Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167096 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Release Scheduled for May
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2016, 02:59:58 pm »

The one mode I consistently have the least fun with is king of the hill.  King of the hill in TF2 was a nice casual mode that was one step away from being deathmatch.  In Overwatch the rounds are super quick and the map is constantly changing, so feels frantic rather than relaxing.  But it doesn't work for me as a competitive mode because Overwatch doesn't have the same damage ramp up with range as TF2.  In TF2 if you fight someone on the (usually tiny) capture point the fight is going to be over very quickly.  In Overwatch you can have 3 people on the (usually massive) point dodging around for half a minute and the whole time whoever capped first will be gaining points.  TF2 also encouraged fighting AROUND the points with its map design whereas in Overwatch you're either on the point or you've moved a little forward to lock the attacking team out with snipers and turrets.

I dunno, its not a fun dynamic, and it narrows down the amount of heroes that have a useful niche.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Werdna

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 06, 2016, 03:05:29 pm »

How long are matches? 
ProvingGrounds was merely a setback.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 06, 2016, 03:06:40 pm »

5-10 minutes for attack/defense, I'd say like... 3 minutes per round in KotH?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 06, 2016, 03:23:42 pm »

So, anyone else playing this on the PS4...?

Also:
Roadhog OP, pls nerf
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 06, 2016, 03:51:28 pm »

I am, PSN is MonocleRaptor
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 06, 2016, 07:46:26 pm »

Roadhog is seriously OP.  Great sustain, and if you land your hooks most of the time, you're getting many free kills... Just be careful not to hook certain counters to you (Reaper).

My tag on PC is TNX#1328, if someone wants to play.  I'm only about 15 hours in so I'm not too good.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 06, 2016, 08:48:17 pm »

shields can block hooks tho

Or you could outrange hit with a sniper or something
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 07, 2016, 12:13:39 am »

According to a certain youtuber who's played a ton of Overwatch, Roadhog is a weak character because he allows the opposing team to build massive amounts of ult by shooting him.  Of the 5 tanks, Winston and Reinhart have huge barriers that don't build ult for the opposing team, D'Va has a lot of defensive features and is hella mobile, and Zarya boasts an unusually small hitbox for a tank.  Roadhog has a massive hitbox, no mobility features, and his only defensive ability simply provides the enemy with more squishy unarmed hitpoints on which to build ult.

What he is good at is punishing people who are out of position, which is why you're going to see many successful roadhogs during the open beta.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 07, 2016, 12:58:05 am »

My problem is I just don't like playing any of the characters... None of them click for me yet.

Though my only real gripe with the game is... Bunny Hopping is back >_<

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 07, 2016, 02:48:56 am »

Happy fun times playing with Bay12ers.  Its strange to think we're all going to lose this game for 2 weeks and then get it back.  I spent most of the time being a human wall as Reinhart because that's where I find myself most useful on offense.  Also used an ice wall to push three people into a Symmetra trap room.  A Roadhog pulled even more people in; they stopped even trying to enter the room after a few minutes.

I see TNX in the thread, is Choppy here too?

choppy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 07, 2016, 03:07:38 am »

Happy fun times playing with Bay12ers.  Its strange to think we're all going to lose this game for 2 weeks and then get it back.  I spent most of the time being a human wall as Reinhart because that's where I find myself most useful on offense.  Also used an ice wall to push three people into a Symmetra trap room.  A Roadhog pulled even more people in; they stopped even trying to enter the room after a few minutes.

I see TNX in the thread, is Choppy here too?
I am around, I do not post much though.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 07, 2016, 11:32:22 am »

Been playing Morde and McCree, Bastion too when I'm feeling like a shitler.

McCree is bullshit.  Very little health but his dodge reloads and fanning the hammer twice is enough to kill even tanks.
Shoes...

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2016, 12:00:13 pm »

Fun games with you guys last night.  Love it when someone else is main tanking so I can play Roadhog!  And yaeh Cthulu, I've met one McCree who could consistently kill me when I'm roadhog by doing that.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 07, 2016, 06:42:59 pm »

I just downloaded this today, and I'm thinking of either playing Mei, D.va or Zenyatta.

But I wanted to know if any of those characters will make me be hated.

Also, I'm bored pls add me

DigitalDemon#1968
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 07, 2016, 07:30:18 pm »

I just downloaded this today, and I'm thinking of either playing Mei, D.va or Zenyatta.

But I wanted to know if any of those characters will make me be hated.

Also, I'm bored pls add me

DigitalDemon#1968
Not really no. I personally hate Mei because if you run into her at melee / mid range you basically die but she's not overpowered.

No one is particularly overpowered but certain heroes are invincible in pro hands. Genji for example. Tracer is another. Most of us won't be facing the pros though.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 107