Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Trying a zombie survival text game.ISG (Text doesn't mean illustraited. Stop it)  (Read 13863 times)

Peradon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Trying a zombie survival text game. ISG
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2015, 05:42:19 pm »

Say: +1
    -"First things first, we should probably get out of the city. You've seen those... things... out there. I doubt the military will risk coming in here anyway, they probably have their hands full anyway. How close is your car parked? We could use that to escape out. Once out, we look for a military base or something. Maybe some other survivors."
Ya'll need Jesus. Just sayin'.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2015, 05:44:39 pm »

Concerning water. I believe the tub and both sinks were filled up with water. Additionally, the facets still work, as does all the electric and plumbing. TV 56K Internet and phone are dead. Remember. It is 1995.

Also Perdon, as per the story information in the first post, the TV would have told you that there is a quarentine zone and that you are in it. The zone was defined as "The Greater Camdin Area." You can still try to leave, but the last you heard there was quarantine in effect. Who knows if it is still holding or not, but I feel it would be fair to remind you of this fact as it is something the character knows. Again, this does not mean you are unable to leave but you can deduce that either A.) Containment has failed, or B.) It has held. Unsure which would be the "better" result. Moreover, you've 10 floors up, just so you know. Again, not to discourage you necessarily, but knowledge matters and should be factored into any plan you make including possible escape. If option A, containment failure, then safety is an issue outside the area. If option B then you'll have to evade or fight soldiers.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 06:11:16 pm by Transcendant »

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 18, 2015, 07:32:43 pm »

So this building has like 15 floors and a roof with a gym and parking garage? We're new here. She isn't. Ask her if she knows anybody else in the building who might have survived and you don't wanna be mean by saying it, but if anybody's got skills we could use or something? Should we even think about asking or just bolt?

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2015, 07:37:43 pm »

Good question, please suggest it with a +1 in bold after to see what people think, if you approve
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 11:09:41 pm by Transcendant »

femmelf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2015, 10:55:39 pm »

Say and Ask +1

"I'm new here, but this place has a ton of apartments. We're on Floor 10 and there are still floors above us. There have to be other people living here, or who were. Can you think of anyone who we can trust to help us, who might have skills or supplies? Can you tell me anything about the city that might help? Any practical ways out of the city? Do you think we could drive, do you have a car, and would they let us out? If we can't leave, is there a best safe place we could stay?

That kind of thing?"

Get food and water to carry with containers to carry them in +1
-Find water containers, cantineens, jugs, something to hold water in
-You said the facets still work? Fill them up from those, leave water in the tub and sinks
-Get non perishable food if possible from our pantry. Whatever won't spoil easy.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 11:00:16 pm by femmelf »

Robot Parade Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Well, go on ... parade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2015, 11:07:13 pm »

Say and Ask +1

"I'm new here, but this place has a ton of apartments. We're on Floor 10 and there are still floors above us. There have to be other people living here, or who were. Can you think of anyone who we can trust to help us, who might have skills or supplies? Can you tell me anything about the city that might help? Any practical ways out of the city? Do you think we could drive, do you have a car, and would they let us out? If we can't leave, is there a best safe place we could stay?

That kind of thing?"

-You said the facets still work? Fill them up from those, leave water in the tub and sinks
-Get non perishable food if possible from our pantry. Whatever won't spoil easy.

Ask about securing area and escape plans if stuff goes bad +1
-If anything happens, this is the only area we know is secure. Doesn't the balcony have a sort of fire escape on it, and maybe hers does too? That way if everything goes to hell on this floor we can still get secure and if we need to get out by an alternate way (fire escapes).

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2015, 12:01:31 am »

Running Tally:

Say: +1 (Vote count as of this post +1)
    -"First things first, we should probably get out of the city. You've seen those... things... out there. I doubt the military will risk coming in here anyway, they probably have their hands full anyway. How close is your car parked? We could use that to escape out. Once out, we look for a military base or something. Maybe some other survivors."

Say and Ask +1 (Vote count as of this post +2)

That kind of thing?"

Get food and water to carry with containers to carry them in +1 (Vote count as of this post +2)

Ask about securing area and escape plans if stuff goes bad +1 (Vote count as of this post +1)
-If anything happens, this is the only area we know is secure. Doesn't the balcony have a sort of fire escape on it, and maybe hers does too? That way if everything goes to hell on this floor we can still get secure and if we need to get out by an alternate way (fire escapes).

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2015, 12:05:48 am »

Say: -1
(If quarantine is still up, we just risked our lives and used up a bunch of resources and time for nothing.)

Say and Ask +1

That kind of thing?"

Ask about securing area and escape plans if stuff goes bad +1
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 01:07:51 am by Andres »
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2015, 12:22:21 am »

Posting to Watch.

Unrelated to the game itself, you appear to have a misconception as to what ISG means. ISG means Illustrated Suggestion Game. SG means Suggestion Game.

The fact that it is on the internet is a given.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2015, 08:39:12 am »

Hey Kevak. Eh, honestly does it matter about the SP/ISP thing so much? Come on man, this is my first game on this forum, don't nitpick and work with me. I mean sure I ask for some details here, but that's because it matters if you go into 1101 or 1102. They have different things in them and at some point, you're gonna wanna go into some rooms and not others.

Anyhow, why don't you vote since you're here? It's only page 3 of the thread, so come on and play or vote or whatever.

Running Tally:

Say:  (Vote count as of this post +1)
(If quarantine is still up, we just risked our lives and used up a bunch of resources and time for nothing.)

Say and Ask  (Vote count as of this post +3)

That kind of thing?"

Get food and water to carry with containers to carry them in   (Vote count as of this post +3)

Ask about securing area and escape plans if stuff goes bad   (Vote count as of this post +2)

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2015, 08:46:59 am »

Do -1's not count?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2015, 08:51:51 am »

First game on the forum dude. Never done this before and you're the first person who did a -1 here.

I dunno. There are two ways I can handle this. Either I count it against the vote tally for one individual thing, or I just keep doing the thing where a thing needs to recieve a certain amount of votes to happen. Right now at this very minute it isn't that huge of a deal, because the other option has it outnumbered 3 to 1. Later on, I guess it could be a problem if I don't count them.

I guess if nobody has any problem I'll start counting them?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2015, 11:22:32 am »

First game on the forum =/= to ignoring easily fixable mislabels.

The issue with mislabeling is people come expecting pictures, confusing them and possibly making them less likely to watch.

I don't have any vote currently.

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2015, 12:26:30 pm »

This has been moved, expanded and reposted here to facilitate rerail of the game:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=149463.msg6110025#msg6110025

Thank you for your consideration, and please enjoy the game.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 02:21:38 pm by Transcendant »

Transcendant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2015, 12:48:09 pm »

Kevak

"The GM is always right. That's me. Don't argue; just play. " First rule. Please feel free to read the first sentence in the "THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW: CLICK THIS:" spoiler. Are you here to nitpick about something that doesn't really matter or play? 1st not encouraged; 2nd is. Next? Thank you for your cooperation. Please feel free to play by suggestion vote.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 02:20:07 pm by Transcendant »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7