Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33

Author Topic: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- Game Over (Union Victory)  (Read 73369 times)

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
Re: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly Return!- D1: 6 Tents
« Reply #135 on: March 22, 2015, 08:58:10 pm »

Commencing read-through tomorrow morning. I've got a few things to get done for school tomorrow because work and severe RL issues have held me up all weekend.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 23, 2015, 01:06:06 am »

Unvote TDS.

TDS: You played in the first GBU game. What has changed between this version of the game and that version of the game that makes you feel so uncertain in how we should treat the third parties?

4maskwolf: What reason would town have for not wanting to establish a consistent approach to dealing with the third parties?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 23, 2015, 06:30:23 am »

4maskwolf: What reason would town have for not wanting to establish a consistent approach to dealing with the third parties?
The scum are actually in more of a position to want the third-parties gone, since they have more to lose from shooting the ugly or getting shot by the bad.  So I say we leave them to do their own thing and focus on the actual task of finding scum.

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 23, 2015, 01:29:50 pm »

Pfp

Silthuri.

Unvote.

Curse college and its never ending work!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 23, 2015, 02:52:49 pm »

Hmm...

Everyone: Ask the player beneath you in the list a question.  Last player in the list, ask the first player a question.

TheDarkStar: What makes you so uncertain about the third-parties.  Why do you feel that they are important?  Don't you think it's more important to find scum?  Do you believe that the town power roles could be helpful in the gameplay?  And, most importantly, how's your quicktopic going?

origamiscienceguy

• Bay Watcher
  • WELL! OK THEN!... That was fun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 23, 2015, 03:08:04 pm »

Tiruin, Which person in this group do you think has shown the most aggressive and reserved tactics so far?
"'...It represents the world. They [the dwarves] plan to destroy it.' 'WITH SOAP?!'" -legend of zoro (with some strange interperetation)

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 23, 2015, 04:04:29 pm »

The scum are actually in more of a position to want the third-parties gone, since they have more to lose from shooting the ugly or getting shot by the bad.  So I say we leave them to do their own thing and focus on the actual task of finding scum.

And this means town should not have a consistent approach to dealing with third parties because...?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 23, 2015, 04:06:25 pm »

And this means town should not have a consistent approach to dealing with third parties because...?
Because every game is different, every situation is different, and it's pointless to fuss over the future.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 23, 2015, 04:24:54 pm »

TDS: You played in the first GBU game. What has changed between this version of the game and that version of the game that makes you feel so uncertain in how we should treat the third parties?

It's been a long time since the first GBU and I died early enough in that game that I didn't see how things went (except for the final result, of course).

TheDarkStar: What makes you so uncertain about the third-parties.  Why do you feel that they are important?  Don't you think it's more important to find scum?  Do you believe that the town power roles could be helpful in the gameplay?  And, most importantly, how's your quicktopic going?

They are important because some of them have kills and all of them have votes. To me, scum is more important. Except for the Guardsman, the town power roles are marginally useful at best. And of course, my quicktopic is fine :P. How's your's?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 23, 2015, 04:31:49 pm »

Because every game is different, every situation is different, and it's pointless to fuss over the future.

This is a very poor argument for thinking that discussing best practices is scummy, 4maskwolf.
I've played some mafia.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 23, 2015, 04:33:03 pm »

Now that's just blatant misrepresentation.  I never said it was scummy, I said it was a waste of time and we should focus on scumhunting,

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 23, 2015, 04:43:55 pm »

Oh, and TDS, mine is quite good, although it's lonely with only me in there.

Yes, I created a quicktopic so I could talk to myself about the game.  What of it?

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 23, 2015, 05:02:10 pm »

Silthuri: When is your schedule open? (just asking this to fulfill 4mask's request.... I really dont have anything to ask you.)

4mask: Are you saying that we should not look for 3rd parties at all? Not even the Bad, which is basically a SK?
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 23, 2015, 05:04:18 pm »

I'm saying that at the moment, the scum are the town's concern, not the third-parties.  They can sort themselves out well enough.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 23, 2015, 05:08:19 pm »

Probability of 4maskwolf being a third party rising...
I've played some mafia.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 33