Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167134 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #375 on: June 03, 2016, 11:00:50 am »

Oh, yeah, those Junkrat acrobatic kills are always so satisfying, aren't they? Had a great one on Hollywood attack where a Tracer tried to jump me, I flung her over my head with the det-pack, spun around, and unloaded into her face while she was in midair.

Speaking of good matches, had a brilliant KotH on the tower map last night. The first round was an unfortunate start, I'd gone Genji and they'd picked Mei, Zarya, and Winston, which sucked, even though I got some funny reflects on their Bastion. It came down to a 99%/99% overtime on the third round and was desperate as hell; I'd switched to Reaper and managed to get a couple crucial kills on their Mei and Winston, but we got wiped by their 76's ult... except for the Mercy hiding outside the point, who ulted us all back up for the quick wipe and win.

On an unrelated note, does it seem like Blizzard missed a march with one of 76's lines? The one where he says, "I'm not a young man."? Every time I hear it I instinctively hear a second half to it, as if he had said "I'm not a young man, but I'm still a man." Maybe that was supposed to be implied, maybe not, but it fits damned well with his lore.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 03, 2016, 11:24:44 am »

Oh, yeah, those Junkrat acrobatic kills are always so satisfying, aren't they? Had a great one on Hollywood attack where a Tracer tried to jump me, I flung her over my head with the det-pack, spun around, and unloaded into her face while she was in midair.

Oh man hitting a tracer at all with Junkrat is always satisfying.  You just kinda want to yell "Ha! Take that you dodgy bastard" at the screen.  :D
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 03, 2016, 12:36:05 pm »

PSA to Roadhog players.  If there's a mercy healing you and we're in safety, DON'T SELF HEAL.  Let me charge my ultimate.  Also, don't self-heal while in enemy firing lines, you're just giving them ult charge.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 03, 2016, 12:37:43 pm »

I am guilty of both those things when I play roadhog.  He's fun to play but I kinda suck at him.

TherosPherae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 03, 2016, 02:49:18 pm »

Sorry about ducking suddenly like that, but I play for fun and getting stomped by a premade while we cycle through randos isn't fun.
I'm also sorry for ducking out without a word last night; I kinda needed to sleep and forgot to say goodnight.
Quote from: Aqizzar
Being vengeance and the night could only be improved by being the ballpunching vengeful night.
Quote from: Cthulhu
Gotham's mysteriously high mental illness rate isn't so mysterious when you find out Batman thinks subduing a guy means spiking his head into the pavement like a football.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 03, 2016, 03:06:58 pm »

We won that second game, btw.

Yeah, I figured.
Shoes...

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 03, 2016, 03:11:46 pm »

I wasn't sure to post this in the cute thread or this thread.  Overwatch characters in fancy dresses.

Junkrat is my favorite just because of how into it he is.   :P

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 03, 2016, 03:41:57 pm »

I wasn't sure to post this in the cute thread or this thread.  Overwatch characters in fancy dresses.

My erection can only get so large!

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 03, 2016, 08:12:56 pm »

Are we talking about the one where I got really salty about the double McCree?  Cause that was an epic match.  Pretty sure we were playing at the bleeding edge of the two-weeks-old meta.

Cute.  I think that's the most flattering Roadhog has ever been drawn.  Hanzo is quitely slaying it... although he seems to have one more arm than he usually does.  Despite Reinhardt still having his blind eye, a detail that's pretty obscure.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 03, 2016, 08:41:05 pm »

Are we talking about the one where I got really salty about the double McCree?  Cause that was an epic match.  Pretty sure we were playing at the bleeding edge of the two-weeks-old meta.

Yeah, but then our McCree (me!) got POTG! Hah.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2016, 09:42:01 pm by Tnx »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 03, 2016, 09:22:22 pm »

Come on Genji, that dress does not go with your complexion and you know it.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 04, 2016, 04:41:11 am »

Yeah, but then our McCree (me!) got POTG! Hah.
And I got MVP for aggressively pinning enemies with no respect for the flashbang.  That and a lot of blocking (naturally).  That was a good game, its always fun when you can just feel everyone on both teams doing their jobs.

A soldier 76 called me out today saying "I legit love autolock Reinhardt".  In the words of Mercy, "Its good to be appreciated".  The 76/Reinhardt synergy isn't flashy, but it gets the job done in most situations.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 04:46:15 am by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #387 on: June 04, 2016, 07:01:40 am »

Also I hear that Overwatch actually does use raw input, no mouse acceleration.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 04, 2016, 09:12:37 am »

God damn.  I still don't think bastion is overpowered, but that doesn't make him not fucking bullshit and the most frustrating thing to play against in the universe.

I also still don't believe he has hard counters.  He has soft counters, but the sheer amount of damage he puts out means any of the things that "counter" him really only beat him by a hair's breadth.  If you fuck up your timing or there's any kind of help like a Reinhardt or a mercy on him you're fucked.

And then it doesn't matter because the mercy will just rez him and you have to do it again (or you somehow killed the mercy while there's a bastion shooting you and then he just respawns in five seconds)

I need to stop playing this solo queue, it's giving me high blood pressure.
Shoes...

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #389 on: June 04, 2016, 10:05:46 am »

Eh, really? My experiences as and against bastion usually say that after a couple cheap deaths the enemy wises up and plays Pharah (3 rockets), Widow (two full charge shots) or Junkrat... Alternatively play Mei, wall him and laugh.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 107