Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167056 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Release Scheduled for May
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2016, 01:29:00 pm »

A Blizzard animated short featuring Winston:  Recall

Also, a recent patch(of the closed beta I'm still not in) added "Brawls", where they will have weekly modified rulesets much like Hearthstone.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 03, 2016, 03:05:41 pm »

Another one featuring Widowmaker:  Alive.

I gotta wonder how much these cost to make, they are kinda ridiculously high quality.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2016, 06:25:27 pm »

Yeah, a lot of story being them.  It's interesting.  Definitely copied from TF2.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 03, 2016, 06:34:11 pm »

Yeah, a lot of story being them.  It's interesting.  Definitely copied from TF2.

Given some classes feel outright ripped off from them... I actually thought Valve made this game.

Bastus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2016, 03:25:39 am »

Given some classes feel outright ripped off from them... I actually thought Valve made this game.

Well that is just the Blizzard way. They rarely do something completely new, they mostly refine formulas. Which is nothing bad as long as they keep up their good Quality.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2016, 04:36:41 am »

Hardcore gamer ster_ agrees with you.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2016, 01:13:32 am »

I'm in the closed Beta. (Thanks, employer!) If anyone else is in, my Battle.net name is MaximumZero. (If you need the number in my apparent actual username, it's MaximumZero#1460.)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 01:16:02 am by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2016, 01:20:18 am »

Lucky bastard.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Wolfeyez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2016, 01:23:31 am »

I did not make it into this round of beta but my battle tag is Wolfeyez#11499 for anyone who want to add me. * grumbles at MaximumZero*

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2016, 01:45:51 am »

Are they still charging for this instead of making it F2P?
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2016, 02:22:11 am »

Yes, it's being released as a AAA title. $40 for standard edition, $60 for Origins edition. This is Blizzard we're talking about, here. I'm shocked that HotS didn't have an up front cost. Then again, the vast majority of MOBAs are freemium, and Overwatch's only competition is TF2, which is how old now?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 28, 2016, 05:44:45 pm »

A few things:

1)  A mini character introduction comic they made about McCree.  https://comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/mccree-train-hopper

2)  A mini character introduction comic they made about Reinhardt (Which I just found out about as I was searching for the McCree one). https://comic.playoverwatch.com/en-us/reinhardt-dragon-slayer

3)  Open Beta starts on Thursday, May 5th and runs until the 9th, if anybody wants to give it a shot. 

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 02, 2016, 02:56:49 pm »

Welp, I'm an idiot.   :o

I thought both the early access beta codes were "friend" codes, and didn't realize one of them I was supposed to use myself.  If anybody happens to have an extra early access beta code they don't need, I'm totally appreciate it!   :P

Whew, managed to get one.  :D
« Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 05:54:55 pm by Levi »

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 02, 2016, 06:49:32 pm »

Note: Closed beta started at 7pmEST today if you have a preorder code.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 02, 2016, 10:29:23 pm »

I preordered for that just now and it turns out it has to have been by April 29th :(

I mean I was going to buy the game anyway (even if its bad, I've been too invested in following the game and watching youtube videos about it to honestly say I won't get it) but still. Disappointing.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 107