Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 44

Author Topic: Apocalypse How - Second vision  (Read 70699 times)

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse Now - Salvage operation starts.
« Reply #435 on: July 11, 2015, 05:13:15 pm »

He called on the radio, so.

"Jackpot! I found some stuff, Mr. Ship. Fuel, generator, tools. Do you need me to bring it back or are we sending a cleanup crew?"
%"Excellent, I'll send another boat over and we'll get to work transferring it. Is the ship itself salvageable?"%

Rough plan: Get volunteers to examine the hull from the outside in SCUBA gear, search for ruptures and so forth. If the hull is intact, then pump water out of both the engine compartment and main hold simultaneously, trying to keep the ship level.

In the meantime, send that boat with people willing to help shift supplies. Don't use inflatables for moving things with sharp edges or corners, don't overload the boats. We've got more time than we do equipment, after all.

"Gotcha sir, checking hull. We might need some metal to patch the holes if there are any."

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 12, 2015, 05:14:30 am »

Change of plans: Explore south. Through the unnamed door

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 12, 2015, 12:50:41 pm »

loot 9

Sorry, nothing to loot here. Unless you want to tear shelves from walls.

Carry the loot out for easy pickup later. Preferably near to a boat, though not quite on it.
Action: Haul stuff back to ship. GM handle the logistics!

You two manage together drag the portable generator and its fuel for pickup.

"Alright, I'm going to check underwater, notify me if ya guys need anything, a'ight?" Dive underneath the water, stick close to the hull while I search for any breaches I can get in from.

Your breathing mask is the type that covers whole face and is equipped with radio, letting you have contact with your mates. The water is relatively clear so you can quickly check rear end of the ship. You can't find any breaches here, and all parts seems to be functional as far as you can tell.

One thing you do find is name of this vessel, painted with big white letters: CLARA II.

Go down the stairs.

I don't see your diving equipment. Remember, this whole deck is already knee deep in water, the decks below even more so.

Change of plans: Explore south. Through the unnamed door

You end up on other side of the ship. It's rather plain here, stairs up to deck above and a closed door behind stairs.

He called on the radio, so.

"Jackpot! I found some stuff, Mr. Ship. Fuel, generator, tools. Do you need me to bring it back or are we sending a cleanup crew?"
%"Excellent, I'll send another boat over and we'll get to work transferring it. Is the ship itself salvageable?"%

Rough plan: Get volunteers to examine the hull from the outside in SCUBA gear, search for ruptures and so forth. If the hull is intact, then pump water out of both the engine compartment and main hold simultaneously, trying to keep the ship level.

In the meantime, send that boat with people willing to help shift supplies. Don't use inflatables for moving things with sharp edges or corners, don't overload the boats. We've got more time than we do equipment, after all.

Is the hull examination plan a go or do you rather wait for general assessment from the guys already in there?

Few volunteers sent over. One thing you might want to get in future is fuel for that little boat. You don't really have lot of gasoline stored.

Spoiler: Map A deck (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map 1st deck (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 12, 2015, 12:57:06 pm »

"Well, now that that's done, let's go see what's in the other places."

Check door 1, explore room beyond if nothing alarming is visible. Clear that entire black patch on the map. Then walk around the fore of the ship, check what I can see. If anything exhilarating fails to show up as it entirely has so far, check what's beyond door 6.

Maybe consider asking the Captain to send over some other schmucks to help mapping this thing.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 02:15:26 am by Harry Baldman »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: July 12, 2015, 12:58:39 pm »

tears shelves from walls
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 12, 2015, 04:25:52 pm »

"Ship's name is 'Clara 2'. Can't find any breaches on the rear, sir." Circle around to Starboard, begin checking over that, if I can't find anything, resurface and let the guys the captain's sending in do their job.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 12, 2015, 06:44:01 pm »

Go to room 2.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Haveroszaur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 14, 2015, 02:13:28 am »

Door 6, shotgun ready.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse Now - Looting fever
« Reply #443 on: July 14, 2015, 12:32:39 pm »

tears shelves from walls

You pull and yank but cannot overcome power of well secured bolts. Your looting fever is foiled by secure engineering.

"Ship's name is 'Clara 2'. Can't find any breaches on the rear, sir." Circle around to Starboard, begin checking over that, if I can't find anything, resurface and let the guys the captain's sending in do their job.

You find no breaches of any kind but you do find something that isn't part of ship or any usual living thing expected to hitchhike on ships. Dark red wire, as thick as your arm and half length of the ship, is attached on bottom of the ship. It starts from the middle and goes all the way to the bow.

"Well, now that that's done, let's go see what's in the other places."

Check door 1, explore room beyond if nothing alarming is visible. Clear that entire black patch on the map. Then walk around the fore of the ship, check what I can see. If anything exhilarating fails to show up as it entirely has so far, check what's beyond door 6.

Maybe consider asking the Captain to send over some other schmucks to help mapping this thing.

Another storage room. Half of cabinets here are locked but rest are busted open. Opened cabinets contain canisters of paint. Few canisters are lifted on newby table, opened and partially spilled on table.

I assume you mean to walk around stern, because that's where you are. Otherwise that action would take few turns. As will this, because walking in knee deep water isn't exactly fast.
You see two open doors on back of the deck.

((I don't like managing NPC's so I don't exactly want to send such over. Your task here is to see if the ship is salvageable and figure out what its gargo is. There is more than one deck above the surface. I suggest finding the bridge.))

Go to room 2.

This is the room where best loot so far was found. Tools and metal sheets suitable for repairing stuff.

Door 6, shotgun ready.

The door opens and water rushes into dry area, knocking you down on your knees. There's sweet smell of rotting fruits in the air.

Spoiler: Map A deck (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Map 1st deck (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 14, 2015, 12:39:51 pm »

turns on radio Give me a hammer!
Loot room 7 before going and grabbing the tools that are in room 2 (of floor 1)and smashing the self and wall of room 9.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 01:41:14 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 14, 2015, 12:46:11 pm »

Go up the stairs at the side of the ship twice. See if this has helpful indicators as to where the bridge might be.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 14, 2015, 01:36:47 pm »

Go ahead with hull examination. Make fuel a looting priority. Also oars.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Shaporia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 14, 2015, 02:33:41 pm »

"Sir, I've got some red wire running from the middle to the bow, it's a thick as my arm.." Dive lower, let's see what's under if I can reach it, otherwise, go back, surface, go inside the ship and see if I can go into the lower compartments.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 14, 2015, 02:39:44 pm »

"Sir, I've got some red wire running from the middle to the bow, it's a thick as my arm.." Dive lower, let's see what's under if I can reach it, otherwise, go back, surface, go inside the ship and see if I can go into the lower compartments.
I have the metal to patch up the hall, Currently smashing a wall down to see what I can find, got a feeling something if in the walls, it feels wet and warm.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 14, 2015, 11:13:10 pm »

Loot 2 if anything's left.
Ain't nobody got time for that.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 44