Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Silly Superhero Ideas Thread  (Read 2842 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Silly Superhero Ideas Thread
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2015, 04:37:28 pm »

Respawn:  Respawn is a superhero with the video-game power to respawn after he dies.  He can generate a single respawn beacon any time he wants, and if he dies he will reappear at the beacon(glowing energy ball).  Other than that he is a normal human being.  He has two major weakness.
Obvious answer is to have a constant satellite uplink to a remote server matched with constant video and sound monitoring through his costume. Once he respawns he immediately checks the replay and sees what he did and what went wrong.

I'd counter with he's poor and can't afford that, but he's actually pretty wealthy because he makes a load of money as a crash test dummy.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2015, 06:44:55 pm »

Obligatory Florida Man suggestion.
Curses, foiled so soon.

Of course there will be one of his associates, the Magnificent Meth Man!

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2015, 07:13:12 pm »

Reverse-Jesus Man. He can turn wine into water.

Post Man. He can make other people communicate over vast distances. It sometimes takes a few weeks for the message to reach the destination, though.

Escher Man. He's got the power to lose his special power.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2015, 07:27:43 pm »

Schrödinger Man. He never knows whether his powers will work until he needs them.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2015, 08:19:25 pm »

The Red Bee. He has one trained bee named Michael that he can command to attack villains. He is the bane of villains who are allergic to bees.
I'm not making this up.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2015, 09:10:31 pm »

A redneck with flame powers named "Fire-Cracker"
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2015, 01:11:50 am »

Little Nickey:
He always gives everyone nicknames.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2015, 01:34:40 am »

What if there was a dysfunctional version of Ghost Rider who specifically turned into a sporit of passive-aggressive vengence
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2015, 01:55:52 am »

Aside from Snowflame, cocaine's avatar of its will on Earth (yes this is an actual guy), I'd say something like Dentist Man, the man with the ability to control teeth would be a good pick.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2015, 02:04:00 am »

I'm reminded of "The Superhero League of Hoboken" with such wonderful superheroes as "The Crimson Tape", "Madame Pepperoni", "The Iron Tummy" and "Tropical Oil Man".

I've also read a fan made comic of Snowflame that, by my limited readings of comic books, wasn't half bad considering the uh... uncouth nature of the character.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2015, 05:49:49 pm »

A trio of unmotivated, ineffectual superheroes with elementalist powers:

Burnout has flame powers but lacks motivation

The Stoner is made of rock and smokes copious amounts of weed and salvia

The Sponge freeloads off others and controls water
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 12:52:28 am by Bohandas »
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2015, 05:50:50 pm »

Ain't that a lovely little necro, eh?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2015, 12:53:36 am »

The Headmaster is a school principal with the ability to cloud people's minds and communicate telepathically
What is TPP
----------------------
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2015, 01:28:01 am »

Runman. He runs away from the bad guys!

Alternatively named Running Man, to reference the dance move.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2015, 01:35:07 am »

Obvious answer is to have a constant satellite uplink to a remote server matched with constant video and sound monitoring through his costume. Once he respawns he immediately checks the replay and sees what he did and what went wrong.
I'm reminded of a non-super (at least intrinsically) more-useful versions of this, from some book I'll have read back in the '80s.

Some guy with possibly serious psychological issues, to begin with, acts as a 're-usable live crash-test dummy', in essence.  He enters a matter-transporter that takes him to a highly dangerous environment (memory tells me it was an alien spaceship, but I think there was more to it than that) with countless lethal measures deployed to it.  The matter-transporter is made to create two copies of him, one does as much exploration as he can before he succumbs to one or other deadly peril, whilst the other is kept secure in a state of sensory-deprivation.  Whilst this second copy is not otherwise experiencing anything of significance, it maintains a psychic link with the other counterpart until the inevitable death.  By this method, helearns to avoid the trap that activates when he steps on the wrong floor-tiles/doesn't dodge the falling object/gives the wrong keypad code.  Experiencing his own death multiple times certainly hasn't helped him, never mind that he certainly isn't even the same person that signed up for the project.  But for some reason he's better at it than any other individual who previously volunteered.

I forget how it ended up.  I forget who wrote it.  I forget the title.

Anyway...  My 'top' ideas.

Hue Can change the colour of any object.  Unless it's orange.
Gram Positive Has the ability to assess the exact weight of any given item, by sight (to an accuracy of somewhere around a milligram, actually, but really likes the aforementioned super-alias).
Sidestep His body is physically eight inches to the left of where it appears to be by any non-tactile measure.  (Isn't a power he can switch off.  Makes even sitting on a chair rather awkward, in an obvious manner, and makes him susceptible to being unintentionally barged into by passers-by, and worse.  Has yet to work out how to use his 'power' for good, although has been a surprisingly good Magician's Assistant in the context of a properly arranged stage-illusion.)
Pages: 1 [2] 3