Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167341 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #975 on: September 08, 2016, 02:19:48 am »

I was going to go and list the heroes by hogwarts houses but, well, they tend to either be slytherin or griffindor. Might put Bastion in Hufflepuff.
I dunno, plenty of Ravenclaws in the cast too.  Winston, Ana, Torb, Symmetra, Mercy.  Maybe Hanzo and Pharah but that's pushing it.

For Hufflepuffs... Mei, Bastion, Zen.  Ana's good at finding things I guess.  If you wanted to be funny you could throw Reaper or Roadhog in.  Oddly enough I could see an argument for Junkrat as a Hufflepuff because while he doesn't fit there he's a pretty weak match for the other houses as well.  He has the malice and prejudice of a slytherine but he just feels... not angsty or solemn enough.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: September 08, 2016, 02:35:07 am »

(its coz he's fuckin' nuts)
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: September 08, 2016, 03:35:32 am »

I still like this idea of an Overwatch "trickswap" AU. Reinhardt flies around and rain justice and bodyslamming on people. Mei skates around and harass people. Mercy is a salty old woman who stole the Valkyrie suit and chuck biotic fields everywhere as she play air cavalry. Reaper rant constantly about dragons and throw shotguns at people.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #978 on: September 08, 2016, 12:39:52 pm »

No, Reaper says "Our world is worth fighting for!" and a bright, cheery "Hola, mis amigos!"
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: September 08, 2016, 12:52:17 pm »

Also Roadhog is a ninja.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: September 08, 2016, 01:40:03 pm »

Widowmaker swings her rifle around like a baseball bat and inexplicably has a Reinhardt shield; her fireblast is just firing the rifle once with no scope.  She constantly shouts things about honor and protecting her friends.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: September 08, 2016, 01:55:58 pm »

Also D.va gets to fulfill her dreams of being MLG and has a railgun MEKA. She's this kind of weird defense-tank hero who squat on the point and threaten to headshot people.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: September 08, 2016, 02:05:20 pm »

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: September 09, 2016, 06:40:52 am »

Although I preordered just after the open beta, I only really started playing last month.

I'm in rural Victoria, Australia, and only on every so often, but if you want to add me I'm Smiter#1762. I generally do OK as Pharah and Reinhardt as they're what I've been playing mostly, but I'm trying to branch out a bit.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: September 09, 2016, 07:28:05 am »

Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: September 11, 2016, 04:10:28 pm »

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: September 18, 2016, 11:11:48 pm »

There are few things as beastly as an Ana-ulted Reinhardt >:D

I'm usually the one playing Ana though.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 02:33:16 am by Ygdrad »
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: September 19, 2016, 12:34:13 pm »

I've been doing pretty mediocre in season 2 so far.  I'm starting to suspect its because I don't play it exclusively and everybody else is getting better faster than I'm getting better.   :P
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: September 19, 2016, 02:17:58 pm »

I've been doing pretty mediocre in season 2 so far.  I'm starting to suspect its because I don't play it exclusively and everybody else is getting better faster than I'm getting better.   :P

If you reach a point where your rank stops increasing, start recording your matches and review them, figure out the mistakes you're making that are holding you back and what you need to get better at. Maybe your positioning could be better, maybe you need some aiming practice, maybe you need to get better at evaluating advantages/disadvantages and when to play aggressively or defensively. There's a reason behind most death, find those reasons and you'll improve.

I can't wait to start season 2 competitive play. I'm waiting on a new mouse mat so I have room to play with an even lower sensitivity and don't want to have to get used to it while playing competitive. I'd rather be consistent so I can better gauge things.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 02:21:02 pm by Ygdrad »
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: September 19, 2016, 02:35:12 pm »

Yeah those are all things I should be doing, but also am probably too lazy to do.  :) 

I kind of wish there were more youtube guides by people in the master and up tiers.  I like to play Pharah and do watch this guy Valkia's videos to try to learn how I should be playing.  Mostly all I've learned is shoot rockets from really really far away and be crazy good at conc-jumping all over the place.   :P

My aim definitely could be better though, so I do try to work on that a little bit.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 107