Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27

Author Topic: The Guardians: Night Four  (Read 28985 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
The Guardians: Night Four
« on: March 18, 2015, 10:00:10 pm »

Since time immemorial, the council of eleven has watched over our universe, guarding it from threats both internal and external.  These immortals, collectively known as the Guardians, have battled threats from beyond our realm, closing rifts between our universe and others.  Wielding the power of the first light of creation, they have driven back countless threats, and even death is not the end for a Guardian.  Slain Guardians reincarnate upon their seat in the council chamber, reborn from the same light that powers them.  Led by Guardian 4maskwolf, the most powerful wielder of the light, and Guardian Rhaken, their greatest tactician, the Guardians nurture sentient species, helping to nudge them along a more peaceful, contemplative path.

Then the event happened.

From the center of the Milky Way galaxy, a great darkness burst forth, engulfing everything in its path.  Before the Guardians could respond, the entire galaxy had been engulfed in darkness, snuffing out all life within it.  What had once been the home of humanity was now a void, a nothingness that consumed all light.  When the darkness stopped at the edge of the galaxy, the Guardians retreated to their council chamber to plan how to proceed.

The attack drove a schism in the Guardian Council.  Those who wished to fight back against the darkness, the Avengers, believed that this darkness could be destroyed just as every previous threat had been.  Those who wished to ward other galaxies against the darkness, known as the Protectors, believed that this darkness was too powerful, its influence too great, to fight directly.  They believed that by preventing it from spreading, the darkness would eventually die off on its own.

It had happened before that the Guardians disagreed over how to properly handle a threat, but this disagreement was worse.  Many times only the intervention of Guardians 4maskwolf and Rhaken prevented the arguments from coming to blows, as the sides became more and more polarized.  They watched in despair as the other Guardians argued, knowing that soon even they would be unable to control the situation.

Yes, as seems to be a trend for me, this is a bastard mod.  Very much a bastard mod, not a semi-bastard.  You have been warned.

Original game idea credit goes to Jiokuy, although I modified his original idea quite a bit.

Basic Player Rules:
No PMing anyone but me, the mod.
No quoting the mod in regard to PMs.  You may quote anything in the thread.  You may also paraphrase.
Hammers are not in effect.  Days last 72 hours, with one 24 hour extension available per day if voted for by more than half of the players.
Nights last 24 hours, please send in all of your night actions by that time.  I may end the night early if all night actions are sent in early.  If you do not wish to take a night action but have one available, please tell me you do not wish to take one.
Weekends count for 0 hours.
Please vote in Bold and Red

Basic Mod Rules:
Everything I say that isn't flavor text will be correct, barring any minor mistakes in counting.
All flavor text will be in italics.  Only flavor text will be in italics.
Any flavor may have hints in it.
All votecounts will be portrayed accurately and are available upon request.  All extension request counts will likewise be accurate.
All questions in the thread will be answered with flavor text, if at all.
I will not answer questions that are PM'd to me unless they are about your role.

Players [9/9]:
Guardian roo
Guardian Peradon
Guardian Deus Asmoth
Guardian Deathsword
Guardian TheDarkStar
Guardian flabort
Guardian origamiscienceguy
Guardian Dani
Guardian Playergamer

Replacement List [1/infinity]:
Persus13

Dead:
Guardian Rhaken, Arbitrator (Neutral) (Died N0)
Guardian origamiscienceguy Radiant Beacon (Guardian Protector)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2015, 07:05:13 pm by 4maskwolf »

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
Re: The Guardians: Council of 11 needed
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2015, 10:33:03 pm »

in if allowed
Or not it's cool.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2015, 10:35:37 pm »

in if allowed
Feel free, but first look up the definition of a bastard mod game and the differences that come with it.

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2015, 11:33:41 pm »

in if allowed
Feel free, but first look up the definition of a bastard mod game and the differences that come with it.
I'm used to reading an example of how bastardy the mod might be; posted by the mod themselves. But I'm fine with it. Non-information is info as well I guess whatever that means.
Or not it's cool.

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 12:44:38 am »

Hehehe... In.
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2015, 04:23:34 am »

In! More bastardry!
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2015, 08:47:35 am »

in if allowed
I'm used to reading an example of how bastardy the mod might be; posted by the mod themselves. But I'm fine with it. Non-information is info as well I guess whatever that means.
What information I'm sharing with the players is listed in the "rules about the mod" section of the rules: those are the rules that I, as the mod, have to abide by.  Anything else is fair game.

In! More bastardry!
Welcome aboard.

Hehehe... In.
Hehehe right back at you my good sir.

For those of you who may be on the fence: All the roles are pre-written, so you don't have to worry about me dropping the game on account of the roles.  I love to write flavor text, so that won't be a problem either.  So yeah, no dropping the game worries.  This is also the most polished of my bastard mods, so it is (relatively, given that it IS a bastard mod) balanced.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 08:54:32 am by 4maskwolf »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2015, 08:54:36 am »

Put me on the Replacement queue.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2015, 08:55:31 am »

Put me on the Replacement queue.
It is done.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2015, 10:43:36 am »

Bastard? In
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2015, 04:25:59 pm »

In.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2015, 01:11:12 pm »

* 4maskwolf is sad

No more signups :(

My last game went off well.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2015, 02:02:55 pm »

I can In again if you want. :P
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2015, 03:32:57 pm »

As can I.
Since 4mask is the mod, and not leaving bay12 after all, it makes me  :D
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2015, 03:36:42 pm »

Five more, then.  Sounds good.

flabort has been assigned his role... as has everyone else, since I already distributed the roles to each position slot using a random number generator.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 03:38:43 pm by 4maskwolf »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 27