Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 44

Author Topic: Apocalypse How - Second vision  (Read 70865 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Apocalypse How
« Reply #165 on: April 08, 2015, 10:50:00 am »

"Good for a laugh, I suppose."

Keep the binder. Ask Mr. Andersson's associates to check the hard disk, if they don't mind.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: April 08, 2015, 11:10:48 am »

"Good for a laugh, I suppose."

Keep the binder. Ask Mr. Andersson's associates to check the hard disk, if they don't mind.

Servants are not in the room. They enter only when Andersson calls them and then exit as soon as they are done.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: April 08, 2015, 11:12:05 am »

Ask Mr. Andersson to call up his associates to check the hard disk, if he or they don't either seem to mind.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: April 08, 2015, 11:21:52 am »

Ask Mr. Andersson to call up his associates to check the hard disk, if he or they don't either seem to mind.

They come and take the laptop away from Mr. Rasmussen before he can break it.

[3] The hard disk apparently contains large number of zip files. The few they check contains either blueprint of some machine or a documentation of one. His associates are not engineers so they can't really tell you any more about this.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: April 08, 2015, 11:35:14 am »

"All right, I'll send you now back. I would pray good luck for you if it would help, but in current situation I don't think it will make any difference. Do your best and save as many as possible. Ensure not only survival our species but also our eventual rise."

Mihael waves his hand and then you are back in where you were when he teleported you into his room. As far as you can tell no one has noticed you being away. Objects you wished for are with you.

Preparations

This is how this phase of the game will go:
Since it takes next three IC years for the catastrophe to arrive, every turn will take three months, following quarterly rhythm of business world.
Quarter 1 is from January 1st to March 31th. Q2 is from April 1st to June 30th and so on.

Within three months you can do many things; use your personal resources to ensure survival of human species, make use of your company resources (although Board of Directors may have problems with your plans), play with stock market to increase your income so you'll have more resources to play with. And really whatever you think will help you in this task.

I'll do mini-turns when situation calls for it, basically when you want to do something that takes significantly less time than one month. I also hope everyone posts an action for every turn, even if it is just "Twiddling my thumbs and drinking Margarita at Bahamas".

Right now it is April 1st, beginning of Q2 2015.
Old sigs.
Games.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: April 08, 2015, 12:28:57 pm »

Have the data retrieved from the USB drives and copied to a number of redundant company databanks, my personal computer, my home, and distributed personal and corporate bank vaults in both paper and electronic forms. File personal patents regarding every component of the data.

Contract the best engineers in the fields relevant to my data, put them under NDAs, get estimates of time and capital costs to begin producing shipboard fusion reactors from the plans as well as more standard land-based plants. Begin sending out feelers re: leasing the right to construct said reactors in non-exclusive agreements which bar secondary distribution and allow for substantial profits. Have company engineers begin drawing up plans for large ships oriented around long-term sustainability and autonomy.

Share data with the others, full trade. Incorporate other wish-data into ship plans.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: April 08, 2015, 12:47:27 pm »

Do you want to specify what systems the ship will have? Or do you leave it all to the dice?
Old sigs.
Games.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: April 08, 2015, 12:48:52 pm »

I'll throw up a more comprehensive design after I'm finished with work and classes for the day.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: April 08, 2015, 05:52:39 pm »

Start retrieving the data, from the hard drive and notebook, and share it with the rest. Have it sent to my home, company databanks, and my personal computer. File patents on it.

Try to employ the best engineers in these fields, and give them NDAs, get the estimates of time, and cost in capital, to produce self-repairing metals.

Start investing in the stock market.
Ain't nobody got time for that.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: April 08, 2015, 11:08:01 pm »

Who pays for the ship desing? Company? You? Someone else? Because minimum cost would around 120 000 $ and it can only go up from there, depending on if your company uses fixed pricing for projects or not.

Start investing in the stock market.

How much you invest in there? You got Personal wealth: 30 billion USD
  • Real estate: 8 bil USD
  • Stocks: 10 bil USD
  • Cash: 12 bil USD
Old sigs.
Games.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: April 08, 2015, 11:20:20 pm »

I'll invest in stocks.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 08, 2015, 11:46:51 pm »

Yeah, I got that. But how much money you want to invest into that? Billion? 3? All in?
Old sigs.
Games.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 08, 2015, 11:55:16 pm »

1 billion.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: April 10, 2015, 09:36:46 am »

Right now it is April 1st, beginning of Q2 2015.
Don't tell anyone about this until tomorrow, guys.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 07:10:03 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: April 10, 2015, 03:45:47 pm »

Could I still join in? This game seems interesting.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 44