Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15

Author Topic: Heretics of Hexland 3 - Turn Based Colonisation Game - Year 3 - Summer  (Read 20521 times)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Heretics of Hexland 3 - Turn Based Colonisation Game - Year 3 - Summer
« Reply #195 on: April 20, 2015, 04:41:48 pm »

Expand 26
Expand 50
Expand 27

Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 20, 2015, 05:36:47 pm »

*music begins*

The Cobalt Warders pour into Trefoil lake, ethereal feet pushing off of icy waters fed by mountain snowmelt. Those mountains echo their battlecry from the holdings of the Divine Swarm clear to the ocean.

"Charging their lines with the force of a furious storm!
Fast as the lightning, phantoms swarm!"

They race southward, fueled by the life force drawn from withering fields, barreling towards lands which have once more felt the touch of necromancy. Lands held by an aberrant branch of Heterodoxy, mad monks corrupted by the dark arts.

"Two hundred miles at sunrise- taken before the day
Thus earning the name, earning the fame"

Long ago, when he was still mortal, the Captain of the Cobalt Warders had fancied himself something of a gardener. That peaceful discipline had dovetailed nicely with his studies of the martial arts; killing and combat, strategy and tactics. As he leads this charge, one of his mentor's lessons is at the front of his thoughts; the story of the Tall Poppy.

The Tall Poppy gets cut down.

"We are the Cobalt elite! Born to compete! Never retreat! Ghost division!
Living or dead, always ahead, fed by your dread! Ghost division!"

The Geistkrieg rages out of the water, howling up the beaches towards the enslaved masses of the Accord of Unity. Poult slavemasters cease directing the care of crops close to city limits to gape at the invaders before being struck down by apparitions who manifest only long enough for a spectral blade to strike home. A ragged cheer from the other slaves is cut short when they too are cut down like animals, their bright, energy-rich blood spilling on the soil. The crops wither to dust, their energy going to fuel the ghostly charge as they run amok through the city streets. Here and there shouts and flashes of golden energy mark where apprentice dark mages- thralls to the Necromancer now joined with the new Accord- see the ghosts coming and jump to the Ethereal plane, resisting the Warders on their own turf. Though they score their share of kills, the ghosts have trained for this sort of warfare for hundreds of years.

Soon the city is in ruins, the life of the citizens joining the life of their fields in the frenzy of the ghostly attack, pouring southward. They kill and bleed the land, leaving dust and rubble in their wake. As the sun rises, however, their hold on the material plane grows weaker, more difficult to maintain. The Captain turns his command homeward to see to the defense of their own lands. He makes detailed note of the terrain as they pass; war will come again, and next time they will not have the element of surprise.

AP: 5

Raze 87, 46 (AP:7)
Expand 86, 99 (AP:3)
Conquer 112 (AP:1)
Raze 112 (AP:2)
Conquer 125, Raze 125 (AP:2)
Conquer 124, Raze 124 (AP:2)
Conquer 138, Raze 138 (AP:2)
Expand 87 (AP:1)
Co-Opt Beetleswarm (Attackers lose 1 extra pop) (AP:0)

cerapa Pop: 5

EDIT: typo
EDIT2: I AM BAD AT MATH
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 09:00:30 pm by monk12 »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 20, 2015, 08:42:10 pm »

I think you may have done those in the wrong order, Monk...you can't very well take 124 without taking 125 first.

Your AP is also off. Takes 1 action to conquer 112, 1 to raze it, which leaves you with 3 actions remaining once more.

So after all of that, you could still either continue conquering, or take two additional actions, since you have them left over.

But on a different note...

"We have come far."

Murmurs of agreement follow this simple statement of fact.

"We have prospered in these lands, and for the past two years, we have been free of the Ocean's grip. The grounds here are fertile, and we have dispersed the lakes to water our fields and feed our homes."

A few snarls greeted the mention of their self-bound nemesis, though they quieted quickly as the onlookers began to be drawn in by their council leader's voice.

"Only our Outpost in the North, keeping watch over the waves' invasion of the land, need be reminder of our dark past. And so only it has remembered! We have forgotten what brought us here! We have forgotten why we have come! We did not swim through Foulest Sea, risking damnation and corruption in the water's grasp, to grow fat and content!"

Riled, a mixture of shouts of denial and condemnation of the salted waters they hated so burst forth. Once the crowd had quieted some, the elder continued, a gleam in his eye.

"And so, we have decided, as a whole, that it is time for the next test of our abilities. To the south lie more incursions of the sea into sanctified lands. We have found our predisposition for the waters to be to our own great advantage in transporting them. Once cleansed of salt, we may bend the waters to our will, and so we have. Salt and sea are not meant to be conjoined! It is foul, and this is assured, for none may drink of it and come away more healthy than before! None save we, the blasted and damned children of the abhorred Leviathan. NOW! Now, my kin, my brethren, my sisters; now we strike our first blow against the hell-spewn waters! To the South, we begin our preparations! I call for volunteers to undertake this mission, to risk damnation in the cavernous seas of Hell itself, to keep our future generations safe from this menace!"

As a great cry went up, the elder, councilman, and high priest smiled to himself. The people were faithful.

And as the summer crept on, the promise was followed through; these were merfolk motivated by belief, unwavering and unbroken, despite their hesitance to return to their hated enemy's embrace, for however brief a time. They would be needed home for the harvest, but for the moment, they swam, and the merfolk swam over sea, to land and sea again, setting up what preparations they could for the coming retribution, before turning back, heading home in hopes of reaching their families before the harvest.

Trade could soon begin with the Babelians, whom they had happily negotiated peace with, some months ago. They may be surprised to find the merfolk on their back door, but conquest had no place in their minds, not now. Spilt blood only fed the Great Enemy, and weakened all those who stood on the side of Blessed Land and Lake.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 20, 2015, 08:59:00 pm »

I think you may have done those in the wrong order, Monk...you can't very well take 124 without taking 125 first.

Your AP is also off. Takes 1 action to conquer 112, 1 to raze it, which leaves you with 3 actions remaining once more.

So after all of that, you could still either continue conquering, or take two additional actions, since you have them left over.

True, 124 and 125 should be flip flopped, but 112 does take 2 actions since there's a river in the way.

Though actually... yeah, shit, I have an extra action in there; I forgot the action refund from that first Raze. I suppose I'll append an Expand back into 87 then.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 24, 2015, 10:19:50 am »

Looks like we're waiting on Peradon?

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 24, 2015, 10:33:46 am »

Nope, I already did my turn...
Expand 26
Expand 50
Expand 27

Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 24, 2015, 10:45:23 am »

Sorry for not being on the ball with this, will roll on to the next turn a bit later today.

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 24, 2015, 10:50:41 am »

Nope, I already did my turn...
Expand 26
Expand 50
Expand 27

Ah, so you did. It must be Persus slowing us down then. I think the pre-posted actions may have screwed him up a bit.

Sorry for not being on the ball with this, will roll on to the next turn a bit later today.

I'm assuming the latter half of the players are waiting on the people ahead of them to post in this landgrabby season, possibly coupled with confusion about who is actually on the clock.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 24, 2015, 11:12:19 am »

Yeah, its me, I've been really busy and trying to figure out what I wanted to do was hard.

Expand 160,161,174

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 24, 2015, 08:01:06 pm »

So now Toaster is up.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 28, 2015, 09:12:19 am »

Just skip me; I think I've lost the thread on this one and don't want to delay it any more.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 28, 2015, 05:20:13 pm »

That's a shame.

OK. Urist, then Cerepa.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 28, 2015, 08:11:07 pm »

I can take over for Toaster for this turn, unless someone unaffiliated wants to step in, just until he feels he's ready to join us again. I've been pretty busy myself lately so I understand the feeling.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 28, 2015, 09:16:24 pm »

Sure, go for it.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher