Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40

Author Topic: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 55)  (Read 89214 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 37)
« Reply #405 on: August 10, 2015, 02:24:59 am »

((this is interesting, I wonder what Efa's next move is...))
I wait.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 10, 2015, 11:29:15 am »

Character Name: De-Tariam Kogor
Place of Origin: Skal, from the town Skalaton
Bio: De-Tariam grew up in a small town, and his parents were heretics, so obviously he was branded a heretic.  He didn't like that so he ran away, but he forgot to take food, and water, he had a knife but he had never killed something before.  He survived for a week before he was found by Gires, a master of the Nereithas thoughtform discipline.  He said De-Tariam had skill for it but he would have to earn the right to learn from him.  Gires fed him and clothed him, taught him how to hunt and about the earth and after a week he took De-Tariam out into a forest, one without too many wild animals and left him there, with just the clothes he had on his back and a knife.  Needless to say De-Tariam survived and prospered.  When Gires came back De-Tariam had a house with stores of food and water.  Gires was impressed, not that he showed it, and taught De-Tariam about his particular sect of thoughtform.  After 5 years he sent De-Tariam off into the world to make a name for himself, not caring for any of the religions, De-Tariam headed for the imperial province looking to find work.
Specialties: Nereithas, surviving off the land, dodging and hunting are what he's good at while dealing with religious people and he loves a good drink
Preferred Starting Situation: De-Tariam will be in an inn getting drunk and maybe passing out to crazy dreams.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 10, 2015, 02:50:59 pm »

Bio: De-Tariam grew up in a small town, and his parents were heretics, so obviously he was branded a heretic.

((Heretics are only really problematic if they actively tried to spread heresy. In this setting, if you don't actively preach heresy the Church doesn't usually bat an eye. There's better things to be doing than eradicating every last trace of heresy in a setting where the existence of magic constantly spawns new ones.))

Specialties: Nereithas, surviving off the land, dodging and hunting are what he's good at while dealing with religious people and he loves a good drink

((I'm not 100% what that means. Does your character argue a lot?))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 10, 2015, 03:08:55 pm »

Well he doesn't care for religion too much so if they try to preach to him it angers him and he has a hard time talking with them.
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 10, 2015, 03:41:05 pm »

Well he doesn't care for religion too much so if they try to preach to him it angers him and he has a hard time talking with them.

Alright, I just needed to know.

Waiting on Caellath, Pancaek, and Pencil

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 33)
« Reply #410 on: August 10, 2015, 10:11:19 pm »

Leonhard grunts. Those were supposed to be a couple of days off. "Someone's talking to me through the crystal. Saying I 'must find a woman with a scarlet robe at the palace' and that if I help her, she will take me to the 'Lake of Dreams'." He then stares at the two scholarly madmen close to him. "Any ideas?"

Start talking about that mission, then. I have time until I get there. He still doesn't seem willing to just take a 'mission' without any further information to go with it.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 10, 2015, 10:37:11 pm »

The scholars speak. Their voices match their mouth movements, but all other sounds seem muted.

Marco: That explains your--
Angstrom: Ha, I told you buddy! Anyhow, we can get you into the palace no problem, least later that is. There's a nobility fair going on. 'Less you got noble blood, there's usually no getting inside at this hour.
Marco: That is not necessarily true, I have been acquainted with lowborn plutocrats and they too received invitations to the Kaiserin's monthly fairs. In addition, the man said he was invited.
Angstrom: Okay checkmate. Just tell us when the crystal stops speaking into your head.

After they finish, the voice returns.

Voice: Very well. As you are aware, the empire of the Min started conquering neighboring territories just decades ago. They aim to establish total dominance of trade, and therefore, the spread of ideas. At this time, they do not engage in mass reeducation of conquered peoples. However, there is a growing movement in the Min hierarchy, among the nobles and elites, holding ideals of total cultural dominance. They want, essentially, to force the conquered peoples to speak Min, to act like Min, and to submit their lives to Dao for the glory of the state. My predictions say they will be fully successful if we do not act.

A faint hum overtakes the audio feed momentarily. ((Imagine radio static))

Voice: The Min navy already outclasses the whole of the Arinthian navy, plus its vassals. There is no organized effort that can be made, not without revealing my identity to the powers that be. And even then, the Min will be quick to crush any rebellion and establish strict controls of trade, making any vector of attack impossible. Whoever rules the waves rules this world. The Min are not yet strong enough to invade Arinthia by land, but once they starve the empire out through blockades and coastal raids, their victory shall be assured. And once the Min have acquired total dominance of the world's culture, humanity will be subject to... a force beyond comprehension. You will all be slaves.
But hope is not lost, for you will have my strength. I have five crystals, two damaged so that they only work to deposit thoughts, and not to receive. Since I cannot configure the crystals to their recipients without them being directly present, I have brought them to my castle through other means, so that they may retrieve the crystals. I will guide you to an end to surpass all worldly empires.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 10:42:47 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 10, 2015, 11:05:27 pm »

They .

They .

They .

:P

Archae puzzles over these words, and is quite confused about them. While he does this, he tries to float down the hole, from floor to floor, and attempts to find whatever punched through the floors.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 33)
« Reply #413 on: August 10, 2015, 11:34:42 pm »

"It just gave me a creepy prediction of the future. Well, I was invited to the palace so it's as good a time as any. Follow me if you want then." Leonhard shrugs.

To the palace as appropriate.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 38)
« Reply #414 on: August 13, 2015, 01:33:46 am »

Roll 38

"Well, an ominous black castle on a coast of a serene lake, in a swamp, with pristine green plants around. Definitely an important place."

Head to the entrance of the castle and knock on the door/drawbridge/entrance.

As you approach the castle gate after a short walk across the black sand beach, Lily tugs on your shoulder from behind. "Look this way!"
You turn around. She ran up to you, her evanescent wings spread far and wide in the air of the lake. They appear almost transparent, a soft green, slightly reflective in the ashlight.
(5+1)(6+1)She holds two potions in leather flasks. One of them she unplugs and swings your way, spilling the potion all over you. The burns on your skin fade away, and start to glow a healthy green afterward.
"There were materials I needed in the reeds. Now I got them, so I hope you don't mind me helping out."
(4+1)(2+1) She treats Wilhelm next, then backs off.
"This is where I belong. I protected you from the sprites. But I have no place in my Lady's castle. See you soon!"

The castle gate does not immediately respond to your knocking. After some time, however, a great eye like the one you saw before appears on the door, followed by many smaller eyes. It looks somewhat disquieting.
The door of many eyes opens, as does the door to the keep, revealing a dark hallway lined with shining glimmers on either side.

((See next post))

Your whole body is protected by some sort of green glow, visible in the dark (-1)

You have a stack of spell tome pages and a black cover

You have a bloodied ceremonial dagger (Attack power: 3) (attaches to target and Drains it, suppressing it) (remembering a memory teleports this weapon to your hand)

You have a Beech Javelin (Attack power: 3 (thrown), 1 (stab))
You have 10 Javelin memories (lucid)
You have about thirty Hours
You have a royal goblet, a golden watch, and some jewelry

You remember the Lady of Winter
You remember a giant eye
You remember many pixies
You remember a band of Arinthian soldiers and some bandits
You remember a bandit sinking into the ground

The castle, should you choose to enter, begins with a hall of mirrors, lit by torches that light as soon as you enter. The mirrors to either side reflect each other, giving the appearance of two endless tunnels, with infinitely many copies of yourself eventually fading into the distance.
The mirrors are continuous, and line the halls as one large strip from toe to ceiling. The torches are evenly spaced, about three meters from each other, and continue on only a short distance, becoming lit only when you step forward into range.

You hear a faint scratching noise if you walk, but nothing seems to react to your presence immediately.

You have a schematic of an iron arrow trap

You have a steel axe (Attack power: 1) (Deals piercing damage if the attack connects but fails to pierce)
You have an iron mace (Attack power: 2) (If the target has less than 2 damage, deals piercing damage)

You have a charged large greatbow (Attack power: 3 (charged), 1 (uncharged)) (charging takes one turn of preparation)
You have an uncharged Quickbow (Attack power: 1. Can fire twice per turn. Charging it allows you to fire two arrows per attack, four in one turn)
You have 11 arrows in your quiver (Attack power: 1)
There is one recoverable arrow near the Old Fortress Mound
You have an important scroll in a copper cylinder
You have about one hundred Hours

"It just gave me a creepy prediction of the future. Well, I was invited to the palace so it's as good a time as any. Follow me if you want then." Leonhard shrugs.

To the palace as appropriate.

You slip out of your cloak, noticing it wet with a slimy translucent substance similar to the cloak material itself, but liquefied. Twisting into a knot and applying torque causes droplets of the stuff to drip down. The cloak is noticeably lighter and more flexible after the maneuver. It was also getting quite soggy beforehand, so much that it would have stained your clothes had you not done it.

[5][1] However, making the trip to the castle, you feel an itch on your neck which you realize you can only investigate once you go indoors. A guard at the inner gates, wearing cloaks of dark, purplish material with a veil-like covering over the face, hold up his hand to stop you. After a short while, however, he holds up his thumb and allows you to pass.

Upon entering the castle you realize that you've got a minor sunburn on your neck. It looks like the cloak is losing its effectiveness. Angstrom got a similar burn on his forehead as well.

The palace doors open from outside to a set of inner doors, protected by two guards in royal dress underneath a similar dark purple cloak as the one at the gate. They open the inner doors in unison as the outer ones swing shut, and release you into the middle of what seems to be...
...a giant party.

Uneven golden lamplight brings out the brightest in crimson hues on the wallpaper, which shows fantastical designs of unicorns and narwhals from the north, leaping from the waves and spearing silhouettes running across a field. A single grand chandelier hangs from the top of the rotunda above, piercing three floors through a large circular gap in the checkered marble, cordoned off by guardrails. It holds many candles, each hand-lit, or so the children are taught.
There are nobles from across the realm present, some talking, some dancing under spotlights roaming across the floor--blazing gaslamps focused by mirrors and turned by children in tuxedos from the upper floor.
There are also scores of extravagant dishes on two long tables to each side. There are no chairs at the table, but there are standing tables all over near the walls, with white surfaces and black stools in pairs.

To your side is a familiar face. The duchess from the street reclines against a wall, her eyes dour and almost gloomy. You become the subject of her gaze only briefly, for she gets up and starts heading toward the great stairs up ahead, wide as three horses toe-to-toe.

You hear music from beyond the great stairs, though muffled by a wall.

Angstrom says something. Marco nods.
Angstrom: Over there. It's Hippie!

They step over to meet a fellow astronomer, gorging himself on poultry at a table. The man is a rotund fellow, with stout arms and a great belly somehow held in check by his uniform. Before him, at the table, is a chart of constellations written in ink blue as the azure dawn.

Your head is sunburned (1)

You have a black Cloak of Ash (protects against Ashlight and fire)

You have a Zweihänder slung on your shoulder (Attack power: 4) (can only be used offensively every other turn)
You have a Katzbalger (Attack power: 2)
You have an arquebus (Attack power: 3) (Your opponent gets an extra positive die to dodge)
You are wearing light plate armor (incoming attacks lose 1 attack power if over 1)
You have about one hundred and fifty Hours

Archae puzzles over these words, and is quite confused about them. While he does this, he tries to float down the hole, from floor to floor, and attempts to find whatever punched through the floors.

((Eeps. I don't think I meant to continue that sentence.))

You leap off, dashing across the gap one floor at a time. The wings serve you well, although you do get this strange urge to preen yourself after a few rounds. In fact, it is surprising how satisfying it is to run your teeth down your feathers and straighten them out.

The hole has the same diameter all the way through--hardly characteristic of a cave-in. No, it had to be an object rigid enough to punch through and keep its momentum. It keeps going down... and down... and down... forty floors! At this point the books on the walls seem to contain nothing but word salad. But you're not done yet. It is only until you travel one hundred floors below ground level that you reach a semblance of a floor. Down here the books are just gibberish, interspersed by unreadable glyphs made with marks far too fine to replicate by human hand.

At the bottom of the you find a slate monolith standing two men in height and as wide as the hole, embedded in the cobble floor of the unusually tall basement. Here there are no lights, and the light from above is dim even with Ash raging above. It seems only prudent to remove the cloak.
There seems to be a fog in the air, along with a pungent odor that smells of something burnt... like burnt metal more than anything else.

Darkness surrounds you, although all around you there are dimly glittering streamers made of some flexible material. When your wings brush against it, you see a transient flash reflected behind you, soon fading back to darkness. There are thousands of these streamers, forming a dense forest that is difficult to walk through.

And yet despite the silence, you see a faint figure dressed in white, scarecely visible from the fog. It's a creature... no, a woman, with a great trail of snow-white hair behind her, treading lightly parting the streamers with a single arm wrapped in loose white fabric. She looks like a ghost, her features hidden by fog. And yet an uneasy feeling comes upon you, as if you are being watched.

You have a pair of wings and a lightened body (+1 Negative Dice to melee combat)

You have a black Cloak of Ash (protects against Ashlight and fire)
You have a green poison slime with Paralysis

You remember a red, blue, and a green spell-slime (weak)

You have a red resonance crystal.

You have a spiny walking stick (Attack power: (attacking head) 2, (attacking other parts) 1)
You have a silversteel falchion (Attack power: (on odd swings) 3, (on even swings) 2)
You remember your time in the wilderness well
You have some sandwiches and citrus
You have a Sprite Trap, labelled with the words "Samantha Magdelene, professor at U.T"
You have seventy-five Hours

((this is interesting, I wonder what Efa's next move is...))
I wait.

The princess lets Efa sit down on a bench. The doctor glances over, sees no blood, and returns to his work, picking out corked vials and beakers from a drawer.
Meanwhile, an orange-faced boy with long, golden curls of hair walks past in the direction of the stage, twirling a sword around hit. He appears to yawn, but you realize that he's not yawning because he is tired; his head is tilted far up, as if he is loosening his neck muscles. The sword is for swallowing.
Somehow, that makes the purpose of the infirmary much more apparent.

Princess: "Tell me, what happened to you?"
Efa: It's... it's a burn from the suns. I was looking up at the sky as it came, and the sudden flash of light left my head scalded. But this is my job! I have to put food on the table, I couldn't just abandon my role at the last moment, they'll have my lowborn neck.
But the pain! Ah, it was so much, I couldn't handle it. I had to run upstairs and cover my head. Even my eyes hurt. You have no idea how bad it was! Now my hair is falling out and I can't even shut my eyes under these bandages. It's so horrible!

Princess: I'm so sorry! Up here in the mountains... well... the air is thinner, or so say the Astrologers. The First Cry is all it takes to get a nasty burn like that. That's why we wear hats outside...
So I presume you are a foreigner? Sorry to inquire during your pain, but I am curious to know.

Efa: I come from over the great desert, a showmaiden in an Elvish court--they tend to pay better. But one day a member of the royal family saw my performance, and he offered me a a ride up the river. That's how I got here.
Princess: The sorrows you must face, even though none of this was your fault! Don;t worry, I'll make sure
She puts on a pleasant smile and wipes a tear off her brow before twirling and making her way back. But instead of turning right to return backstage, she turns left, leading outside the theater area.

Behind you are the dressing rooms and costume racks, currently unwatched. The infirmary is occupied solely by the doctor and his barely-conscious patient. All the way up ahead is a galley with open doors. A man over the counter twirls a lump of dough over his head, stretching it into a flat disc. In front of him are three strongmen still in costume. Their demands seem to be giving the chef quite a lot of stress.

Efa's cap is destroyed (no longer absorbs damage)

It is the 5th hour after noon. Ash is blazing even brighter in the azure sky, burning all exposed objects and adding +1 to all die in a thoughtform roll.
Expected end of Ashstorm: 7th hour.  (Next hour: Turn 42)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 02:17:20 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 13, 2015, 11:53:30 am »

Woman with the crimson robe, right?

Begin searching for said woman.
>Yes?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 13, 2015, 12:25:10 pm »

I whisper to Efa:
"Interesting plan."
and I watch for Efa's next move.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 15, 2015, 01:36:15 pm »

"Thank you for aiding us Lily." This castle looks... unsettling. But we've gone all this way, might as well get this out of the way.

Cautiously walk down the hall of the keep.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 15, 2015, 04:14:35 pm »

Give Lily an awkward parting smile. Follow Zikal, but keep looking around for danger.

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 15, 2015, 07:05:50 pm »

Archae cautiously keeps to the shadows, and transforms back into his normal form, filing the his flying form away in the depths of his mind. He meanwhile keeps a lookout for anything the women does, and tries to move into a more secure hiding place.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 40