Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Omicron Sector: OOC: Signup's and discussion [5/5] Game Started  (Read 2895 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

So, this a restart, with minor addition's, of Ghazkull's game, House of the Rising Suns III. Modifications have been made primarily in the espionage sector, but also in other places.

As should be obvious, thematically and lorewise the game is fully independent from the game it was based upon, or other games.

This is a 4X/Strategy/Diplomacy Game where players take the Roles of various Races, Empires or Factions vying for Power in the Galaxy.
Each of the 5 Players takes the Helm of a Major Faction in the Galaxy with several minor ones being about which can be integrated, ignored or destroyed.

Spoiler:  Planets and Sectors (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Trade and Transport (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Research (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Achieving Control (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Espionage (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Victory Conditions (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Planetary Control (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Sign-Ups (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 01:25:41 pm by 10ebbor10 »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Omicron Sector: OOC: Signup's and discussion [0/5]
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 03:00:58 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 04:13:08 pm »

Question - will this game also be subject to the rampant and unchecked population growth that can turn your pristine worlds into hives if you have good agriculture? all agri-worlds are hypothetically doomed to that unless resource transport is made bit more flexible between planets., also, returning with my guys, if possible.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 06:05:18 am by Ardas »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 04:36:45 pm »

I'll probably just port my Children of the stars race over here for this game. Gimme a sec.

When I have more time, I'll take a look at the ruleset and provide my feedback, I know it's probably similar to the last game but beyond that I don't know.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 04:42:17 pm by 4maskwolf »

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 12:05:54 am »

Question - will this game also be subject to the rampant and unchecked population growth that can turn your pristine worlds into hives if you have good agriculture? all agri-worlds are hypothetically doomed to that unless resource transport is made bit more flexible between planets., also, returning with my guys, if possible.
At the moment, that part of the rules is unchanged. Protecting trade units against piracy is just a bit easier though, so you should be able to get food of the planet.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 03:15:12 am by 10ebbor10 »

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 02:33:41 am »

Posting to watch.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 09:38:03 am »

I approve of the espionage changes, it makes the whole thing much more balanced.  Still probably going to be some issues there, but those can be worked on when things happen.

How many trade fleets are we going to start with?  Last game we started with as many trade fleets as was needed to support our worlds, which were then replaced out as the game progressed, but my suggestion would be to have every player start out with 15 so that everyone starts on equal footing in that regard.  Then we can either use the "replace out as we go" or just keep them around, as you choose.

I chose 15 because that's how many scapheap will need in order to keep all of his planets alive.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 11:00:23 am »

Two questions: Nomadic Empires allowed and will there be Unique tech or did you abandon that?

for each case an app:

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2015, 11:09:05 am »

Two questions: Nomadic Empires allowed and will there be Unique tech or did you abandon that?
I intend to keep the Unique tech.

As for the Nomadic Empires, I'm torn. It seems very interesting, but it adds complexity, especially in balancing stuff.

I approve of the espionage changes, it makes the whole thing much more balanced.  Still probably going to be some issues there, but those can be worked on when things happen.

How many trade fleets are we going to start with?  Last game we started with as many trade fleets as was needed to support our worlds, which were then replaced out as the game progressed, but my suggestion would be to have every player start out with 15 so that everyone starts on equal footing in that regard.  Then we can either use the "replace out as we go" or just keep them around, as you choose.

I chose 15 because that's how many scapheap will need in order to keep all of his planets alive.
Considering, at the moment, 3 different options.

- Starting with sufficient trade fleets, perhaps with a constant decay.
- Giving everyone some free trade fleets.
- No one gets fleets, have large Mercenary trade fleets available for hire, at a price

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2015, 11:12:20 am »

I'm going to stand opposed to the Nomadic empires because it adds unnecessary complexity, requires special rules, and was incredibly broken in the last game (at least at the beginning).  It also adds to the enjoyment of only one or a few players, rather than every player.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2015, 12:43:43 pm »

I usually have trouble finding fun in these sorts of game-mostly because of lack of world building and deficient RP-but I like there is a Federation victory, at least.

Spoiler: Dwarmin's Submission (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 12:52:05 pm by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2015, 12:47:34 pm »

PTW

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2015, 03:50:33 am »

So, we have 5 people. Will try to set up everything in the next 2 days, but submissions are still open.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2015, 05:32:00 am »

Despite overt strategy and number crunching, i'd like to do some RP and flesh out things during the game. It seems less dry in the end. I remember a game of Clout that despite being  pretty strategic and ruthless about tactics, It had some of its own flavour to go with it. At least I will try.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 06:38:47 am by Ardas »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2015, 08:40:44 am »

Nevermind, I don't have the time for this.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 05:14:41 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: [1] 2 3