Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 40

Author Topic: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 55)  (Read 89240 times)

H4zardZ1

• Bay Watcher
  • Mostly Harmless
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 35)
« Reply #390 on: July 26, 2015, 05:27:47 am »

Quote from: Title
(Turn 35)
Quote from: This turn
Roll 37

Quote from: Rock
Quote from: Comrade Qwasich
Stop bullying children
I can't
I have to bully children
Sigtext and other things

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 35)
« Reply #391 on: July 26, 2015, 08:38:36 pm »

Quote from: Title
(Turn 35)
Quote from: This turn
Roll 37

((Thank you for point that out. Fixed.))
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 37)
« Reply #392 on: July 29, 2015, 11:29:47 pm »

"Er, sorry Bovril!"

Adjust my riding stance and follow up behind Wilhelm, taking Lily with me. Ask her about the sprites.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 01:07:29 am by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 30, 2015, 05:15:57 am »

stick with the group, enjoy this moment of relative peace by looking around a bit

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: August 03, 2015, 12:02:11 am »

((Bump for Caellath and Pencil_Art, who has been missing for a while unfortunately.))

Pencil_Art

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 03, 2015, 12:33:53 am »

Hallo. Sorry for not posting, and I am still here.

Archae attempts to identify what kind of library this was from the books. Informational, Fictional, or both?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: August 04, 2015, 02:12:49 am »

((back))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 05, 2015, 12:05:40 am »

Roll 37

"Er, sorry Bovril!"

Adjust my riding stance and follow up behind Wilhelm, taking Lily with me. Ask her about the sprites.

[4][5] Lily: The sprites seerve me. Watch.

He pulls a flower from her hair and tosses it carelessly toward the swamp. She misses, but a cloud of sprites comes out anyway and lifts the flower off the mud, returning it to her hand and lingering around her.

Lily: They have the capacity of mind alteration. But I have an obligation to you for protecting me against vile magic, the only thing that can really hurt me. So I will keep them off of you. I presume the Lady wants you to enter her castle, where I am not allowed. But I'll be outside if you need me.

Your whole body is burned (1)

You have a stack of spell tome pages and a black cover

You have a bloodied ceremonial dagger (Attack power: 3) (attaches to target and Drains it, suppressing it) (remembering a memory teleports this weapon to your hand)

You have a Beech Javelin (Attack power: 3 (thrown), 1 (stab))
You have 10 Javelin memories (lucid)
You have about thirty Hours
You have a royal goblet, a golden watch, and some jewelry

You remember the Lady of Winter
You remember a giant eye
You remember many pixies
You remember a band of Arinthian soldiers and some bandits
You remember a bandit sinking into the ground

stick with the group, enjoy this moment of relative peace by looking around a bit
The muddy swamp borders the sandy beach, and on the other side along a small cove in the sand there is a black castle built in some ancient style, with three turrets capped by a conic steeple, two tall, one short. The fourth turret must have fallen long ago, as have most of the flying buttresses holding up the outer wall, but there still remains a few, and the whole thing has not yet collapsed so far.

In the swamp, there are reeds and dead stumps covered in fungus. The fungus seems to be the source of the Sprites in the swamp, who emerge from the gills like spores. They act as fireflies, illuminating the dark corners of the swamp.

Somehow, even though there is no canopy above the lake, and the blazing cloudless sky is visible clearly, the light of Ash does not burn you. The swamp is full of green plants, free of thorns and teal coatings. Next to you is a small tree with plump fan-like leaves, that looks extremely fragile. No way it would survive away from here.

Your whole body is burned (1)
Your left arm is bruised (1)

You have a schematic of an iron arrow trap

You have a steel axe (Attack power: 1) (Deals piercing damage if the attack connects but fails to pierce)
You have an iron mace (Attack power: 2) (If the target has less than 2 damage, deals piercing damage)

You have a charged large greatbow (Attack power: 3 (charged), 1 (uncharged)) (charging takes one turn of preparation)
You have an uncharged Quickbow (Attack power: 1. Can fire twice per turn. Charging it allows you to fire two arrows per attack, four in one turn)
You have 11 arrows in your quiver (Attack power: 1)
There is one recoverable arrow near the Old Fortress Mound
You have an important scroll in a copper cylinder
You have about one hundred Hours

Leonhard insists on the matter, offering the crystal to Marco. "Wanna investigate what it was used for? Might be useful information." he says, before turning to Angstrom. "There's an audience with the Kaiserin I was invited to. Should probably be there just to check out exactly what it's about, I wasn't given too much in the way of detail."

As you hand the crystal to Marco, it warms up in your hand to the point where it becomes too hot to hold.
Marco: I'm trying to tell you something.

You then realize it wasn't Marco that said it at all. It was much higher-pitched, a woman's voice. You didn't actually hear what Marco said. Angstrom also seems to be talking, but no voice issues forth.
Strange Voice: You must find a woman with a scarlet robe at the palace. She wants her own audience with the Kaiserin. If you help her, she will take you to the Lake of Dreams. We can discuss things there.

You have a black Cloak of Ash (protects against Ashlight and fire)

You have a Zweihänder slung on your shoulder (Attack power: 4) (can only be used offensively every other turn)
You have a Katzbalger (Attack power: 2)
You have an arquebus (Attack power: 3) (Your opponent gets an extra positive die to dodge)
You are wearing light plate armor (incoming attacks lose 1 attack power if over 1)
You have about one hundred and fifty Hours

Archae attempts to identify what kind of library this was from the books. Informational, Fictional, or both?

Swooping down (you are still transformed), you check out a few of the books on the floor and start reading them.

[2][8] The books are historical in nature. They . However, you can't help but notice random words, both Ost and Ont, generally sprinkled about throughout the text. It's rather disruptive.
A few faeries float about among the bookshelves, distributing themselves evenly. A whole torrent of them rushes out of the hole and all around into the shelves, past you. You hardly feel anything as they brush past, almost weightless.

You peer down over the edge of the hole. It's deep, and several meters across. Whatever punched through must have stayed intact even after breaking through layers upon layer of castle flooring. You see splintered wooden planks and supports all across the rim of the hole.

You have a pair of wings and a lightened body (+1 Negative Dice to melee combat)

You have a black Cloak of Ash (protects against Ashlight and fire)
You have a green poison slime with Paralysis

You remember a red, blue, and a green spell-slime (weak)

You have a red resonance crystal.

You have a spiny walking stick (Attack power: (attacking head) 2, (attacking other parts) 1)
You have a silversteel falchion (Attack power: (on odd swings) 3, (on even swings) 2)
You remember your time in the wilderness well
You have some sandwiches and citrus
You have a Sprite Trap, labelled with the words "Samantha Magdelene, professor at U.T"
You have seventy-five Hours

"Yes, but you'll have to trust me."
"I can gift you with flight, but I can take it away as well. Are you willing to risk yourself in the sky to my whims?"
If she says yes, then PMing action

Efa: I suppose I trust you this far...

Efa sprouts a pair of great wings resembling those ofa bat or dragon. Their surface is sleek and dark, yet unnaturally bright with a dull glow that illuminates nothing.
Efa: I am not well-practiced in this sort of thing. But I suppose you are. Lead the way.

You both make your way up the stairs of the cathedral, all the way up to some balcony perched over the edge, overlooking the vast courtyard overgrown with teal grass, as well as the palace which marks your destination.

[5][2] You touchdown roughly atop a turret, Efa landing on all fours rather than like a dignified human being. However, she recovers quickly and you are now able to enter the palace through an open hatch [5][6] that someone left conveniently open for you.

The stone inside the shaft is not painted with the Ashstorm-resistant gel, and so the ladder glows warm with heat. [1][1] It is a metal ladder, so the whole thing is hot, not just the top part exposed to Ash. Efa solves the problem however by just taking off a small amount of the bandage wrapping her head and protecting her hands with it. Burning her special Ash-resistant robe would not be advantageous.

Should you drop down with her, you will find a hallway lined with sword racks and quivers stacked against the walls. In one direction is a passage leading to some barracks, while the other direction has a stairwell leading to the bulk of the castle.

Efa's cap is destroyed (no longer absorbs damage)

It is the 5th hour after noon. Ash is blazing even brighter in the azure sky, burning all exposed objects and adding +1 to all die in a thoughtform roll.
Expected end of Ashstorm: 7th hour.  (Next hour: Turn 42)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 01:39:54 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 05, 2015, 05:43:24 am »

I wait and see where Efa decides to go. She's the leader on this.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 33)
« Reply #399 on: August 05, 2015, 06:41:35 pm »

((Sorry, I think I miscounted turns and though the game hadn't actually moved any.))

First of all, why should I do that, miss? Discuss what and why? I don't intend to sound rude, but I'm not the one looking for that Lake of Dreams. Leonhard tries to communicate back, first with thoughts and if that fails, with his voice.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Pastblasters - Adventures in Wizardry (Turn 33)
« Reply #400 on: August 05, 2015, 11:15:21 pm »

First of all, why should I do that, miss? Discuss what and why? I don't intend to sound rude, but I'm not the one looking for that Lake of Dreams. Leonhard tries to communicate back, first with thoughts and if that fails, with his voice.

The thinking communication seems to have worked, for the voice responds immediately. So quickly, in fact, you'd think the speaker... er... thinker knew exactly what you were going to say and had prepared a response ahead of time.

Voice: Because you are free, competent, and I have already matched the crystal to your thoughtpatterns. I would have made my motives clear to you beforehand, but that feline companion of yours complicated things...
I understand this is concerning for you, but there are callings in this world that must be attended to. The mission I have for you is more than just a job. We must break out of an attractor in the time-societal information matrix...

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 09, 2015, 12:36:02 am »

"Well, an ominous black castle on a coast of a serene lake, in a swamp, with pristine green plants around. Definitely an important place."

Head to the entrance of the castle and knock on the door/drawbridge/entrance.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

fillipk

• Bay Watcher
  • Everything is going as planned
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 09, 2015, 12:52:17 am »

((Is there a Waitlist or a spot open?))
Giving waitlisted people the ability to murder non-responsive players was a great idea. Need to do that more often.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 09, 2015, 02:37:24 am »

((Is there a Waitlist or a spot open?))

((Waitlist yes, but it seems Pencil_Art is still playing so there are no spots open. I'll add you to a waitlist in case anyone drops though.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 09, 2015, 08:33:54 pm »

((Bumpy. Also, I'm going to do a mini-action for Lenglon because I feel like writing atm.))

I wait and see where Efa decides to go. She's the leader on this.

Efa heads down the stairwell, on the lookout for signs of any living quarters or important offices. (1) (4) Inconveniently, the hallway is occupied, and together you two encounter a member of the royal family: A princess wearing extravagant dress, with her jet black hair tied in a bun. In her right hand she loosely holds a silver coronet, which she likely just wore. In her other hand she holds a silver cornet, with a chain made of olive leaflets hung from the bell. In the distance, you faintly hear an orchestra.

Though Efa still has her scarlet robe, it happens to be the color of blood and so there are no visible stains, despite the previous combat. Her head, on the other hand, is still wrapped in improvised bandage underneath the turban. The princess, looking concerned, sees Efa standing in the hall and reaches out to grab her hand.
"Oh my! You must need a doctor! Come, I will take you to the stage doctor. He is prepared for accidents."
Efa, doing her best impression of an Ontic accent, pretends to follow through. She croaks, "Yes, please do..."

The princess pulls on Efa's arm, leading her out into the backstage of an auditorium. A suited man sees her and salutes, pointing the way to the door. Apparently Efa looks grievously injured. You then see her other hand, the one that produced the knife (and is not being pulled by the princess) and see that it is indeed stained faintly with blood.

Along the way, the princess looks closely at Efa's bandaged head and asks, "How long were you wandering up there?"
"Not a long time, in fact. Thank you for helping, however. I am indebted to thee."

Together, you approach an area out in the halls behind the stage where performers, many of them foreign, are putting on their costumes and bodypaint. Right next to this area is an infirmary, where there is already one patient resting on a bed, breathing heavily, his skin seemingly painted orange.

(The princess kept the cornet with her all this time, and donned the coronet, freeing one hand.)
((Also, if you desire to stop at any point here, you can say so.))
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 08:35:43 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 40