Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: (TSG) Sheriff Meetings... All the Meetings  (Read 9902 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
(TSG) Sheriff Meetings... All the Meetings
« on: March 26, 2015, 02:26:59 am »

In the year twelve of the Second Pantheon, the human city states were shocked by the Orcish Warqueen Tat-Pallik. Although Orcs had invaded before, never were they as well organized and well armed as Tat-Pallik's army, and as a result the eight outer cities fell under greenskin occupation. The War Queen, unwilling to cease her advance to settle down and rule her new holdings, appointed harsh but fair Orcish Governors to rule of seven of the fallen cities. Sky's Gate, The eighth conqured city, was not so lucky - it was given to Marrow-Mash.

Marrow-Mash was the patriarch of the Renders, a particularly large tribe of Ogres who served the Orc Queen in battle. As a child he and his family were hunted by humans, and on the battlefield their drive for revenge made his tribe such an effective fighting force that they were promised a city as reward. This same drive for revenge against humanity, however, made them rather poor at ruling over humans. Marrow-Mash's reign was brief and terrible; Over a two month span nearly a quarter of the population was slaughtered, and virtually every building was looted of everything valuable. When Tat-Pallik caught wind of this, she moved quickly to rectify her mistake. Marrow-Mash was recalled to the front to serve as the queens personal bodyguard and consort, and Sky's Gate was put under the control of a small apointed parliament: six Orcs, four Ogres, and one Human race traitor.

One other appointment was also made: A Sheriff. A halfbreed with an Ogre for a father and a Human for a mother, tasked with bridgeing the gap between an occupying government and a victimized people. A lawbringer tasked with imposing the will of parliament in the least intrusive fashion possible. A loyal subject of Tat-Pallik, intent on proving that his or her quasi-divine queen's holdings can grow and prosper reguardless of the challenges facing them.

You are this Sheriff. For better or worse the fate of Sky's Gate rests largely with you.

Character Creation:

Name and Gender:

Upbringing:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Recent History:

Deputies:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 03:03:40 am by Weirdsound »

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: (TSG) Sheriff Nasty
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 02:45:52 am »

This'll get us in good favour with both the orcs (and the queen!) and the humans, we have a spouse and children to take advantage of, Lyndra will make up for our lack of social skill bonuses, and a mage is just good to have around in general.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 02:50:52 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2015, 04:26:20 am »

This'll get us in good favour with both the orcs (and the queen!) and the humans, we have a spouse and children to take advantage of, Lyndra will make up for our lack of social skill bonuses, and a mage is just good to have around in general.

This, though I'd prefer having practised under the orcish judge for the judge of intent and social skills and replace Lyndra with Rosie (since we don't need anyone else compensating for a lack of social skill, and with Rosie we'll be popular with both the orc Parliament and the locals.)

Name: Mathias Lorenz Blood-spiller (to reflect his human and ogre descent.)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2015, 05:05:28 am »

This, though I'd prefer having practised under the orcish judge for the judge of intent and social skills and replace Lyndra with Rosie (since we don't need anyone else compensating for a lack of social skill, and with Rosie we'll be popular with both the orc Parliament and the locals.)

Rosie is Captain of the Guard of the former regime, i.e. the humans. We'll get popular with the humans but get saddled with the fact that she won't like some of the laws we might have to pass.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2015, 05:31:11 am »

+1 This.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2015, 05:56:19 am »

Rosie is Captain of the Guard of the former regime, i.e. the humans. We'll get popular with the humans but get saddled with the fact that she won't like some of the laws we might have to pass.

Well, we grew up in a royal household and we'll have some good social skills. Convincing Rosie not to throw a tantrum over every little law we make won't be that hard. We're trying to show how our queen is beneficial and understanding. If we can convince the captain of the guard of the former regime to go with our laws, we can convince almost anyone else, right? (excluding extremists we're bound to fight later on.)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2015, 06:05:52 am »

Well, we grew up in a royal household and we'll have some good social skills. Convincing Rosie not to throw a tantrum over every little law we make won't be that hard. We're trying to show how our queen is beneficial and understanding. If we can convince the captain of the guard of the former regime to go with our laws, we can convince almost anyone else, right? (excluding extremists we're bound to fight later on.)
This can only work assuming Rosie isn't a race traitor, which she very might well be.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2015, 06:33:01 am »

If Rosie were a race traitor, she wouldn't be so popular with the locals. If she were plotting to overthrow our queen's new regime, we'd be placing her in a much more manageable and observable position anyway.
Dying of laughter?

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2015, 06:47:38 am »

Fair points. There's no reason to not have Rosie, then, but I still believe that the two deputies I picked would give us better rewards.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2015, 07:07:10 am »

For the most part, that app looks good. I would suggest replacing violet with Tok-Tok though, given that we seem to be going for a sheriff that doesn't impose harshly on the populace.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2015, 07:20:47 am »

All that guy is useful for is currying favour with orcs, which we should already have due to being "on great terms with the Orcs in parliament." Seriously, we can't even use him as a bodyguard.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2015, 07:25:38 am »

He does know his way around things, and makes a suitable second in command. Besides, we'd have normal guards for doing the grunt work I'd believe. We're mostly the ones that command and run said guard thus non-combat shouldn't be an issue.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2015, 07:32:29 am »

All that guy is useful for is currying favour with orcs, which we should already have due to being "on great terms with the Orcs in parliament." Seriously, we can't even use him as a bodyguard.

This is true. We're already friends with the QUEEN. Plus, we'd probably know our way around orc politics. What we really need is to establish our foothold in human politics, thus my previous suggestion of Rosie.
Dying of laughter?

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2015, 09:07:41 am »

+1 I like how we'll get a spy in Lyndra and a powerful back up in Violet. By the way GM, can we get more deputies later or is that not possible?

EDIT:

Name: Olgoth the Enforcer (5 points if you get the reference).
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 10:51:33 am by 3man75 »

Urist Arrhenius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2015, 09:43:56 am »

Ptw
We're all just Simple Folk trying to get by.

You can also watch me learn to draw.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6