Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33

Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- Game Over (Union Victory)  (Read 73438 times)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- D1: 6 Tents
« Reply #255 on: March 24, 2015, 08:17:52 pm »

Zzzz. Lynching one third party removes all third parties. That leaves us in a 7v2 situation (6v2 come day), with one less nightkill per night- very easy for town to win, especially with our two power roles. Are you being purposefully obstinate? (Trick question, you are, because you're a third party.)
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: March 24, 2015, 08:20:17 pm »

@Cheeet
There's a context within all third parties which make them differ--generalizing third parties towards a wincon skips over that context.
In this game, we have 3 PRESET third-parties, all of whom really feel benevolent or benign from a town-side of view, but otherwise from a scum-side (Also the ugly is ironically charming...against any killer :P).

So, could you give your context as to the third parties in this game and why they take a priority, or are they judged at the same basis as any third party, in general?

In this game, I feel they're much higher priority. Killing one third party = killing three third parties, except if it's the bad.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: March 24, 2015, 08:20:51 pm »

At this point there is really no further point in discussion around this matter, because you are convinced of a fallacy around my actual role and our arguments have become circular.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: March 24, 2015, 08:23:42 pm »

Zzzz. Lynching one third party removes all third parties. That leaves us in a 7v2 situation (6v2 come day), with one less nightkill per night- very easy for town to win, especially with our two power roles. Are you being purposefully obstinate? (Trick question, you are, because you're a third party.)
Was that to me or to 4mask? :O

Did someone out themselves as third party? (Totally left behind in context here ._.)

If so, why would that take priority? If it was a scumfakeclaim, then wouldn't they have been called out already (unless, by some chance, that the third-parties in...incognito don't exist?)

Next is 'Our two power roles' are pretty vague--1/4 is a killer-type. Outing yourself as a third-party arguably helps town.
Unless you're the Bad, but that doesn't escape how you worded your thoughts here.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: March 24, 2015, 08:24:42 pm »

That was directed at me, Tiruin, and to bring you up to speed Cheeetar is convinced that I am third-party because I don't believe what he does about third parties.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: March 24, 2015, 08:28:24 pm »

That was directed at me, Tiruin, and to bring you up to speed Cheeetar is convinced that I am third-party because I don't believe what he does about third parties.
...I think its his way of scumhunting? Or psychological twist-plot?
Seems pretty normal for him :P

But in all seriousness, out of context, the orange above is...very confusing, on both laterals.

If you can summarize that thingy about what you believe, and he can summarize what he beliefs as well as the cause, that'd be great.

It's like a new-read-list that came to me in a thought! :D
Like:
4mask: He feels {alignment reading} until...| {and then proceeding thoughts}

Where the linked post in question is in the '|'
And I'm typing out thoughts here.

...This'll be how I deliver my reads given that I can study the posts later on, in the many scant times I have net.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: March 24, 2015, 08:28:59 pm »

I'm convinced 4maskwolf is a third party because he's spent the majority of his time telling people to ignore third parties and focus on scum hunting (while doing very little of it himself.)
I've played some mafia.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: March 24, 2015, 08:30:53 pm »

I do my best work when I'm attacked by people, picking apart their arguments.  Additionally, I've still done more scumhunting than you, Mr. "I only hunt third-parties".

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: March 24, 2015, 08:31:54 pm »

I think that he is third party too, but I see the third part as a benefit to the town. An extra vote. The 3rd party's biggest threat is the mafia and eachother, so if I were 3rd party, I'd ally with town.
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: March 24, 2015, 08:38:33 pm »

I'm convinced 4maskwolf is a third party because he's spent the majority of his time telling people to ignore third parties and focus on scum hunting (while doing very little of it himself.)
Oh.
And that promotes a sense of self-preservation-by-proxy how?
Wouldn't this also stem from a noticeable cause of discussing third parties as the general topic for the day?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 24, 2015, 08:39:47 pm »

Wouldn't this also stem from a noticeable cause of discussing third parties as the general topic for the day?
Thank you, someone who pays attention to the context without just jumping on the words.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 24, 2015, 08:44:12 pm »

Thank you, someone who pays attention to the context without just jumping on the words.
I honestly didn't read up much, but I'm really wondering on the many sides of all this. So I said the first thing that came to mind.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 24, 2015, 08:47:39 pm »

Additionally, Comrade, you are being incredibly hypocritical by voting me for not scumhunting and then doing no actual scumhunting yourself.  You drop a vote, be sarcastic in the face of a request for people to ACTUALLY scumhunt, and then answer a question.
Why didn't you vote him and become a bastion of hope and glory for town? Comrade we can cast him into the scum pile. Or am I wrong 4mask? I think I might have to many scum? Meh who gives a shhhh all these third parties fuckin up the count.
I'm incredibly confused by this entire post, given that I have a vote on someone else who I think is scummy.

Comrade Shamrock: You... actually just explained yourself what I was talking about.  You came in, voted me, berated me for not scumhunting, and left without actually doing anything more than state your opinion.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 24, 2015, 08:51:09 pm »

I'm composing a giant wall of text as I read through the thread, but it'll take a while longer to get ready. I just wanted to get something out that's really pushing my buttons and is one reason why I decided to quit mafia for a while.

hint if we don't teach lurkers that lurking is bad how will lurkers learn?

It really pisses me off when I see people whining about mafia not taking that long to play and school work, internet issues, etc. shouldn't get in the way of it. Clearly you don't understand college or life. Tiruin lives where bad net is a problem and is up to her neck in exams. I'm a full time student with a job. If we have to choose between studying for that exam and playing mafia, we'll definitely choose studying. Mafia isn't going to help us graduate. That exam grade, however, will. It's not our fault internet is a jerk sometimes and professors are sometimes mean and like to dump a ton of work on our shoulders. So think twice before you start attacking someone for RL issues.

So with that, roo, I'll let my vote hang out on you while I finish going through the thread. I despise your idea of "teaching" lurkers. And you seem to love policy lynches based on what I've skimmed through thus far. Looking for an easy lynch, scumbucket?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

roo

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm "trying"
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 24, 2015, 08:59:08 pm »

I'm composing a giant wall of text as I read through the thread, but it'll take a while longer to get ready. I just wanted to get something out that's really pushing my buttons and is one reason why I decided to quit mafia for a while.

hint if we don't teach lurkers that lurking is bad how will lurkers learn?

It really pisses me off when I see people whining about mafia not taking that long to play and school work, internet issues, etc. shouldn't get in the way of it. Clearly you don't understand college or life. Tiruin lives where bad net is a problem and is up to her neck in exams. I'm a full time student with a job. If we have to choose between studying for that exam and playing mafia, we'll definitely choose studying. Mafia isn't going to help us graduate. That exam grade, however, will. It's not our fault internet is a jerk sometimes and professors are sometimes mean and like to dump a ton of work on our shoulders. So think twice before you start attacking someone for RL issues.

So with that, roo, I'll let my vote hang out on you while I finish going through the thread. I despise your idea of "teaching" lurkers. And you seem to love policy lynches based on what I've skimmed through thus far. Looking for an easy lynch, scumbucket?
tldr: wah wah I don't like what Roo is saying even tho it's true. If all of that is an issue then don't play mafia. seriously if you can't contribute the adequate time to it why ruin it for everyone that can and does play to win.
Or not it's cool.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33