Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Thieves and Demons (SG) Open for Criticism.  (Read 9471 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: Thieves and Demons (SG)
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2015, 01:24:45 pm »

> There doesn't seem to be a compelling reason to take on a human guise at this time, however, as a cockroach people may attempt to stamp us beneath their feet, and we're a bit too slow. Take the form of a cat and continue to the safehouse.
+1
Or, if it is possible, one of those little city birds. A house sparrow will do. Small, common, and pretty fast (45.5 km/h or around 30mph) to boot.

yha do the bird.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2015, 02:25:21 pm »

> There doesn't seem to be a compelling reason to take on a human guise at this time, however, as a cockroach people may attempt to stamp us beneath their feet, and we're a bit too slow. Take the form of a cat and continue to the safehouse.
+1
Or, if it is possible, one of those little city birds. A house sparrow will do. Small, common, and pretty fast (45.5 km/h or around 30mph) to boot.

yha do the bird.
Gonna be hard without feathers.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2015, 11:23:39 am »

Well, we don't look quite like a cockroach for the moment, but yeah, i guess the point stands. As for a cat? With nothing but human skin and hair to work with we are going to be a freaky as *balls* cat. Similar point goes for being a bird. I don't really have the experience, biological specs or materials to become an earth creature with much accuracy, excepting of course your former human meatsacks.

Search our minds for somebody whom nobody knew was at the shopping center. Take that person's identity, and return to that person's home. If we are going to take a human form, we might as well take a human form that comes with shelter and an established identity.

Hrmm, yeah, i can do that. Just so you know though, i'm not too interested in keeping up brady bunch appearances for any long periods of time. A former demonic lord has needs y'know? We can lay low and gather ourselves for a bit, but i'm gonna insist that we get up to some mischief at some point. Anything that brings us closer to carving up a dominion being most preferable.

With that decided, you take stock of some of the human forms you could take that might prove inconspicuous. Sadly though, you find most lacking in any free assets of significance. There are plenty of kids staying at home with their folks, some nine to five workers, many of which with families. We got a lawyer working for a failing three man legal firm. Some street punks nobodies gonna miss. One of the thugs who was sent to take a hit on your warlock of interest seems to have lived alone, and wasn't even a member of that crime syndicate, just a cousin who happened to get swept up in it. Speaking of which, that Warlock just won't shut the fuck up. He must have had some kind of protective enchantment that kept his conciousness from being completely dissolved into your collective, but that sort of thing likely won't last forever. As it is he thinks that his assets and goons are of worth to you, and wants you to take ownership of them soon before his ramshackle organization buckles without his leadership. Whatever, you can do that later if you want.

So, what identity are we thieving today?

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2015, 12:57:38 pm »

Hitman cousin. Also what's a dominion?

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2015, 01:08:46 pm »

Hitman cousin. Also what's a dominion?

That which you have power over. Like a fief or property.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2015, 01:14:05 pm »

Laying low would be best, so Hitman's Cousin

We can take over the dude's organization once we've recovered and experimented more. How do we absorb more organic whatevers? By killing and eating them, or by a means similar to our magic?

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2015, 01:17:41 pm »

How do we absorb more organic whatevers? By killing and eating them, or by a means similar to our magic?

Oh fuck yeah. Eating and storing creatures in our mass is easiest, and also quite amusingly horrifying to mortals.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2015, 01:20:15 pm »

Easiest? What are the harder ways?

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2015, 01:24:33 pm »

Easiest? What are the harder ways?

Well, we could grow it ourselves in a lot of the ways organisms do, but y'know, pretty time consuming.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2015, 01:32:02 pm »

In that case let's try to get some good jumping legs and become tiny, jump at a bird and bring a mouth into existence. Store that bird and steal it's form.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2015, 03:40:22 pm »

In that case let's try to get some good jumping legs and become tiny, jump at a bird and bring a mouth into existence. Store that bird and steal it's form.
Yeah, eat lizards and bats too. Then you can become a dragon.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

InZane

• Bay Watcher
  • [PIMP_CANE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2015, 04:36:44 pm »

ptw
I PTW anything that seems interesting

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2015, 05:46:22 pm »

this for now,

and this for later....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA ohhh this is going to be fun.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2015, 06:02:39 pm »

+1

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 23, 2015, 11:39:37 am »

Hey sure. Why not?

Building a rather bottom heavy body structure, you try to get a set of legs that you can use to get some decent distance jumping. You end up with leg musculature that is easily the largest part of your body, but hey, whatever works right? With that bit of design accomplished, you begin to test out these new legs of yours, hopping up into the air... and immediately crashing into a wall. A second attempt fares little better, you manage to clear the wall, but sail through the air much farther than you intended, landing quite unceremoniously.

Shut up, this is harder than it looks.

After an hour or so of practice, during which you frighten a mother and her pre-school child, you manage to get the hang of these legs enough that you can feel confident in being able to at least try to eat a grounded bird. With your eyes set on a magpie rooting through trash, you leap towards it, and forming a crude froglike mouth, gobble it in a single gulp, pushing it back into storage with the majority of your bulk to suffocate to death. From that point, it's not hard to steal a fairly close approximation of it's form, though considering your experiences with those legs you have doubts about mastering the creatures ability to fly before you damage the body enough that you would have to secure more materials.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9