Poll

Where should the main group go next?

Spite
- 1 (100%)
The University
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: The Department of Menace Eradication (A Sunless Sea FATE campaign) - IC thread  (Read 18411 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile

Right. What'd they say? John asked sullenly.
What is it with women and asking for directions?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile

"We should goooo... This way!" Kate points in the direction that is probably the one she heard.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Charles takes out his badge and looks at it for a few seconds. "Right! Forgot we had those. Useful thingies, they are..." He follows Kate and motions the others to follow too. "Onward!"

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

John shrugs and follows along

But seriously... What's Umbral?
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sir Charles performs an "eldritch" gesture with his hands. "My guess would be, something like Hocus Pocus."

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aw, Bloody hellfire. The only thing worse than fools that don't know what they's messing with, is bein the fools messing with Them fools!

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I think it has something to with the occult? I vaguely remember meeting with an Umbral something-or-other when I was designing a gun that could shoot ghosts."
Kate pauses for a second, stroking her chin in thought.
"Was it a gun that could harm ghosts, or a gun that could fire ghosts out of it?"

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

John nods as all of the pieces come together. Right. Semiotic. Umbral. Yep.
As his curiosity fades, he returns to his blank-eyed state, and begins picking at things upon the walls as they walk.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

The Papier-menāce

The officers head onwards in search of the Department of Umbral Symbology, which hopefully is some academic uptalk for semiotics, which in turn is uptalk for... something? Grammar? The group's pondering on the nature of uselessly nonspecific words is interrupted by screams!

"I told you this would happen! What did you expect you happen!?" a monocled gentleman who is not tall hobbled out of the double doors. Another monocled gentleman who is not short scrambled out behind. There was a papery rustle before the doors flung open, with tendrils made out of English gazettes grabbing hold of the gentleman who is not tall. He screamed again. "I'll get some water buckets!" the gentleman who is not short announced before running away from his cursing colleague, into the group. "Oh! Police! Help!" he pointed at the tentacled abomination coming out of the door. "Our academic papers came to life!"

Conflict Aspects:
Paperwork Demon
Narrow Hallway
Consumed Academic
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Roll for initiative.

Or stand and wait for it to resolve itself.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile

"... This isn't the first time I've had to deal with tentacles and academics..."
Roll for initiative?

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Stop, drop and Roll for intiative!

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

Turn order: Josephine, Charles, Ulgurk, Kaitlyn, John, Conall
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

Josephine was always the quiet one--this time, she was luckily very quiet enough that her focus was pretty easy to turn towards the source of danger. She mused that she'd be extra quiet in the future so as not to interrupt such delicate events from her notice.

Quickly getting her rifle in check, she ensured it was loaded and the firing mechanism was primed for a quick shot.
Now the only problem was getting past the numerous thesis papers and hitting the assignments instead...
The words were just so...similar.

((I'm totally inept in combat scenarios using the FATE mechanic so anyone correct me unless anything goes totally wrong!))
Shoot at the monsters!

[Possible Consequence: If I am liable to hit and break a lantern/oil lamp, causing a fire, that would be a nice help.]

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Told you it was 'Eldritch'! Damn academics toying with forces men weren't mean to know, like the occult." Groovington pauses. "And business management."

He gathers all his mental composure, and exclaims "but of course, the Department of Menace Eradication arrives to clean up all their mess. A few scribbled books are no match for us, for we have ignorance on our side!"

Sir Charles Groovington attempts to use his Rapport to give the team a Pep Talk for extra self-confidence and enthusiasm.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16