Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 44

Author Topic: Apocalypse How - Second vision  (Read 70858 times)

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse How
« Reply #180 on: April 11, 2015, 12:59:15 am »

Could I still join in? This game seems interesting.

You could take over Peradon's company if you are interested, but you would need to create character for it. Vice president to become CEO.

Spoiler: Peradon's company (click to show/hide)
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: April 11, 2015, 07:07:53 am »

Right then, check out the hard disk's data with the help of my competent staff over the coming months.

If it's nothing especially useful, sell it off to an interested buyer for an agreed-upon fair price, though keep the info backed up anyway.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 11, 2015, 01:21:03 pm »

((The design is an internal matter, but we can source out parts of it to non-employees under NDAs if they're noticeably better in a field than company employees. Split the cost between the company and myself; it's a personal project but also one with a high potential for profit.))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 11, 2015, 02:35:39 pm »

Hmm. I think I'll keep to watching then, sorry.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 14, 2015, 04:30:57 am »

Yourmaster, are you still playing?
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 15, 2015, 12:31:52 pm »

Yourmaster, are you still playing?

Apparently he's not, no reaction to PM nor thread awareness bump. One week is plenty of time to post. I suppose we have two spots open then. Alex Raman and his Ramncorp doesn't exist any more. They never did. Same goes for Jeff Summers and his American Computer Industries.

SaberToothTiger, we have now opening for a player and a company. If you are still interested then post a sheet.

Q2 2015

Have the data retrieved from the USB drives and copied to a number of redundant company databanks, my personal computer, my home, and distributed personal and corporate bank vaults in both paper and electronic forms. File personal patents regarding every component of the data.

Contract the best engineers in the fields relevant to my data, put them under NDAs, get estimates of time and capital costs to begin producing shipboard fusion reactors from the plans as well as more standard land-based plants. Begin sending out feelers re: leasing the right to construct said reactors in non-exclusive agreements which bar secondary distribution and allow for substantial profits. Have company engineers begin drawing up plans for large ships oriented around long-term sustainability and autonomy.

Share data with the others, full trade. Incorporate other wish-data into ship plans.

((The design is an internal matter, but we can source out parts of it to non-employees under NDAs if they're noticeably better in a field than company employees. Split the cost between the company and myself; it's a personal project but also one with a high potential for profit.))

Data retrieval and storing it into multiple locations goes without much problems. The one hard disk you handled violently unfortunately had some data corrupted beyond restoration. You can only hope it was nothing vital.

Patents filed in multiple countries.

[2,1] Despite of your efforts to find engineers to work with your newly acquired technologies you fail to find any. As it happens your recuitment plan for desalinization engineers came out quite wrong and people on that field tend to now see you unworthy of their services.

[4] Few major power companies around the globe express their interest. They are open for more detailed negotiations.

[3] Board of Directors agrees to split cost. However since it is completely your own idea and they don't see any immediate profit from the desing beyond proof of concept, they require you pay 70% of the desing costs.
[6] Your engineers come up with rather extravagant desing for ark-ship. Looking at almost final blueprint you doubt any of your shipyards can actually build it. It's quite large and expensive ship, directed more to rich people.

Data shared.

Personal financial situation:
Dividends from this quarter are double from predicted!
Value of your stocks likewise increase substantially!

Spoiler: Herwald Rasmussen V (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Notes (click to show/hide)

Start retrieving the data, from the hard drive and notebook, and share it with the rest. Have it sent to my home, company databanks, and my personal computer. File patents on it.

Try to employ the best engineers in these fields, and give them NDAs, get the estimates of time, and cost in capital, to produce self-repairing metals.

Start investing in the stock market.
1 billion.

Likewise data is successfully secured and patented.

[3] You hire handfull of decent engineers. They can hadly understand all the new technologies you present them, but that divine notebook really helps. They estimate it will take 9 months to build fully functional factory producing self-repairing metals. Cost of building factory and hiring crew is predicted to be around 25 million USD, not including cost of raw materials for end product.

1 billion invested into stocks.

Dividends on this quarter dropped notably!
Value of your stocks went up by 8 billion USD! That's so much you suspect this might be a bubble forming. Value might go down before next year.

Spoiler: Priya Gupta (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dharma Inc. (click to show/hide)

Right then, check out the hard disk's data with the help of my competent staff over the coming months.

If it's nothing especially useful, sell it off to an interested buyer for an agreed-upon fair price, though keep the info backed up anyway.

[5] Your very compentent crew uncover technologies stored withing the hard disk. It turns out it approximately a decade ahead of our time. It contains guidelines to discovering genetic markers to most used life forms and how to modify them to your benefit, but bears no mention of modifying any other life forms. Machinery is buildable with existing technologies and your staff think there's room for performance optimizations.

So I think it is usefull enough to keep in your own hands.

Dividends from this quarter dropped to half from predicted!
Value of your stocks went up by 3 billion USD!

Spoiler: Codeine Ogudi Korir (click to show/hide)

NEWS:
Financial:
All over the world economy is finally starting to rise fast! Some economists warn that it might be only temporary before it falls back down.

Political:
Raise of economy links directly into political world. Beginning of new cold war is stopped and Western countries and Russia reach agreement how to solve their disagreements situation peacefully.
Conficts tone down and terrorist groups suffer large losses. It's good time to be alive.

It is now Q3 2015, July 1st.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse How - Two spots open
« Reply #186 on: April 15, 2015, 12:36:27 pm »

Start stockpiling MREs, and invest into shipping.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 15, 2015, 05:56:14 pm »

Sell off 8 billion USD of my stocks, fund the construction, and stockpile on canned foods, and other assorted goods.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 16, 2015, 08:17:38 am »

Negotiate further with power companies, ask for bids for the first licensing of the technology for land-based plants; part of any deal must include their expertise for the design and construction of shipboard reactors.

Once the engineers have finished the initial ship design, set them to work again to produce a similar variant, but with an emphasis on sustainability and durability rather than luxury.

((What percentage of his own company does Herwald currently own?))

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: April 16, 2015, 11:38:08 am »

Let me make a sheet...
Spoiler: The Sheet (click to show/hide)

Is this okay?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 12:21:00 pm by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: April 16, 2015, 12:28:49 pm »

Let me make a sheet...
Spoiler: The Sheet (click to show/hide)

Is this okay?

It's good. You can retroactively have one wish while I roll numbers.
Old sigs.
Games.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: April 16, 2015, 12:34:07 pm »

I would like to have an extremely efficient source of renewable energy and the technology to recreate it.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: April 16, 2015, 12:50:00 pm »

I would like to have an extremely efficient source of renewable energy and the technology to recreate it.

[3,2] You get an envelope containing single piece of paper. The paper contains incomprehensible series of letters and numbers. The mathematician in you recognizes this as encrypted data. Gods are dicks.

You are now in same phase as others, in beginning of Q3 2015.
Old sigs.
Games.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: April 16, 2015, 01:00:07 pm »

((How are my finances?))

Order my coders to decode the data.

Tell my researchers to focus on efficient solar power dishes compatible with ships.

Invest 20% of my personal cash reserve into excavation of coal in my company's mines.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse How - One spot open
« Reply #194 on: April 16, 2015, 01:08:21 pm »

((How are my finances?))

((Numbers are now in opening post.))
Old sigs.
Games.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 44