Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 40

Author Topic: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 55)  (Read 89239 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 38)
« Reply #420 on: August 17, 2015, 03:31:28 am »

Roll 39

"Thank you for aiding us Lily." This castle looks... unsettling. But we've gone all this way, might as well get this out of the way.

Cautiously walk down the hall of the keep.

[1][3] You keep walking... and walking... and walking... but the torches keep coming, and the hallway keeps going. You wonder if you've passed through the whole length of the castle by now.

Your whole body is protected by some sort of green glow, visible in the dark (-1)

You have a stack of spell tome pages and a black cover

You have a bloodied ceremonial dagger (Attack power: 3) (attaches to target and Drains it, suppressing it) (remembering a memory teleports this weapon to your hand)

You have a Beech Javelin (Attack power: 3 (thrown), 1 (stab))
You have 10 Javelin memories (lucid)
You have about thirty Hours
You have a royal goblet, a golden watch, and some jewelry

You remember the Lady of Winter
You remember a giant eye
You remember many pixies
You remember a band of Arinthian soldiers and some bandits
You remember a bandit sinking into the ground

Give Lily an awkward parting smile. Follow Zikal, but keep looking around for danger.

In response, Lily gives a playful sneer.

The passage goes on and on forever. It doesn't feel like you're going down... so you wonder how you could have walked so far when the castle only has a limited width above the ground.

You have a schematic of an iron arrow trap

You have a steel axe (Attack power: 1) (Deals piercing damage if the attack connects but fails to pierce)
You have an iron mace (Attack power: 2) (If the target has less than 2 damage, deals piercing damage)

You have a charged large greatbow (Attack power: 3 (charged), 1 (uncharged)) (charging takes one turn of preparation)
You have an uncharged Quickbow (Attack power: 1. Can fire twice per turn. Charging it allows you to fire two arrows per attack, four in one turn)
You have 11 arrows in your quiver (Attack power: 1)
There is one recoverable arrow near the Old Fortress Mound
You have an important scroll in a copper cylinder
You have about one hundred Hours

Archae cautiously keeps to the shadows, and transforms back into his normal form, filing the his flying form away in the depths of his mind. He meanwhile keeps a lookout for anything the women does, and tries to move into a more secure hiding place.

You return to normal, banishing every trace of the augmented form from your mind. The wings crumble to dust and flake away, disappearing completely.
You don't quite remember the specifics of your body anymore, since transforming did involve converting your mental "blueprint" into a real form. Since that blueprint was just destroyed, it's gone forever. But you do remember what it felt like to fly above the forest and the thorny spires, as well as muscle-memory for wings and the like.

[3][3] As it turns out, there is no place to hide. Not because there aren't places to obscure your body, mind you. The tangled clusters of skily tendrils can easily mask your presence.
It's just that the floor is covered in eyes. First one opens out of the ground underneath your foot. As soon as you make eye contact (literally with your foot), a multitude of them appears around you, all of them staring but none of them interacting otherwise.

The woman doesn't seem to respond. Instead, she sort of dances, passing through the tendrils as if they weren't there. You wonder how this is possible.
She also lets out a laugh. [5][4] It's a familiar voice--the one that spoke to you through the crystal!

You have a black Cloak of Ash (protects against Ashlight and fire)
You have a green poison slime with Paralysis

You remember a red, blue, and a green spell-slime (weak)

You have a red resonance crystal.

You have a spiny walking stick (Attack power: (attacking head) 2, (attacking other parts) 1)
You have a silversteel falchion (Attack power: (on odd swings) 3, (on even swings) 2)
You remember your time in the wilderness well
You have some sandwiches and citrus
You have a Sprite Trap, labelled with the words "Samantha Magdelene, professor at U.T"
You have seventy-five Hours

Woman with the crimson robe, right?

Begin searching for said woman.

You separate from the astrologers, who have gone on to talk about horoscopes and heliocentric models and all sorts of things, scientific and not.
[2][1] Instead, you first ascend the large stairs, running into a great mass of scarlet. It turns out to be eight cardinals from across the country, discussing a new school of thoughtform one of them has taken interest in: The ability to bring artwork to life, that is, an extension of the common use of spell tomes.
[2][6] You continue searching on the second floor, discovering a theater where some dramatic play is being held. No woman in scarlet... but perhaps she is a performer here? Scarlet is a color mostly reserved for the clergy, and cardinals are all-male.

You walk over past the side of the theater into a tall hallway. To one side is a large room where the performers change costumes. All the way up ahead is some sort of cafeterial. To the front and left, there is a space with an unconscious man resting on a mat and a doctor presiding over him, crushing a few herbs with a mortar.

Your head is sunburned (1)

You have a Zweihänder slung on your shoulder (Attack power: 4) (can only be used offensively every other turn)
You have a Katzbalger (Attack power: 2)
You have an arquebus (Attack power: 3) (Your opponent gets an extra positive die to dodge)
You are wearing light plate armor (incoming attacks lose 1 attack power if over 1)
You have about one hundred and fifty Hours

I whisper to Efa:
"Interesting plan."
and I watch for Efa's next move.

((I... um, realize that I awkwardly didn't finish the Princess' last sentence. Oh well.))

Efa heads behind one of the dividers in the dressing area, careful to watch for signs of incoming performers. You hear Efa's voice.
Lots of costumes, which means organic material for me. Wake me if someone shows up, alright?

Efa then goes to sleep on top of a pile of clothes. She does so with remarkable speed--by the time you realize what happened, Efa is completely unresponsive.
Someone walks by, but he's not approaching the dressing area at least yet.

Efa's cap is destroyed (no longer absorbs damage)

It is the 5th hour after noon. Ash is blazing even brighter in the azure sky, burning all exposed objects and adding +1 to all die in a thoughtform roll.
Expected end of Ashstorm: 7th hour.  (Next hour: Turn 42)
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 39)
« Reply #421 on: August 17, 2015, 03:53:25 am »

((I don't know exactly what the princess is doing, but I can fill in the blank easy enough.))
action PMd
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: August 17, 2015, 02:17:02 pm »

((I don't know exactly what the princess is doing, but I can fill in the blank easy enough.))
action PMd

((Actually now that I think about it, it might be important.))

Princess: The sorrows you must face, even though none of this was your fault! Do not worry, I'll make sure you keep your position.  When the stage organizer hears of the missing actor, I will be sure to explain the circumstances.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: August 17, 2015, 09:46:12 pm »

action unchanged
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 20, 2015, 11:37:59 pm »

"Oh great, a repeating hallway. I wonder if it has to do with these mirrors?"

Examine one of the mirrors on the wall.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 21, 2015, 09:53:11 am »

examine the ground. If nothing weird presents itself, gaze into one of the mirrors

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 38)
« Reply #426 on: August 21, 2015, 01:11:59 pm »

"Klein, can you help me with this? Do you see any woman in crimson, old buddy?" Leonhard scritched the cat behind his ears as he continued to search for the dame the voice had told him about. If he didn't find her, then it'd probably be the voice's loss. The mercenary wasn't exactly in the habit of taking mysterious voices coming from crystals seriously.

Continue searching for said woman. Enlist the astrologers' assistance if I continue to fail.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 21, 2015, 06:26:53 pm »

Archae raises his eyebrow, and speaks through his slime impulsively.

"What? Hello?"

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 22, 2015, 04:02:37 am »

Roll 40

"Oh great, a repeating hallway. I wonder if it has to do with these mirrors?"

Examine one of the mirrors on the wall.

[2][1] You approach the mirror and trip forward as you kneel down. Something on the floor blocked your foot. You would investigate the obstacle, but currently you are tumbling forward through the mirror.

It collapses under your weight like a gossamer web, as if you had stumbled into some spider's trap. Not one of those giant monster spiders, though. The mirror material is soft yet transparent and slightly reflective. It seems more like there are images dancing across it moreso than it seems that your images are being reflected; it's a fabric that changes its design to look like a mirror.

Somehow you enter the reflection. You aren't sure if the next hallway down the infinite tunnel is also real, or the next one... but breaking the first mirror does not seem to alter the rest of the infinitely repeated tunnels.

Your whole body is protected by some sort of green glow, visible in the dark (-1)

You have a stack of spell tome pages and a black cover

You have a bloodied ceremonial dagger (Attack power: 3) (attaches to target and Drains it, suppressing it) (remembering a memory teleports this weapon to your hand)

You have a Beech Javelin (Attack power: 3 (thrown), 1 (stab))
You have 10 Javelin memories (lucid)
You have about thirty Hours
You have a royal goblet, a golden watch, and some jewelry

You remember the Lady of Winter
You remember a giant eye
You remember many pixies
You remember a band of Arinthian soldiers and some bandits
You remember a bandit sinking into the ground

examine the ground. If nothing weird presents itself, gaze into one of the mirrors

((See above))

...but one thing is certain. You are being watched.

The ground itself doesn't seem to be shifting under your feet or anything like that. It is one contiguous piece of flooring, some kind of purple ebony that appears black in the torchlight.

Far away in the mirrors, you see a set of eyes. Not just two, but many small eyes around one large eye. It's just like some sort of boogeyman, staring out of the darkness.

The Vile Spawn of Darkness is hard to see in this lighting. It's more-or-less devolved itself into a puddle of shadows on the floor, lacking any real face or expression.

You have a schematic of an iron arrow trap

You have a steel axe (Attack power: 1) (Deals piercing damage if the attack connects but fails to pierce)
You have an iron mace (Attack power: 2) (If the target has less than 2 damage, deals piercing damage)

You have a charged large greatbow (Attack power: 3 (charged), 1 (uncharged)) (charging takes one turn of preparation)
You have an uncharged Quickbow (Attack power: 1. Can fire twice per turn. Charging it allows you to fire two arrows per attack, four in one turn)
You have 11 arrows in your quiver (Attack power: 1)
There is one recoverable arrow near the Old Fortress Mound
You have an important scroll in a copper cylinder
You have about one hundred Hours

Archae raises his eyebrow, and speaks through his slime impulsively.

"What? Hello?"

The woman looks in your direction.
"Why hello! I found it humorous that you found your way this deep into my library, and yet you still act as if undiscovered. This is a nervous center. Thousands of souls live here, and I notice every disturbance. But come now, I don't expect you to understand beings such as I on your first encounter."
The woman walks closer, passing through the filaments. Her gossamer dress now flourishes and drags across the floor, being much longer than her feet.
"That said, you are a curious one. How did you get here? Iris would have found you. He keeps watch over every level."

The multitude of eyes begins closing until only one is left, a particularly large one. The woman approaches it and kneels, putting one hand on top of the eye. Its pupil remains fixated on you, so it definitely doesn't feel pain like a human eye would.

You have a green poison slime with Paralysis

You remember a red, blue, and a green spell-slime (weak)

You have a red resonance crystal.

You have a spiny walking stick (Attack power: (attacking head) 2, (attacking other parts) 1)
You have a silversteel falchion (Attack power: (on odd swings) 3, (on even swings) 2)
You remember your time in the wilderness well
You have some sandwiches and citrus
You have a Sprite Trap, labelled with the words "Samantha Magdelene, professor at U.T"
You have seventy-five Hours

"Klein, can you help me with this? Do you see any woman in crimson, old buddy?" Leonhard scritched the cat behind his ears as he continued to search for the dame the voice had told him about. If he didn't find her, then it'd probably be the voice's loss. The mercenary wasn't exactly in the habit of taking mysterious voices coming from crystals seriously.

Continue searching for said woman. Enlist the astrologers' assistance if I continue to fail.

[1][3] As if you've struck some sensitive nerve somehow, Klein screeches and runs off into the dressing room.

Your head is sunburned (1)

You have a Zweihänder slung on your shoulder (Attack power: 4) (can only be used offensively every other turn)
You have a Katzbalger (Attack power: 2)
You have an arquebus (Attack power: 3) (Your opponent gets an extra positive die to dodge)
You are wearing light plate armor (incoming attacks lose 1 attack power if over 1)
You have about one hundred and fifty Hours

action unchanged

Efa's deep sleep seems to be animating the clothing fibers. They first loosen, then unravel into tiny fibers, and then they move, like tiny snakes or worms, toward Efa's head.

The fibers arrange themselves into the shape of a cap like Efa's old one, forming something that looks a lot like a rice hat. Finally, the rice hat changes to a red color and grows white spots, melding into one contiguous, almost chitinous headpiece.

Just as the transformation settles and Efa begins to stir, a screeching cat comes out of nowhere and climbs on top of Efa's torso. Efa's arm moves though she doesn't seem to be fully awake yet, and she actually starts petting the animal.

Efa's cap is destroyed (no longer absorbs damage)

It is the 5th hour after noon. Ash is blazing even brighter in the azure sky, burning all exposed objects and adding +1 to all die in a thoughtform roll.
Expected end of Ashstorm: 7th hour.  (Next hour: Turn 42)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 01:23:04 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 40)
« Reply #429 on: August 22, 2015, 04:21:32 am »

action PM'd

((looks like Efa gets to meet another PC soon!))

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: August 24, 2015, 10:41:37 pm »

"I don't know how he didn't see me either. I just glided down from the top through these holes. Do you have a name I can call you by?"

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: August 25, 2015, 01:12:54 am »

"I don't know how he didn't see me either. I just glided down from the top through these holes. Do you have a name I can call you by?"

"Holes? You mean the stairwells? Most curious, indeed. Perhaps he didn't check the most obvious paths.

I am the keeper of this land. The few to whom I have revealed myself refer to me as the Lady of Winter, but it is soon spring. Thenceforth I shall be known as the Lady of Spring."

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: August 25, 2015, 03:55:47 am »

"Then are you the one who called me here?"

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: August 25, 2015, 05:36:02 am »

"Then are you the one who called me here?"

She gives a brisk nod, and gives no other words. Her expression still betrays a sense of confusion, oddly human for a "keeper of this land." Then again, she never explicitly stated what she was.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: August 25, 2015, 03:09:35 pm »

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Leonhard grunts and runs after his cat, the noise caused by the friction between his leather-and-cloth attire and the metal of his armor preceding his arrival. "Klein, I didn't offend you! Come on, buddy don't be silly." He skids slightly upon arriving at the front of the room his cat got into. Knowing better than getting into unwanted trouble like in some bad book, he knocked instead of just following right after his pet. "Hey, 'scuse me. My cat got inside the room, can I just get him?"
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 40