Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Thieves and Demons (SG) Open for Criticism.  (Read 9496 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Thieves and Demons (SG)
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2015, 02:43:56 pm »

Hey, demon guy, if you want to stay hidden you should probably take the form of a normal human.

.....though....if you could say.....make yourself wings of fire that you can hide under a shirt or something. That would be great. Do the stereotypical angelic feathery wing design but made of a dark fire.

You could go on a rampage Instead but come on! My wing idea is aewsome.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2015, 02:52:32 pm »

Hey, demon guy, if you want to stay hidden you should probably take the form of a normal human.

.....though....if you could say.....make yourself wings of fire that you can hide under a shirt or something. That would be great. Do the stereotypical angelic feathery wing design but made of a dark fire.

How about we do neither a rampage nor the wings and hide for a bit first? We need to rest right now, and survival trumps unnecessary (and rather cliché, to be honest) aesthetic choices. The dark fire would be especially hard because we don't have any dark fire to use.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 02:55:00 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2015, 02:54:57 pm »

Can't say if you saw that though, you wouldn't high five said angelic wing demon thing for being badass

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2015, 03:16:22 pm »

YEAH, LET'S BURN DOWN A VILLAGE!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2015, 03:29:18 pm »

Make us tiny and bend light to make us as invisible as possible or if you can't do that just distort light make it hard to look at us so people will naturally avert their eyes. We need time to experiment and fuck around with magic. Plus if they see a human crawling out of a destroyed mall they'll definitely detain us. Do we still have one or more of our wallets? It would be easiest to just steal our own identity.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 03:32:04 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2015, 03:34:43 pm »

How about we do neither a rampage nor the wings and hide for a bit first? We need to rest right now, and survival trumps unnecessary (and rather cliché, to be honest) aesthetic choices. The dark fire would be especially hard because we don't have any dark fire to use.

Actualy I think as far as demons go they tend to be portrayed with bat-like wings so I don't think it's cliche. Besides some cliches are kinda nice to see once in a while.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2015, 03:42:21 pm »

Make us tiny and bend light to make us as invisible as possible or if you can't do that just distort light make it hard to look at us so people will naturally avert their eyes. We need time to experiment and fuck around with magic. Plus if they see a human crawling out of a destroyed mall they'll definitely detain us. Do we still have one or more of our wallets? It would be easiest to just steal our own identity.
+1

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2015, 04:01:42 pm »

+1
+2

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2015, 05:02:51 pm »

+1
+2
This gets my vote on how to gtfo. How small can we make ourselves anyway?

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2015, 01:05:31 pm »

It's a simple enough matter to store nearly all of your human tissue and scuttle away. For anyone observing it will simply appear as though you've dissapeared entirely. Though you are slowed down considerably by your smaller size, it's likely worth it to avoid notice while the city focuses on the inevitable search and rescue efforts at the mall.

As you begin to abscond with the bodies of several hundred of the very people that the city will be looking for you take stock of whatever possessions happen to have been picked up and stored within the mass of gore. There are clothes, wallets, pens, pocket change, gum, and even a few guns. Actually, more guns than you might expect to find among three hundred or so civilians. Seeking answers to that particular mystery, you search among the chorus of minds for an answer. What you find is intriguing.  A small time warlock who had recently moved here to Darkgate City to start a criminal organization happens to be one of your many minds. One of the local mob bosses was unhappy with the idea of more competition, and put a hit out on the man. In desperation, as a few goons cornered the warlock in a public bathroom, he called out to you, the demon lord he served, asking for help. It's his warehouse that was offered up by the collective as a potential place to hold up safely. Well isn't that interesting, you imagine that's why you ended up here. After getting hit so hard by one of those cosmic horrors from beyond called "Angels" that your conciousness was cast off into the ether, you were likely attracted to that one open metaphysical line.

As you inch, block by block, closer to the warehousing district you seek you find that the sun has reached the highest point in the sky. Your perception of time probably isn't as accurate in this world as a human's might be, but it's probably been five hours or so. It might be safe to take a human form now, and it's difficult to imagine a human noticing you escape from the rubble, as you've shrunk down to the size of a cockroach. If you really wanted to you could shrink all the way down to single celled life, but there are some pretty severe limitations to taking up such a small space.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 01:24:15 pm by Mlamlah »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2015, 01:10:51 pm »

Search our minds for somebody whom nobody knew was at the shopping center. Take that person's identity, and return to that person's home. If we are going to take a human form, we might as well take a human form that comes with shelter and an established identity.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2015, 01:12:53 pm »

Search our minds for somebody whom nobody knew was at the shopping center. Take that person's identity, and return to that person's home. If we are going to take a human form, we might as well take a human form that comes with shelter and an established identity.
That's what I was about to say. Someone with no criminal history.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2015, 01:15:57 pm »

> There doesn't seem to be a compelling reason to take on a human guise at this time, however, as a cockroach people may attempt to stamp us beneath their feet, and we're a bit too slow. Take the form of a cat and continue to the safehouse.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2015, 01:19:28 pm »

That's what I was about to say. Someone with no criminal history.

We are a demon, are we not? Criminal history isn't a big deal. I'd rather take the most wealthy and/or powerful person can't be linked to the shopping center. Might as well make the most of our situation

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2015, 01:22:27 pm »

> There doesn't seem to be a compelling reason to take on a human guise at this time, however, as a cockroach people may attempt to stamp us beneath their feet, and we're a bit too slow. Take the form of a cat and continue to the safehouse.
+1
Or, if it is possible, one of those little city birds. A house sparrow will do. Small, common, and pretty fast (45.5 km/h or around 30mph) to boot.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9