Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167099 times)

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Release Scheduled for May
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2016, 11:02:01 pm »

Finally got my hands on this.  Its fun.  Really fun.

Can confirm that Mei is Bae.  Got epic card for freezing people (and then froze way more people later and no one commended me :/).  No play of the game yet.

Edit: Played exactly 1 symmetra game, got 15 turret kills.  I don't know who thinks that character isn't fun to play...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 12:19:36 am by EnigmaticHat »
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2016, 12:34:54 am »

Oh, it's hella fun. Wolfeyez just went on a 21 player killstreak with D.Va, and I had a 20 earlier with Widowmaker.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2016, 01:58:07 am »

I was just on the receiving end of like 8 stomps in a row... you'd be surprised how few kills you can have and still have a gold metal for eliminations.  Like... 1.

I think everyone went to bed and it was just premades left.  Kinda wore myself out on the game by playing 6 hours in a row but it is genuinely good.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 05, 2016, 07:30:10 am »

I was just on the receiving end of like 8 stomps in a row... you'd be surprised how few kills you can have and still have a gold metal for eliminations.  Like... 1.

I think everyone went to bed and it was just premades left.  Kinda wore myself out on the game by playing 6 hours in a row but it is genuinely good.
Same here. I think this game is impossible for solo queue, just like Dota or League.

I played around 20 matches solo after all my teammates went to bed like 6 hours earlier. I think I won 4. When I played in a team we won like 90%, which should be obvious.

I don't think I'll buy it though. I imagine by May 9th I'd have played the full crapload out of it. Right now while I'm enjoying it (when I'm not getting stomped) but there isn't that much in the game. It's very much like TF2 on release. Except this has more characters than TF2 on release. Though there's no server browser... or mods.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 05, 2016, 09:09:54 am »

I don't know, I played with a team of 3 yesterday and we won 2 games and lost 8. Played solo and actually won a bunch of games.

I think it might have something to do with one of the people in the team having played during closed beta and actually being good at the game, so Blizzard's matchmaker put us up against groups of much better players (than the other two of us who had never played before). (HotS does/did the same thing)
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 05, 2016, 07:34:04 pm »

nnngh
wish i could run it better BUT EVEN SO, IT'S SO FUN
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 05, 2016, 08:35:14 pm »

Face team that only runs single hero cheese strats.  Get switched to them for waiting period, decide we'll go all Roadhogs except one Lucio.  Get switched back when game starts, go Bastion.  Hide in corner behind giant wooden doors on the Japanese level.  Kill every single Roadhog as they walk through.  A particularly observant Roadhog noticed and tried to hook me but a Mei bravely/accidentally took it for me.

First PotG I've ever got :)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 05, 2016, 08:58:21 pm »

Let's go pubstomping, guys. I'm MaximumZero(#1460) on Battle.net.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Cyroth

• Bay Watcher
  • [FABULOUS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 05, 2016, 09:18:33 pm »

Been playing since the open Beta headstart, 35 hour or so by now. I seriously love this game.
Matchmaking feels weird, but I guess that is because the MMR were wiped and veterans get dumped into newbie games (or the other way around).
I think in our third or fourth game we (3 people) got thrown in against a veteran premade who stomped us hard.

I really like the PotG feature, I think its a geat idea. Not so much if it is just generic Reaper ambush #3185, but quite often you see something that was masterfully played or something you wouldn't have been able to come up with yourself that you can copy. It is quite helpful.

My own personal favorite was when I was playing D.Va on Kings Row. My team was pushing the payload during overtime and currently located in that S shaped bend before the end. Enemy McCree was charging his ultimate at my entire team, while I was just arriving from further back because I was respawning my mech.
While McCree was charging I managed to charge between him and my team, turn midair and activate the shield a heartbeat before the gun goes off, saving everyone (we even won the match afterwards).
Of course one of our offensive players complained about that being shown, not his own (and "better") 4 player multi-kill.  ::)
He even complained about that for a whole 2 more rounds before he left.
Demons are preferable to ravens.
A noble just suffered a genuine unfortunate accident.
Has that ever happened before?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 05, 2016, 10:24:20 pm »

Let's go pubstomping, guys. I'm MaximumZero(#1460) on Battle.net.
Sent an invite.  Probably.

The game is giving me a warning that early leaving can result in a penalty.  Hopefully that is because it was just added and not because I repeatedly did that :-X

Didn't realize that behavior is frowned upon in these parts.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 06, 2016, 01:09:40 am »

I woke up at 6 just to play that beta :/

Anyway, I watched gameplay videos earlier during the Beta, and I've seen maps I didn't see there. Are they limiting the number of mods/maps during the open beta ?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 06, 2016, 01:47:51 am »

I thought they would, but I haven't seen any maps on youtube that I haven't played.  Let's see... there's the tower, the Japanese level, cp_Egypt, Hollywood, Highway 66, Illios, the Russian corporation level, King's Row... I think that's it?  It took me several hours of playing to see all of those since they're picked at random.

Edit: One thing I didn't realize until I actually got to play the game is the visual theme of the map design.  Almost every map has two distinct sections.  Usually one looks like a normal-ish near future city and the other is something more stylized or strange.  Example: King's Row starts out as about what you'd expect from the name but then moves on to some sort of industrial building with a giant pit you can fall into.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 01:56:29 am by EnigmaticHat »

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 06, 2016, 02:17:12 am »

Oh then it's simply that I haven't seen them all.
From the "highlights" section, I've played on 6 maps only (in ~2 hours).

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 06, 2016, 09:04:15 am »

My tag is Levi#1597

I kinda suck, but can do pretty good with Junkrat and Symmetra.  (and passable with Mercy, Reinhardt and Pharah).
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 06, 2016, 01:05:23 pm »

I'd be up for playing some Overwatch with you folks - my tag is Wiles#1447
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 107