Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Beware the Weretapirs!  (Read 3342 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
Re: Beware the Weretapirs!
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2015, 10:14:35 am »

I'm pretty sure that caravan guards aren't historical figures and can't be werebeasts. I'm also pretty sure that werebeasts are driven out as soon as they are bitten and therefore cannot be migrants. Both incidences must have been bites by attacking werebeasts on your map.

Abyss25

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2015, 01:43:33 pm »

All the same. It is terrifying.

TheHossofMoss

• Bay Watcher
  • "Man muss Heu machen, solange die Sonne scheint."
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2015, 05:53:21 pm »

That's unfortunate for your fortress, but I'm sure it was !!FUN!!

My previous fortress (abandoned due to having 0 sieges in 11 years) had a Werelizard attack, in which my hunter was the first responder. She shot it with her crossbow and chipped its leg bone, but it caught up to her. It bit her left ring finger off, and then she passed out. It then yanked off her boot and sock, and began beating in her head with her cave silk sock. Then the militia showed up, and with one swipe, the axedwarf hacked the abomination's head off.

I figured she would turn, but miraculously she didn't. I guess if the limb that's bitten is actually bitten completely off then the dwarf won't become infected.
On the Fifth Day of Axemas, my love saved the fort from...
Five sieging Werebeasts, four Giant Dingoes, three sneaky Thieves, two drunken Black bears, and a Titan killing spree!

Abyss25

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2015, 08:44:28 am »

Werebeasts usually aren't dangerous, because 9/10 of the time, the Werebeasts simply flat out kill their targets rather than infecting them. Weretapir's must've sucked just enough to keep people alive to infect them, which ironically makes them more dangerous than other werebeasts because they lack as much killing power.

It spiraled out of control pretty quickly though. And my fortress is still on high alert. I bet they're all a bunch of grizzled, backwoods townspeople that mutter stories about beasts with red eyes and floppy snouts.

"I tell ya, Urist! I seen one with my own eye!"

Neo_Spade

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:ginger neck-beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2015, 03:37:43 pm »

Werebeasts usually aren't dangerous, because 9/10 of the time, the Werebeasts simply flat out kill their targets rather than infecting them. Weretapir's must've sucked just enough to keep people alive to infect them, which ironically makes them more dangerous than other werebeasts because they lack as much killing power.

It spiraled out of control pretty quickly though. And my fortress is still on high alert. I bet they're all a bunch of grizzled, backwoods townspeople that mutter stories about beasts with red eyes and floppy snouts.

"I tell ya, Urist! I seen one with my own eye!"

...You know, I'd agree with this, I even laughed when I saw the floppy snouts comment... then I had a furnace operator die to a Weretapir... you've cursed my game with the foul beast! It got away too, so it's still out there...

...actually, I remember seeing this very post and getting horrified of the thing infecting my whole fort, so I'm kind of glad that the only person to bite it (figuratively speaking) was a no-name Furnace Operator.
If you've got dwarf problems, I feel bad for you, son.
I've got 99 whales because I killed Urist with one.
Pages: 1 [2]