Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 44

Author Topic: Apocalypse How - Second vision  (Read 70679 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse Now - Salvage operation starts. [5/8]
« Reply #315 on: June 21, 2015, 09:39:51 am »

"The ship has no flag. So either somebody took it down for some reason, I can't see why, or it capsized at one point, in which case I don't think anybody should be alive on it. Don't think there's any point in doing much welding before we check out what's inside, though. Underwater welding might also be a little... tricky," Dick says, considering the options. "Not to mention that diving in a ruined ship is probably way more dangerous than diving in a cave, which already has a considerable chance of killing you, so... hm. Not such a good situation we're in. Let's do a quick survey of the dry parts and see what's what. Then we can check deeper down. Don't imagine there's much useful cargo that'd stand up to being exposed to salt water, but you never know."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 21, 2015, 09:44:36 am »

"The ship has no flag. So either somebody took it down for some reason, I can't see why, or it capsized at one point, in which case I don't think anybody should be alive on it. Don't think there's any point in doing much welding before we check out what's inside, though. Underwater welding might also be a little... tricky," Dick says, considering the options. "Not to mention that diving in a ruined ship is probably way more dangerous than diving in a cave, which already has a considerable chance of killing you, so... hm. Not such a good situation we're in. Let's do a quick survey of the dry parts and see what's what. Then we can check deeper down. Don't imagine there's much useful cargo that'd stand up to being exposed to salt water, but you never know."
(((there are ways of welding underwater)))
"You may have your point, those shipping containers may be repurposed. If we can patch up the holes then we can pump the water out and use it as storage/ living space. The patches won't be the strongest, so we would have to be careful about the ship. "
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 21, 2015, 10:34:47 am »

"I agree with what you've said. Anyways, where should we enter from?"
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 21, 2015, 11:13:31 am »

"You may have your point, those shipping containers may be repurposed. If we can patch up the holes then we can pump the water out and use it as storage/ living space. The patches won't be the strongest, so we would have to be careful about the ship. "

"Probably got more holes than one man with underwater welding equipment can reliably fix, though."

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 21, 2015, 01:34:45 pm »

"Probably got more holes than one man with underwater welding equipment can reliably fix, though."
"hmmm, perhaps we could do something with the cargo containers then."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 21, 2015, 01:38:41 pm »

"Well, anyway, I think we should try the crew compartment first, explore until the water level, then do the same for the cargo hold. See what we can find, and if we can tell what the ship was supposed to be carrying. Or who used to be on it, at least."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 21, 2015, 01:52:21 pm »

"Let's do that, yeah?"
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 21, 2015, 02:11:01 pm »

//Aboard the bridge, to the crew of the ISS:

"Hello, chaps. How're you holding out up there? Listen, this is Captain Rasmussen with the Endeavour, I've got something to ask..."

• Have they seen any land since the storms cleared, and could they keep watch for it + get in touch if they do? If they have sufficient resolution on their cameras and telescopes to attempt a search, give them the last known coordinates of the missing Ararat as well.
  • Do they have an emergency re-entry vehicle/is a Space Shuttle or similar craft up there at the moment? If so, if and when they want to try to make it back to Earth, they should get in contact so one of the ark-ships can try to be near where they splash down.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 21, 2015, 05:12:41 pm »

"I agree. We should attempt to search above the water first.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 22, 2015, 02:30:01 pm »

//Aboard the bridge, to the crew of the ISS:

"Hello, chaps. How're you holding out up there? Listen, this is Captain Rasmussen with the Endeavour, I've got something to ask..."

• Have they seen any land since the storms cleared, and could they keep watch for it + get in touch if they do? If they have sufficient resolution on their cameras and telescopes to attempt a search, give them the last known coordinates of the missing Ararat as well.
  • Do they have an emergency re-entry vehicle/is a Space Shuttle or similar craft up there at the moment? If so, if and when they want to try to make it back to Earth, they should get in contact so one of the ark-ships can try to be near where they splash down.
Not dry land, no. But mountain tops just under water are visible. Such as Everest, Alps, Ural and Andes. Interestingly enough all are equally visible despite of height differences. Even largest cities are just barely visible even though they should be over 7 kilometers under. Kinda odd, isn't it?

They do have such thing, but they believe they are more useful for survivors up there than down on planet. So they are going to remain on ISS until their food runs out, which should happen within a month. Until then they are your eye on the sky.

Counting the few votes the point of entry seems to by "dry" part. Okay. Assume everybody got walkie talkies.

Sean Mason:
  • Life jacket
  • Waterproof headlamp
  • Rope

Dick Mackintosh:
  • Life jacket
  • Waterproof headlamp
  • Rope

Eireka Tufon:
  • Life jacket
  • Waterproof headlamp
  • Rope

Arvin Carver:
  • Life jacket
  • Body armor
  • Waterproof headlamp
  • Rope
  • Auto Shotgun (30/30) (2 extra clips)

In addition waiting you on the boat:
  • Wetsuits, oxygen tanks and breathing mask(with builtin radio) for everybody.
  • Welder and some scrap metal for Sean.

You climb rope ladder down one by down onto the boat, including designed pilot who isn't one of you. Then, after ensuring everybody got what they need, the boat leaves safety of your home. Last 6 weeks you have been stuffed into overpacked ship like chickens waiting for death, so this brief trip is welcomed with joy. Slight worry shadows this happiness though, since there's no telling what you will find on the derelict ship. It might even capsize while you are on it...

Last time you saw Endeavour from outside was briefly when you boarded it before the deluge, so your memories of its appearance are gone. Now it looks almost alien, a black mass extending numerous black leaves towards the sun. The solar panels have been extended out to reduce strain to the fusion reactors that have kept you all warm and safe until now. Its funny how technology proceeded so fast during last years, you can't remember hearing any ship of this scale using solar power so extensively, not to mention small scale fusion reactors. Every single square meter of Endeavour is covered by high effiency solar panels.

Attention turns towards the cargo ship. It has taken some beating, evident by broken windows that are now clearly visible. All doors you can see are swinging open, few missing completely. It seems completely dead, haunted even. The boat stops next to railings and you hop onto the ship. Water here is up your knees, so it takes some wading to get inside the ship.

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 11:53:10 pm by AoshimaMichio »
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse Now - Salvage operation starts. [5/?]
« Reply #325 on: June 22, 2015, 02:47:17 pm »

Turn on head gear and go to 4 and open door.
"lets search the closest rooms before going any farther up. If we are to split up, then split into groups of two.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 22, 2015, 03:07:11 pm »

"...Well, I'll lead the way, fellas. Just stay behind me, and if anything jumps out as us I'll...give it a good stern talking to.

...also, I wonder why I'm the only guy with a gun..."

Action: Check out entrance number #4. Don't enter yet.

((OOC: Am I Dick Mackingtosh #2?

Also, I'm getting XCOM TFTD flashbacks...Zarquids hiding in closets...reaction fire...unable to avoid...))

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 22, 2015, 05:13:58 pm »

"...Well, I'll lead the way, fellas. Just stay behind me, and if anything jumps out as us I'll...give it a good stern talking to.

Action: Check out entrance number #4. Don't enter yet.

((OOC: Am I Dick Mackingtosh #2?

Also, I'm getting XCOM TFTD flashbacks...Zarquids hiding in closets...reaction fire...unable to avoid...))
XCOm-Enemy Unsunken.
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 22, 2015, 05:19:34 pm »

"Wouldn't have it any other way. You're the guy with the gun, after all, so you dictate the rules by default," Dick says,

To entrance #4! Stand a slight distance away from the others, though, just in case there's a monster behind it.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 22, 2015, 05:29:13 pm »

"You're right. Also, I'm totally expendable. All I do is shoot things, and make those awesome seaweed tacos we have very Friday. Thus, I think my power is sort of a, uh, hallucinatory concept. Or whatever.

Oh yeah, and we're having seaweed tacos again this Friday. And...fish. If you were wondering."

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 44