Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Silly Superhero Ideas Thread  (Read 2850 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Silly Superhero Ideas Thread
« on: March 11, 2015, 09:13:41 am »

Hello Everyone!  I was on the bus to school today and I thought of a superhero idea that mildly amused me, so I thought I'd create a thread where people can hash out ideas they have and just share silly superhero concepts.

Here's mine:

Moderate Republican, whose power is the ability to invoke the United States Constitution and legal code!  Watch as he battles The Bluntmaster, the Archliberal, the KKK, and his archnemesis: Big Government!  Next time on the Adventures of Moderate Republican: Big Government launches a scheme to impinge on the rights of all Americans!  Can Moderate Republican stop them, or will he finally fall before his rival?  Find out next time!

If you can't tell, it would be a political satire comic that made fun of liberals and conservatives alike.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 09:17:59 am by 4maskwolf »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Silly Superhero Ideas Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 10:49:18 am »

Hello Everyone!  I was on the bus to school today and I thought of a superhero idea that mildly amused me, so I thought I'd create a thread where people can hash out ideas they have and just share silly superhero concepts.

Here's mine:

Moderate Republican, whose power is the ability to invoke the United States Constitution and legal code!  Watch as he battles The Bluntmaster, the Archliberal, the KKK, and his archnemesis: Big Government!  Next time on the Adventures of Moderate Republican: Big Government launches a scheme to impinge on the rights of all Americans!  Can Moderate Republican stop them, or will he finally fall before his rival?  Find out next time!

If you can't tell, it would be a political satire comic that made fun of liberals and conservatives alike.
So basically Liberal Crime Squad?
._.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 11:04:13 am »

You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 11:11:06 am »

Obligatory Florida Man suggestion.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 11:24:56 am »

A combination of Mighty Mouse and the Incredible Hulk called "The Insignificant Hulk". When this cartoon mouse gets angry he gains the strength of ten mice and then loses anyway because that's still not very much.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 11:32:27 am »

Respawn:  Respawn is a superhero with the video-game power to respawn after he dies.  He can generate a single respawn beacon any time he wants, and if he dies he will reappear at the beacon(glowing energy ball).  Other than that he is a normal human being.  He has two major weakness.

1)  When he respawns he loses all memory of everything that happened since he last placed his respawn beacon.  This makes him practically incapable of learning anything when he loses, which tends to lead to him making the same mistakes over and over again.

2)  When he respawns, his beacon disappears for 5 minutes.    During this time he can die permanently.  This means he tends to want to put his beacon a fair distance away from any superpowered fights.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 11:38:48 am »

I'd like to see a story about a group of superheroes who are all unemployed because for some inexplicable reason they all used to work at the newspaper and so they all got downsized when people stopped buying newspapers.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 11:47:36 am »

Respawn:  Respawn is a superhero with the video-game power to respawn after he dies.  He can generate a single respawn beacon any time he wants, and if he dies he will reappear at the beacon(glowing energy ball).  Other than that he is a normal human being.  He has two major weakness.
... the obvious question: Do they leave bodies behind? What about what they were wearing?

Because I've actually seen a fanfic that had that more or less as a premise: Someone who died and came back indefinitely, but left bodies behind and cheerfully proceeded to viciously exploit that. You can do a lot with an endless pile of corpses.

As to the OP: This probably deserves mention.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 11:52:16 am »

... the obvious question: Do they leave bodies behind? What about what they were wearing?

Because I've actually seen a fanfic that had that more or less as a premise: Someone who died and came back indefinitely, but left bodies behind and cheerfully proceeded to viciously exploit that. You can do a lot with an endless pile of corpses.

As to the OP: This probably deserves mention.

Nah, his corpse and stuff he was carrying disappears and reappears with his respawned body.(which can also be exploited I suppose)

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 12:04:18 pm »

Expendable Lad:
A superhero sidekick that has the role of being the 'Redshirt' for the superhero.

They're a dime a dozen. Here's to you Expendable Lad; we hardly knew ye.

SOURCE:
Freakazoid's 1-shot sidekick for the gag. Of course, before Fan-Boy came into the scene.
Link

That show was silly and awesome.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 12:10:50 pm by Itnetlolor »

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2015, 01:36:00 pm »

A gay guy who controls fire called "The Flamer"
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2015, 01:38:23 pm »

A gay guy who controls fire called "The Flamer"

There was an anime about superheroes with that(he called himself Fire Emblem though).   :P

http://myanimelist.net/character/40858/Seymour_Nathan

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2015, 01:53:38 pm »

Green Light.
A regular guy who has the ability to turn any traffic light he sees green.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2015, 03:02:36 pm »

Madame Butterfly

A villainess with the ability to Time Travel. She is able to change minor details in the past that later turn out to become major catastrophes in the far future.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2015, 04:31:35 pm »

Obvious answer is to have a constant satellite uplink to a remote server matched with constant video and sound monitoring through his costume. Once he respawns he immediately checks the replay and sees what he did and what went wrong.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.
Pages: [1] 2 3