Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: (TSG) Sheriff Meetings... All the Meetings  (Read 9913 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: (TSG) Sheriff Nasty
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2015, 11:08:10 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This'll get us in good favour with both the orcs (and the queen!) and the humans, we have a spouse and children to take advantage of, Lyndra will make up for our lack of social skill bonuses, and a mage is just good to have around in general.

+1 I like how we'll get a spy in Lyndra and a powerful back up in Violet. By the way GM, can we get more deputies later or is that not possible?

EDIT:

Name: Olgoth the Enforcer (5 points if you get the reference).
+1

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2015, 03:52:02 pm »

Name: Olgoth the Enforcer (5 points if you get the reference).
Angry Joe? That orc kept on killing him, if I remember correctly.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2015, 04:57:12 pm »

yep. Best Orc name ever imho.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2015, 05:41:09 pm »

You still remember Tat-Pallik's coronation feast as if it happened mere hours ago. Your mother and you worked your hands raw preparing all the food your highborn Orcish Friends and their guests would be eating, but after the bulk of the work was finished, you were given some opportunity to enjoy yourself. Visiting dignitaries gave you a few strange looks, but let your clearly low class presence slide; You were sure most of them had slaves back home who's children befriended their children.

The party continued for weeks after the actual crowning, and the new queen spent most of this time in her chambers. The rumor quickly spread that she was trying out men to be part of her official harem of consorts. To say that you were surprised when you were invited to audition would be an understatement. Tat-Pallik was closer to you than some of her own siblings, but you had confided in her that you had no sexual interest in Greenskins, and there was no way that she could get away with giving the son of non-orcish slaves an official position such as consort. You were relieved then, that upon entering her well furnished chambers Tat-Pallik greeted you fully clothed.

She informed you that she wanted you to have a better life than you would get surrounded by Orcs, and that she intended to free your mother and grant her the position of head chef at her embassy in Bronzetown, one of the outer human city-states, and that you were expected to go with her. You were be given a gift of two thousand Orcish Steel Chips with which to start a new life for yourself. This was to be goodbye, the last you would see of the Queen or any of your other Orcish Friends. You shared a long and emotional hug with with Tat-Pallik, but after you broke it off, she was smiling. "We will meet again. Someday I will take the human cities by the axe, and will give you the power and prestiege there that you could never have here. I swear it."

---

The day Tat-Pallik rode victorious into Sky's Gate was the greatest of your life. You reunited with long forgotten friends. Your wife was presented with jewels and fine garments looted from the chambers of the fallen King's Consorts. Your children sat on the Orc Queen's knee, and were given her personal blessing, as well as the promise that they would be betrothed to some of the fallen human nobility, and made into figurehead rulers of Tat-Pallik's new human lands when they came of age. You were even informed that your mother, whom you left in Bronzetown after she married a man you couldn't get along with, was to be made head chef to her cities new Governor. You were then moved into the biggest house in town, and promised an important position, likely as adviser to one of the new city governors, once things settled down.

The following days and months, however, were not nearly as good. To begin his reign of terror, Marrow-Mash ordered all the highborn humans in town slaughtered and served as the centerpiece of a great feast. The only ones spared were the prisoners given to you, so that they may marry your children. The bloodshed did not stop there, as Marrow-Mash's first official decree made it illegal for Orcs and Ogres to hunt the cities' human population for food and sport. At this point your reputation began to shift from Race Traitor to hero.

For their own protection, you allowed your wife's family to move into your large house. They were followed by in-laws and friends of your in-laws, and then in-laws and friends of those in-laws and friends. Soon your large estate was bursting at the seems with people under your protection. Marrow-Mash and his Ogre underlings were not amused at this behavior, but because you were a friend of the Queen they dared not touch you. They knew it was a matter of time before the squalid living conditions of the now overpacked house, along with your dwindling savings, would eventually force you to throw most of your guests out.

Just when things were looking desperate, however, the Queen caught wind of her governor's misconduct, and quickly moved to fix things. Leadership power was given to a small parliament, and a Sheriff was to be appointed to serve as a middle man between the ruler and the ruled. After some debate, it was determined that you were a perfect candidate; You had powerful Orcish Friends, including Tat-Pallik, were beloved by the people you sacrificed to protect, and were set to become nobility once your children became old enough to wed. Once you accepted the post things began to move quickly...

---

The entirety of the new Sheriff's department is presently in your study: Yourself, your deputies Violet and Lyndra, and a huge heavy sack of 10000 Orcish Steel Chips, a gift from the Queen herself to serve as your initial budget. Both your new employees have ideas on how the money should be spent; Violet would like to establish a proper Wizard's Lab on your property, which she estimates would cost about 6000 Chips, and Lyndra would like to set up a spy network which would cost at least 2000 plus maintenance.

You, of course have some ideas of your own regarding the money. Your see your wife watching through a crack in the door, and can tell she is not thrilled that one of your deputies is connected to prostitution and the other is unmarried, pretty, and not quite yet out of her teenage years. With this in mind, it might suit you to purchase a proper headquarters to keep your business out of your home. Furthermore, between the three of you, nobody is particulary suited for hands on street level law enforcement. You could likely make use of your two household guards in the short run, but at some point it is likely that you will have to find and hire some goons.

Whatever you do, you should do it with speed; You have a city depending on you.

Mathias 'The Enforcer' Lorenz Blood-spiller:

The Sheriff's Office of Sky's Gate:
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 05:48:43 pm by Weirdsound »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (TSG) Sheriff (Not So) Nasty
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2015, 06:03:33 pm »

Spend 2000 chips on a spy ring.

Find a proper HQ to purchase.

Ask Valiance Clay about improving the food supply.

Sell our chariot and the horses used to pull it.

Open up interviews to hire some goons.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 06:05:08 pm by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2015, 06:08:34 pm »

"The day Tat-Pallik rode victorious into Sky's Gate was the greatest [moment?] of your life." Possible correction? Very good either way.

Personally, I think we need to establish muscle so we should set up our new HQ at the Captain of the Guards mansion or old HQ. Or maybe a prison.

I think we should have a Soviet style police system in that we should call our men Commissariats. Unless, they prove to be very good at which point they may get promoted.

Whoever we get cannot be from Renders clan because they will simply hurt our reputation. We have to win over the hearts and minds of these people eventually  to get rid of those freedom fighter cells.

Anyways actual suggestions now right?

Spy network is a go. We'll need intel on these vampires and start stop them from taking advantage of the chaos out in the city. Plus no one wants to be undead so they'll be the perfect enemy.

Secondly, hire about 30 police officers with combat experience who are not Renders. Preference given to prior police workers and vampire hunters.

Thirdly, Look for a new base of operations. We can't have our house having people coming talking about sensitive police work. Again maybe a prison or Guardhouse somewhere? If anything a large abandoned building can be taken for public use and refurbsihed right?

Fourth, Ask the parliament about future funding. We don't need it now but explain we'll need constant funding to keep the rabble from kicking off now.

Fifth, have a meeting with some human leaders of the city. We'd like to discuss future cooperation to keep the undead from hurting more innocents and keep the Render clan away from power. Explain we intend to do our best to keep their violence at a minimum but that we want their best fighters to fight the undead. We'll need humans for undead hunting.

Sixth, Kiss our wife and promise to not do anything with our Employees.

Seventh, We should also try to keep a personel eye out for Cat-Mash the Governor of the city. If need be pay a little coin to Sheepteeth for information on what Cat-Mash is planning right now.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 06:26:30 pm by 3man75 »

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2015, 06:08:48 pm »

Spend 2000 chips on a spy ring.

Find a proper HQ to purchase.

Ask Valiance Clay about improving the food supply.

Sell our chariot and the horses used to pull it.

Open up interviews to hire some goons.
+1

Hire proper investigators or at least those with investigative ability instead of random goons. Our most obvious threat is Cat-Mash and his Renders, though with our relations to the Queen I doubt he'd do anything rash. I'm more worried about those freedom fighters and the vampires benefiting from all the chaos.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2015, 06:19:15 pm »

IDEA! Ok, so I'm going to -1 all suggestions to hiring goons, including my previous one. Instead, I think we should find the old Captain of the Guard and have her set up a new guard for us. She would be far more experienced in the matter than us which means we'll get better recruits and faster. Maybe we should force her to have an orc goon quota as well.

Fifth, have a meeting with some human leaders of the city. We'd like to discuss future cooperation to keep the undead from hurting more innocents and keep the Render clan away from power. Explain we intend to do our best to keep their violence at a minimum but that we want their best fighters to fight the undead. We'll need humans for undead hunting.
The humans are represented by a single race traitor in parliament, any other human leaders likely being rebel leaders. Getting in touch with the representative and talking with him is a good idea, though. If we can get orcs to do the undead-hunting it'll prove that we provide something that human government can't, namely better-quality troops to fight vampires.

Sixth, Kiss our wife and promise to not do anything with our Employees.
That's so sweet. :) +1
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 06:22:50 pm by Andres »

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2015, 06:28:28 pm »

Also, we should introduce the Human MP to our "friend" from the farmers guild. Explain that it may be prudent to tackle the food shortage or at least hear out the farmer. It'll at least make us look like we care.

EDIT: Just to keep this organized, I and my constituents from above have agreed on the following:

1. Spy Ring.
2. Ask clay about improving the food situation around here. ((Maybe set up a three way meeting between us and the human MP?))
3. Buy a proper HQ. Again maybe a large building that we can refurbish? Or just ask the old captain of the guard to help us on that too.
4. selling the chariot and horses...why? I don't agree but its 2v1 so far so i'll keep it here.
5. No goons. We need actual investigators, ex-city guards, and Vampire hunters. Seriously, guys if we kill a bunch of undead who's going to say anything bad? They'll all praise us for it! It'll help cool things off and keep the Governor from attacking a popular rival.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 06:47:09 pm by 3man75 »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2015, 07:46:56 pm »

"The day Tat-Pallik rode victorious into Sky's Gate was the greatest [moment?] of your life." Possible correction? Very good either way.

greatest [day] of your life. :p

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2015, 07:50:34 pm »

Should we expect an update today Weirdsound? Also what do you think the update style of this game will be like?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2015, 07:55:21 pm »

4. selling the chariot and horses...why? I don't agree but its 2v1 so far so i'll keep it here.
5. No goons. We need actual investigators, ex-city guards, and Vampire hunters. Seriously, guys if we kill a bunch of undead who's going to say anything bad? They'll all praise us for it! It'll help cool things off and keep the Governor from attacking a popular rival.
4. Why not? It's costing us maintenance, we'll get money from selling them, and we already have a carriage with horses to pull them.
5. Goons are necessary for general law and order. Vampire-hunters just can't do the same work that normal guardsmen can. Vampire-hunting will be good PR but if our streets run amok with muggings, thefts, and murders we'll be in even deeper crap.

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2015, 07:59:52 pm »

4. Didn't see that. Ya sell that thing off.
5.Can we keep our random goons to Ex-City Guards, Soldiers, Mercenaries, and anyone else with a proven combat record? We need those who aren't afraid to show that WE are in charge around here and the breaking the law is met with pain. Hopefully, we can at least keep the more vital parts of the city safe this way.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2015, 08:06:05 pm »

Should we expect an update today Weirdsound? Also what do you think the update style of this game will be like?

It is possible. I have to do some legwork for my RPG next, but if I have time after that, it could happen.

And what do you mean by update style?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2015, 08:11:55 pm »

Sorry I meant frequency of updates. Sorry  :-[
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6