandit by the same name, he thinks it's a load of rubbish though.

Inventory:
Health: Normal

Aw shoot I missed the last slot didn't I?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 07:28:59 pm by blazing glory »

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2015, 07:35:15 pm »

"Enough with Elder Ones for now man! we can appease them later! right now we need to cover the basics, water, shelter and food.
Let find us something to drink then we can think about  gong all road warrior for the dank ones or what ever."

Lilly interrupts Noah.

Try to find "drinkable" water  (any thing with out to much mud or dead stuff in it)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Nunzillor

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2015, 08:10:47 pm »

Beans approached the crazy cultist.  "Hey man, don't listen to those guys.  I can get you closer to those "Elder Ones".  All I need is a little something in return, like that knife of yours, and I can hook you up."

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2015, 08:30:38 pm »

I have seen how you fool the sightless ones those who know nothing of their own future. Only sacrifice and worship will appease the Old Ones!
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8