Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia LIV: You Are Bread - Game over! Town wins!  (Read 34803 times)

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia LIV: You Are Bread - Game over! Town wins!
« Reply #285 on: May 01, 2015, 03:18:21 pm »

Given 2 of the 3 worst lurkers were scum, I stand behind the playergamer lynch. Just got unlucky with the one we hit. :b

same :p
Or not it's cool.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: May 01, 2015, 03:19:42 pm »

gg wp. It was fun mostly cuz we won. Would have been sad if we lost. Tea mvp :p
Or not it's cool.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: May 01, 2015, 03:21:18 pm »

Good game everybody. I regret to say that I won't be in another mafia game until school is done because of AP tests and stuff.

@Roo, it is great to see your play develop to the point where people believe your claim ;D

ayyyyye :D
Next time I would recommend explaining your decision to investigate OSG and answer Deus Asmoth's questions though. In a more active game and one with a jailkeeper, you might have gotten lynched for that.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Jack A T

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia is What Players Make of It
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 01, 2015, 03:26:04 pm »

Congratulations, town.

Newbies: Any thoughts on the OP?  Did you find it useful, and if so, what sections did you find useful?  What sections did you find to not be useful?  Any comments would be valuable.
Quote from: Pandarsenic, BYOR 6.3 deadchat
FUCK YOU JACK
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris, Witches' Coven 2 Elfchat
YOU TRAITOROUS SWINE.
Screw you, Jack.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 01, 2015, 03:40:26 pm »

Good game everybody. I regret to say that I won't be in another mafia game until school is done because of AP tests and stuff.

@Roo, it is great to see your play develop to the point where people believe your claim ;D

ayyyyye :D
Next time I would recommend explaining your decision to investigate OSG and answer Deus Asmoth's questions though. In a more active game and one with a jailkeeper, you might have gotten lynched for that.

I did explain it. No clue how people are saying I didn't/haven't. And in a game with a jail
keeper I still wouldn't answer his questions.
Or not it's cool.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: May 01, 2015, 03:44:55 pm »

Roo did explain that the decision was made BC he was the least likely night kill, and not accounting for the jailkeeper, it did make sense (though was a bit misguided. )Also, Deus refusing to acknowledge how Dark Star's flip had changed the game and just continuing to bitch about the questions was so silly fmpov that I can understand not answering them? So I'd be surprised if a more active game would've impacted that as I think the lack of activity is what contributed to ppl only wanting to lynch ppl with high post counts

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: May 01, 2015, 04:01:37 pm »

Roo did explain that the decision was made BC he was the least likely night kill, and not accounting for the jailkeeper, it did make sense (though was a bit misguided. )Also, Deus refusing to acknowledge how Dark Star's flip had changed the game and just continuing to bitch about the questions was so silly fmpov that I can understand not answering them? So I'd be surprised if a more active game would've impacted that as I think the lack of activity is what contributed to ppl only wanting to lynch ppl with high post counts

Well that and because I already had 4mask as town. It really didn't matter who I investigated. If I investigated Dorsi It would have cleared them and I would have voted deus, because of my town read on osg. If I investigated Deus it would have confirmed him as scum. I investigated osg and ended up voting deus eventually anyways.

And Not answering them because It would have just given deus ammo. Eventually if a plethora of questions are asked potentially a plethora of mistakes/contradictions could be found. If anybody was truly interested in knowing the answers they would have brought it up. Not answering doesn't mean I'm incapable of answering.  That and I sort of just glazed over them. lol
Or not it's cool.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: May 01, 2015, 04:11:51 pm »

Yeah, I agree that giving Deus more rhetorical ammo when no one else actually cared wouldn't have been good here.

Um, in response to Jack, the first post is really long? I'm not completely new to the concept of mafia and so some of the long explanations of informed minority vs uninformed majority blah blah (plus like a full page of bread writing?) made me kinda skim the ruleset and not notice a couple of important things. I like that the reasons not to no lynch thing was there. Basically I wish that the rules and setup which need to be continually referenced were easier to find compared to the other stuff that was less important.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: May 01, 2015, 05:03:57 pm »

Dark Star's attitude in the scum QT is still super annoying to me and I'm glad I got him lynched (with the help of the last minute bus.) I'm kind of sad Dorsid just disappeared at the end as I was starting to townread him and would've liked to see if his game sense changed at the end. Also wish either IC had, like, ever posted reads? :|

I feel like my reads were okay despite everything?? Had fun arguing and working with roo

Sorry for vanishing, I had external stuff going on and had to cut down internetting, and mafia just didn't make the postlist.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: May 01, 2015, 06:12:19 pm »

Well GG. Remember, inattentive mafia-playing kills!
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: May 01, 2015, 06:18:30 pm »

I did actually consider making a post but I frankly didn't want roo to move his laser-guided random selection away from the person who wasn't me.

Tea

• Bay Watcher
  • ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: May 01, 2015, 06:35:52 pm »

I did actually consider making a post but I frankly didn't want roo to move his laser-guided random selection away from the person who wasn't me.
Lmao. Did you believe the claim?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: May 02, 2015, 03:18:13 am »

Well GG. Remember, inattentive mafia-playing kills!
Social Loafing~ :<

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: May 02, 2015, 03:29:08 am »

Lmao. Did you believe the claim?
Obviously, since nobody counterclaimed cop or even jailkeeper

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: May 02, 2015, 07:19:09 am »

Simple question. If I'd been town and roo had been scum, would you still think it would be acceptable that roo refused to answer any questions for the majority of the game?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21