Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167348 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #945 on: August 20, 2016, 02:18:55 pm »

Nah, Reyes is such an edgelord that he bleeds shotguns. He just has to keep cutting himself every couple minutes.
Imagine an old black man being all emo.

That actually seems kinda sad. It'd be the kind of stuff someone would make a depressing documentary about.
Do you mean emo like the teen stereotype/subculture?  Cause all I'm seeing in my head is
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
except like, black.  And wearing different clothes.  But same concept.
but ... he's not black. You can see his elbows with some skins/emotes :p
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: August 20, 2016, 03:10:54 pm »

I don't know what that is, but if anything he was born in LA.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: August 20, 2016, 04:06:52 pm »

Considering that his given name is an archangel's and his last name is Spanish, I think it's safe to assume that he's hispanic.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: August 23, 2016, 11:43:12 am »

He speaks Spanish in a lot of his voice lines, too...
Black lives matter.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: August 23, 2016, 11:44:28 am »

The other day, EnigmaticHat said that I noticeably improved my Ana skills. ^_^

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: August 23, 2016, 11:53:33 am »

Anyone have some good tips for using Genji? Mostly I manage to get killed with him, so I'm clearly using him incorrectly.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: August 23, 2016, 12:21:20 pm »

I'm not a Genji main but I heard D.va and Genji are similar in playstyle, except D.va has a big honking mech. What I have heard for D.va is that despite your armor, it's a good idea to not go for glory too much and avoid being focused down. I assume the same would be true for Genji as he is a backliner as well, so one should focus on taking out lone enemies and then run like a coward when there's too much heat on them.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: August 23, 2016, 12:40:06 pm »

Don't constantly use your reflect. If there's a Bastion on the other team, odds are you'll come around a corner with a fresh reflect cooldown and be faced with a Salt-Powered Turret.
Black lives matter.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: August 23, 2016, 01:33:29 pm »

Anyone have some good tips for using Genji? Mostly I manage to get killed with him, so I'm clearly using him incorrectly.
Spoiler: wall o' tips (click to show/hide)
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: August 23, 2016, 03:31:04 pm »

Thanks! I'll have to practice him more.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: August 24, 2016, 12:40:25 am »

I'm not a Genji main but I heard D.va and Genji are similar in playstyle, except D.va has a big honking mech. What I have heard for D.va is that despite your armor, it's a good idea to not go for glory too much and avoid being focused down. I assume the same would be true for Genji as he is a backliner as well, so one should focus on taking out lone enemies and then run like a coward when there's too much heat on them.

Both reward caution peppered with fits of aggression.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: August 24, 2016, 05:39:07 am »

It probably also helps that Genji is silent while D.va is incredibly loud and obvious.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: August 24, 2016, 02:37:57 pm »

D va isn't a flanker any more IMO.  She's no worse at it than she was before, but she's moved on to better things with the buff.  If she loses the mech flanking she's toast instantly, if she loses it in the midst of her team they're not quite down a person.  The mech's gun excels against larger targets like Rein that are likely to be in the midst of things.  Self destruct has much more impact in the frontline where multiple enemies will be inconvenienced/killed by it.

She's also an excellent blocker now, arguably the second best.  She's not going to come out with 30k damage block like a Rein might but she's in the unique position of being able to either shut down ultimates or sacrificially tank them.

This isn't to say she can't flank, but its no longer her core role.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: August 24, 2016, 02:59:37 pm »

Also, is it just me or her matrix can't block Whole Hog? Every time I tried I get pushed back.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: August 24, 2016, 03:02:09 pm »

Its definitely intended to be able to.  Its possible he's clipping you with partial hits.  I know I've seen D vas fully 100% block it (looks really funny too).
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 107