Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Trying a zombie survival text game.ISG (Text doesn't mean illustraited. Stop it)  (Read 13860 times)

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
Re: Trying a zombie survival text game. ISG
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2015, 12:50:13 pm »

A good GM however should listen to reasonable, constructive, and polite criticism. You have your game mislabeled. There isn't really anything to argue about. The GM is always right When it's involving the world of their game. As I can see you aren't capable of handling player criticism (a bad thing for a gm to do), I have a feeling that this conversation is futile. In future games, take critique better. I can't think of a game that survived when the GM failed to account for even base level critique.

You also just double posted for some reason.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2015, 12:56:17 pm »

Kevak Excuse you. This is the part where you stop.

You seem to have mistaken yourself for my boss. Please allow me to cure you of this mistake. You are not. The title shall remain exactly as I have labeled it. It is not mislabeled, I have intentionally labeled it an "Internet Suggestion Game." The "I" has and shall continue to stand for internet with no ill effects. You are also mistaken that you have provided "reasonable, constructive criticism." You have derailed the game over what an insignificant letter stands for.

As for the double post, I was on my phone and am currently editing it.
If you don't like a game, then don't play it and don't complain about it. So far, you've done nothing but nitpick and you're ruining it for everyone else. Everyone else would like to see where the story and game is going, not to discuss what one letter in the title stands for. Please improve your inappropriate derailing behavior or leave. You have been and still are offered the chance to take part in a fun game provided without cost to you. The title of the thread is "Trying a zombie survival text game. ISG"  Thank you, and be sure to have a nice day.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 02:31:53 pm by Transcendant »

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2015, 02:19:24 pm »

Rerail:

I apologize to everyone for that unfortunate derail. It is my intention to provide a fun text based game experience. As they always have been, reasonable questions will be answered as soon as I am able. Right now my schedule will allow me to post a few times a day and I'm happy to do so to make this as good and as fun as it can be.

To make things easier for everybody I'm going to repost the last game related thread so it is easier to follow. It has a lot of detail showing several possible locations (that Anya is a Pharmacist, which is useful, apartments on various floors, their occupants and occupations, etc). The idea here is that you can attempt to go anywhere in the building (or outside of it), as long as you know you might run into a zombie (It's a zombie survival text game, after all. It was right on the label that you'd see zombies and text :) ).

I put a lot of work into providing this style of non linear gameplay where you get to vote on what the character does without being railroaded. You want to go somewhere like an apartment on whatever floor, suggest going there and if you get the votes, there you go. That probably means you have to travel there like through the stairwell or something but yeah it isn't like you can teleport or whatever. Say you want to go get Stacy in apt. 505. Just type Go to apt 505 +1 in bold and vote to knock on Stacy's door, or whatever you want as long as it's reasonable. Say you want to go outside of the apartment building altogether, suggest "Go to ____ insert place here). See? You have a lot of control and voting power. Non linear gameplay, now that we are past the initial round, you have significantly more freedom, restrained only by supplies, information, possible zombie or human interference, and practical considerations.

________________________________________________________________________________
BACK TO THE GAME and your conversation with the woman from across the hall in apartment 1004.

March 1st, 1995 Round Three:

"Home Area" Lake District, Galley Road
Immediate environment:
1387 Galley Road, Camdin
10th Story: Apartment 1004 Anya's Home.

YOU:
You are John Caman, 23, brown hair, green eyes, agile build, BA in Accounting. Just moved to Camdin in 1995 for an accounting job. Hobbies include skateboarding, rock climbing and video games. Resides in Apt. 1003.

Stats- As of Prolog March 1 1995 Round Two
Str: 4
Dex: 6
Con: 4
Int: 8
Wis: 8
Per: 6

Accounting: 25
Skateboard: 15
Medical: 3
Persuasion: 5
Rock Climbing: 10

Items on person inventory
1 Bluejeans
1 Plain White Tee
1 Nirvana Tee Shirt
1 Pair Socks Socks (White)
1 Sturdy Leather jacket.
1 Pair Thick Gloves
1 Baseball Cap
1 College Backpack
1 Gym Dufflebag
1 Watch
1 Butcher Knife
1 Baseball bat

Persons Known:
Anya Saveski. Apt 1004, Across the hall. Approximately 30 something years old. Pharmacist. Has a loaded .38 Pistol.

Notes: Your bathtub, kitchen sink, and bathroom sink are all filled up with water, after this post, so are Anya's.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
She looks at you and tries to gather her thoughts, probably having not spoken to anybody in a few days just like you haven't and confronted with the harsh nature of present circumstances,

“Well, I’m a pharmacist, not a medical doctor, but a PhD. Pharmacy, Pharm D. whatever, there you are, da? Anya Saveski, I am Associate Pharmacist at Mortin’s Grocery Store next door. My father is building superintendant, but I don’t know where he is now. I work right next door and my father is overprotective so I don't have a car, but I'm sure lots of people here do, because there is a parking garage here.... 3 highways over the waters with long bridges, North, Northeast, and Northwest. I don't know anymore about the drive than you do, but they said on TV there is quarantine.... Uh, there is harbor and there must be boats there. There is train, but I never rode it.

Lots of people live here. 6 Apartment per floor, 15 floors, that’s 90 apartments, plus the rooftop garden, the car garage, the pool and the gym…. I don’t know if like, the elevators work or whatever still but right next to a grocery store with a pharmacy isn’t the worst place, and I don’t wanna think about what would be. Lots of people:

-1001 Lonnie lives there. He’s an asshole drunk, da? Always parks in other people’s spots; never paid for his own. Never talk to him cause he is catcalling bastard.

-1002 is vacant, has been for  long while. Last guy who lived there killed his wife or something in there. Police came everywhere, was all over news. Nobody wants to rent it, cause she died in there. Been empty for while now.

-1005 has the Gundersons. They yell always at each other. He used to be something or other. She is bitch nothing is good enough for.

-1006 got like 4 people in there. Potheads got real scared when cops came for murder in 1002 while back. Stay to themselves. High all the time probably.

-8005 has Tomas. Still acts like he is in Army. Is gentleman that one but gets into fights at bar over women they say. Police arrest him sometimes. Calls people POG, whatever that means.

-6006 Seems familiar but I (anya) can't remember

-1205 has Glen. He’s a machinist or something, hates it here. Wife loved it though.

-1101 Has Jimmy. He works at some job at some place doing some technical thing. I don’t know. He works at a factory as something or other.

-502 Stacy is pretty nice and she’s a chef or something at one of those fancy places or whatever.

-404 Tamil is an engineer or something. He keeps to himself.

I'm not sure off the top my head, um. What else would you be looking for?"

THE WATER SITUATION:
You tell her that you need containers to hold water that are portable: Canteens, etc, and to use the faucets to fill them while they still work. This surprises her as it seems the idea that the basic utilities would stop functioning didn't cross her mind, or maybe she just didn't face it yet. You also suggest she fill up HER sinks and bathtubs with fresh water like you did with your own and she does. You find Anya had several water bottles, which she happily fills. Anya also has four (4) six packs (24 bottles total) of Pepsi You notice them and she halfheartedly smiles at you, saying it's her bad habit and they were on sale. You immediately recognize that in addition to the Pepsi they currently hold, each bottle could be reused to hold water or other liquid later, and those little plastic rings make them easier to carry. Anya informs you that there were tons of these at the supermarket she works at next door (Mortin's Grocery Store, 1389 Galley Road, Camdin) along with tons of food and prescription medicine of course.

THE FOOD SITUATION:
You are thankful to find a significant amount of canned food in Anya's pantry. Evidently they really were having a sale at the grocery store where the pharmacy she works at is located. Who knew the Russian woman who worked at a grocery store would have a ton of food stockpiled? She shows you:

Total cans of food in her pantry: 408 cans
24 cans of green beans
36 cans of Chilli
60 Cans of Soup (various kinds)
60 Cans of Peaches
48 Cans of peas
72 Cans of Tomatoes
36 Cans of Corn
48 Cans of Mixed Vegetables
She also has 24 Cans of sardines in the fridge

Her Fridge also has
2 pounds of lunch meat salami
1/2 pound Swiss cheese
1 large pot of Borscht with 1 container of cream cheese
A small amount of milk (running out)
She also has several beats, probably a dozen or so left.

Anya offers to share her food with you, and points out the grocery store is right next door if more is needed. You also mention a concern about alternative escape routes if things go bad here. Thankfully you have fire escapes on the balcony of every unit and you could go anywhere from the Roof to the outside Groundfloor Greenspace. Then of course there's the two separate stairwells, and she's not sure if the elevators work, but they're there if that's possible.

She looks at you, finally showing she's scared, as if awaiting your additional questions or plans on what to do.

_________________________________________________________________________________

You have fortunately gotten a large amount of intelligence information about the surrounding area that could aid you with whatever future plans you may chose to make. You are also aware of the grocery store next door, and the post office up the street. Also you can see several other apartment buildings from your balcony on your street, and there's a large city out there.

Current Location: Apartment 1004
Home, 15 story apartment building
1387 Galley Road, Camdin N/S Street

Groundfloor Greenspace: Fountain, Mailbox, 7 benches, grassy area, trees.
1st Story: Lobby (3 ex doors, 1 garage door), Supervisor's Office, parking garage
2nd Story: Parking garage, generator, boiler unit.
3rd Story: Gym, Pool, Locker rooms, 2 stairwells, 2 elevators, 1 hallway
4th Story: 6 Residences (Apartment), 2 stairwells, 2 elevators, 1 hallway
-404 Tamil's Apartment. An engineer. A loner.
5th Story: 6 Residences (Apartment), 2 stairwells, 2 elevators, 1 hallway
-502 Stacy's Apartment. A chef at a fancy restaurant.
6th Story: 6 Residences (Apartment), 2 stairwells, 2 elevators, 1 hallway
7th Story: 6 Residences (Apartment), 2 stairwells, 2 elevators, 1 hallway
8th Story: 6 Residences (Apartment), 2 stairwells, 2 elevators, 1 hallway
-8005 Tomas. Former Army Veteran. Polite, but gets into fights sometimes. Says "POG."
9th Story: 6 Residences (Apartment), 2 stairwells, 2 elevators, 1 hallway
10th Story: 6 Residences (Apartment), 2 stairwells, 2 elevators, 1 hallway
1001: Lonnie's apartment - reportedly a drunk. 
1002: Vacant - former sight of a murder crime long before the outbreak
1003: Your Home Apartment of John Caman, that's the game's character.
1004: Anya Saveski's apartment. She is a phramcist and works at the grocery store next door.
1005: Mr and Mrs Gunderson an old married couple, very probably retired, former occupation unknown right now.
1006: "like 4 people in there. Potheads" -according to Anya Saveski
11th Story: 6 Residences (Apartment), 2 stairwells, 2 elevators, 1 hallway
-1101 Jimmy's apartment. He is a technician of some kind
12th Story: 6 Residences (Apartment), 2 stairwells, 2 elevators, 1 hallway
1205 Glen's apartment. A machinist. Not happy here, but his wife is (was?).
13th Story: 6 Residences (Apartment), 2 stairwells, 2 elevators, 1 hallway
14th Story: 6 Residences (Apartment), 2 stairwells, 2 elevators, 1 hallway
15th Story: 6 Residences (Apartment), 2 stairwells, 2 elevators, 1 hallway
Roof: Tennis Court, Rooftop garden. Commercial AC Unit

What do you do, where, if anywhere do you go?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 02:36:15 pm by Transcendant »

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2015, 03:17:55 pm »

Um. OK.

At least we won't starve to death right away.

We should make the rest of the floor we're on safe first in case we can't leave the city easily. There's the drunk and the place with nobody in it and the old married couple and the tokers right? That leaves 3 places to open if we wanna do that. Going up and down we need the stairwells or the fire escape or the elevators. We should eventually see if those work. I don't know if the people on this floor are any good to us. Anya doesn't like the drunk and says he a jerk. The stoners might be ok I guess and I don't know what to make of the old married couple.

Is the door to the vacant place locked or can we get in somehow? Fill up that tub too. I don't know exactly what the best choice is. She said the drunk jerk in 1001 parked his car in other people's spaces. Does that mean he has a car somewhere in this building?

Are there doors between the hallway and the stairwells so we can close those to be safer?

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2015, 03:36:07 pm »

You really should change it too SG because it is slightly misleading.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2015, 05:04:58 pm »

No. Look at that last post man.... Do you mean to tell me that after all the work I put in to make a detailed, open world, non linear game for everybody to have fun with, people are going to nitpick over one stupid letter and call it misleading? Even after the title clearly says "text game?"

That's what this forum is going to focus on?  Not the fun we could be having but somebody's interpretation of what one stupid letter in the title that doesn't mean anything stands for?

We can't make it two (2) rounds without the nitpicking taking over? What's gonna happen when there's a real issue where people disagree? Really? If this is a sign of things to come, then I'm out. Ridiculous. Of all things to focus on....

"Don't argue; just play."

Robot Parade Leader

There are doors on both ends of the hallway leading to the stairs, and you could lock them if you wanted. The door to the vacant place, apt 1002, has probably been locked for a few months. It may be possible to pick locks, or there could be a key somewhere. It looks like Anya has said the guy in 1001 has a car, yup.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 05:17:00 pm by Transcendant »

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2015, 06:29:59 pm »

Shit this looked neat too. I know it won't work but may as well try

Close both of the doors from the stairwells to the hallway we're in +1

Press the elevator button and see if they work +1
-If works be ready to smash any zombie that might ride it up and come out when the door opens.

Go to the Drunk's door at 1001 +1
-Have Anya come with us and make sure she has a melee weapon too. Knife or whatever so its not just the gun in case she runs out of ammo
-Knock on the door and see if anybody's home

Talk to Anya about getting a group of survivors together who have skills and supplies we need +1
-The drunk has a car and that could be handy to get the hell out of here
-I bet the army guy has a gun and can fight
-Machinist engineer and technician all sound handy to have

Ask Anya if you can drink one of the Pepsi bottles cause why not +1

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2015, 08:50:37 pm »

Might as well continue. No reason not to.

March 1st, 1995 Round Four:

"Home Area" Lake District, Galley Road
Immediate environment:
1387 Galley Road, Camdin
10th Story: 10th Story Hallway between Apartments 1001 (Lonnie's Apartment) and 1002 (Vacant, locked apt).

YOU:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ACTIONS AND PLAY:
Summation:
Action Location: Anya and you are outside Apt 1001, Lonnie's apt (the drunk, has car).
Positioning: You take point, Anya is behind you.
-You have a baseball bat ready, butcher knife stowed.
-Anya has a carving knife ready, .38 pistol holstered.
Actions Attempted: Knocking on Lonnie's door (Apt 1001).
-Carefully and cautiously knocking.
-Baseball bat ready but hidden from peep hole view.
* The door is not locked.
Actions Attempted: Securing Hallway Doors, checking elevators
* You secure both doors.
* The elevators don't work right now.

You have a talk with Anya about getting together a group of survivors. She initially doesn't like the idea of talking to Lonnie, because it seems they do not get along well. Anya of course gives you a Pepsi and you enjoy drinking it. You save the bottle and fill it with water from the faucet. You add that water bottle to your on person inventory.

You try the elevator call buttons on both of the elevators (there are two). You receive no noticeable response or reaction from either elevator. The Button does not light up when you push it (it would if it worked), and it does not appear the elevator will move at all, or at least you're not hearing any mechanical, electrical or other indicators. It does not appear the elevators work at all at this point.

Anya and you, together, close both doors leading from the two separate stairwells to the hallway, and then carefully approach the door to apartment 1001, Lonnie's apartment. Anya is right behind you with one of your carving knives as a melee weapon, and she still has her .38 pistol in a holster on her belt. You have your baseball bat out and, while not visible from the peephole to anyone looking out, ready to strike if you have to....

Nobody answers the door. You knock on it a second, third, and fourth time. No answer. Somehow the door doesn't appear to be locked.

What do you do?

Current Location:
Home, 15 story apartment building 10th Story Hallway between 1001 and 1002.
1387 Galley Road, Camdin N/S Street

Groundfloor Greenspace: Fountain, Mailbox, 7 benches, grassy area, trees.
1st Story: Lobby (3 ex doors, 1 garage door), Supervisor's Office, parking garage
2nd Story: Parking garage, generator, boiler unit.
3rd Story: Gym, Pool, Locker rooms, 2 stairwells, 2 elevators, 1 hallway
4th Story: 6 Residences (Apartment), 2 stairwells, 2 elevators, 1 hallway
-404 Tamil's Apartment. An engineer. A loner.
5th Story: 6 Residences (Apartment), 2 stairwells, 2 elevators, 1 hallway
-502 Stacy's Apartment. A chef at a fancy restaurant.
6th Story: 6 Residences (Apartment), 2 stairwells, 2 elevators, 1 hallway
7th Story: 6 Residences (Apartment), 2 stairwells, 2 elevators, 1 hallway
8th Story: 6 Residences (Apartment), 2 stairwells, 2 elevators, 1 hallway
-8005 Tomas. Former Army Veteran. Polite, but gets into fights sometimes. Says "POG."
9th Story: 6 Residences (Apartment), 2 stairwells, 2 elevators, 1 hallway
10th Story: 6 Residences (Apartment), 2 stairwells, 2 elevators, 1 hallway
1001: Lonnie's apartment - reportedly a drunk. 
1002: Vacant - former sight of a murder crime long before the outbreak
1003: Your Home Apartment of John Caman, that's the game's character.
1004: Anya Saveski's apartment. She is a phramcist and works at the grocery store next door.
1005: Mr and Mrs Gunderson an old married couple, very probably retired, former occupation unknown right now.
1006: "like 4 people in there. Potheads" -according to Anya Saveski
11th Story: 6 Residences (Apartment), 2 stairwells, 2 elevators, 1 hallway
-1101 Jimmy's apartment. He is a technician of some kind
12th Story: 6 Residences (Apartment), 2 stairwells, 2 elevators, 1 hallway
1205 Glen's apartment. A machinist. Not happy here, but his wife is (was?).
13th Story: 6 Residences (Apartment), 2 stairwells, 2 elevators, 1 hallway
14th Story: 6 Residences (Apartment), 2 stairwells, 2 elevators, 1 hallway
15th Story: 6 Residences (Apartment), 2 stairwells, 2 elevators, 1 hallway
Roof: Tennis Court, Rooftop garden. Commercial AC Unit

What do you do, where, if anywhere do you go?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 08:54:48 pm by Transcendant »

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2015, 09:12:29 pm »

This looks cool, though it's a lot of text for my currently exhausted self to read through for the time being. PtW and catch up when I'm better rested.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2015, 09:26:23 pm »

Ptw, play when I get a chance
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2015, 09:41:20 pm »

Welcome flameboy99. Welcome also Crysis, Prince of Doom. I saw your post while I was previewing making this one.

I'll take that as a request for a summary of actions. Sounds good; will do. I'll make something for now, and something better and more permanent later.

Summary of Actions to Date

March 1st, 1995 Round One:
Four days since bio terrorist attack. TV and 56K internet said to stay inside. You did. TV, 56K Internet, and phone all dead. You have food, etc. You recently moved to city (Camdin) for accounting job. Never managed to start it before zombies happened. (See very first post and storyline).

March 1st, 1995 Round Two:
Woke up in bed. Got dressed (Blue Jeans, Plain white tee, Nirvana Tee Shirt (band), white socks, sneakers, Sturdy Leather Jacket, 1 pair thick leather gloves). Got College Backpack. Got baseball bat. Got butcher knife. Filled bathtub, bathroom sink, and kitchen sink up with water while faucets still working (they still are working now).

You are new in town and don't know anybody. You cautiously made your way out of your (apt 1003), to knock on the door of the one next door (apt 1004). You knocked on door, a woman asked through the door, "Who are you? What do you want? Nice jacket at least." You met Anya Saveski. Apt 1004, Across the hall. Approximately 30 something years old Russian. Pharmacist. Has a loaded .38 Pistol. She invited you in.

March 1st, 1995 Round Three:
She offered to share her considerable food stash and gave you a lot of information about a lot of the people in the building and where she works. She is a pharmacist and works in the next door grocery store. You filled up all her sinks and bathtubs with water too.

March 1st, 1995 Round Four:
Anya and you decided to find other survivors, secure the immediate area like the floor you are on (10th story), secure the doors to the two different stairwells accessing your floor (*done). You also checked to see if the elevators work (*they don't). Anya and you decided to knock on the door of apt 1001, which is Lonnie's.  You took point and she was behind you. You have a baseball bat ready, butcher knife stowed. She has a carving knife ready, and a .38 pistol stowed. You knocked on the door four times. No answer. The door doesn't seem to be locked.

I hope this helps and aids you in your enjoyment of the story so far.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 09:47:21 pm by Transcendant »

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2015, 02:48:11 am »

No. Look at that last post man.... Do you mean to tell me that after all the work I put in to make a detailed, open world, non linear game for everybody to have fun with, people are going to nitpick over one stupid letter and call it misleading? Even after the title clearly says "text game?"

That's what this forum is going to focus on?  Not the fun we could be having but somebody's interpretation of what one stupid letter in the title that doesn't mean anything stands for?

We can't make it two (2) rounds without the nitpicking taking over? What's gonna happen when there's a real issue where people disagree? Really? If this is a sign of things to come, then I'm out. Ridiculous. Of all things to focus on....

"Don't argue; just play."

Robot Parade Leader

There are doors on both ends of the hallway leading to the stairs, and you could lock them if you wanted. The door to the vacant place, apt 1002, has probably been locked for a few months. It may be possible to pick locks, or there could be a key somewhere. It looks like Anya has said the guy in 1001 has a car, yup.
I know and I'm sorry it's just it IS misleading and kinda petty that you're not changing just because Kevak said something. also that's all I'm gonna say over this and I am not posting now unless it's an action.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2015, 08:19:44 am »

You really should change it too SG because it is slightly misleading.

Seriously, if you haven't made this game in German language, might as well follow the rules on English one, and even more specifically - the English Internet Language. And under these rules, ISG means "Illustrated Suggestion Game". Not "Internet Suggesting Game", because you're already on the Internet.

Why do you keep defending that one letter like your life depends on it?
._.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sergarr

You only get to vote to control what the character does, and not what I do. No, no, no, why do people keep insisting one letter like their lives depend on it? Defending implies what is being done against me is worthy of the word "attack." It isn't and it is insignificant. I understand that you have certain unreasonable grievances against rules I never understood or agreed to follow and was rudely "informed of." They are being ignored, thank you and come again.

Please note you are welcome to vote on the character's actions and play and I suggest you focus upon that. Be sure to have a nice day.

That derail has officially been over for a while. All further posts concerning it will be expressly  ignored and not responded to or even read as they are a waste of space and are derailing the game.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 09:32:02 am by Transcendant »

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cautiously open the door and call inside: +1
-Unless Anya objects.
-Politely call out his name.

Once the door is open....
Say this: +1

"Excuse me, Sir.... Lonnie. Lonnie? Are you in there? It's your next door neighbors Anya and John, I just moved in. If you've looked out your window, then you've seen everything's gone to hell out there. People shambling around all dead ish .... It's not great. Look, whatever happens we have a better chance of survival if we stick together man.

Hello? Sticking together, sound good?"

If nobody answers that then carefully open the unlocked door: +1
-We don't know if he's in there or if he's alive or infected or a zombie or whatever.
-Who the hell doesn't lock their front door during the zombie apocalypse?

If we don't see any reason not to, carefully go inside: +1
-Having unexplored places on our floor is a great big unknown danger.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7