Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 107

Author Topic: Overwatch  (Read 167295 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: Overwatch - Released
« Reply #990 on: September 20, 2016, 03:13:36 am »

At this point, I'm just instantly muting/blocking anyone who starts talking like they know what class everyone else needs to play to win the game. Overwatch is so much fun when I'm not listening to judgmental pricks who blame everyone else when they fail.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #991 on: September 20, 2016, 03:18:32 am »

I could pretend that I don't know where this "communication in order to facilitate victory is toxic" attitude that I see so often comes from, but that would be disingenuous.

I, for one, like to actually communicate instead of assuming people are pricks as soon as they say "we don't need 4 dps, guys".
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 03:21:10 am by Putnam »

Ygdrad

• Bay Watcher
  • Overanalyzing and overthinking EVERYTHING.
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: September 20, 2016, 05:49:09 am »

Communication helps a lot. It's important to at least pretend to be nice though. If you try to word things in a positive way people will be more receptive and might even start communicating too. Since I play a healer a lot of the time, I communicate and try to organize the team. Does it always work? No, some people just want to do their own thing and will jump on point 1v6 repeatedly ensuring you have almost no chance to win. Does it help? Yes, it will get you some matches with people who work together and you can have fun. You might even find nice communicative people to add to your friend list and group with later.

Most important part is to keep a cool head and not get/sound salty/mad. If you start blaming someone or pointing out bad plays too bluntly, at best some people will stop listening to you, at worst you'll get some teammates in a bad mood and they will play worse for it. I've mostly had positive experiences with communicating with teammates so far.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 05:51:44 am by Ygdrad »
A yawn is a silent scream for coffee.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: September 20, 2016, 10:00:12 am »

At this point, I'm just instantly muting/blocking anyone who starts talking like they know what class everyone else needs to play to win the game. Overwatch is so much fun when I'm not listening to judgmental pricks who blame everyone else when they fail.

Yeah, I just turn off my voice chats.  I like communication, but its mostly just people whining about picks.  I'd rather assume people are just having fun.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 10:02:22 am by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: September 20, 2016, 11:57:11 am »

Communication helps a lot. It's important to at least pretend to be nice though. If you try to word things in a positive way people will be more receptive and might even start communicating too. Since I play a healer a lot of the time, I communicate and try to organize the team. Does it always work? No, some people just want to do their own thing and will jump on point 1v6 repeatedly ensuring you have almost no chance to win. Does it help? Yes, it will get you some matches with people who work together and you can have fun. You might even find nice communicative people to add to your friend list and group with later.

Most important part is to keep a cool head and not get/sound salty/mad. If you start blaming someone or pointing out bad plays too bluntly, at best some people will stop listening to you, at worst you'll get some teammates in a bad mood and they will play worse for it. I've mostly had positive experiences with communicating with teammates so far.
Think they meant on quickplay. If my team has shitty composition, I don't complain, I just see it as an invitation to relax and fuck around as Satan Mei. If they keep doing that every round then I quit and find other rooms to play in.

In competitive suffering is already mandatory.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: September 20, 2016, 12:16:25 pm »

Yeah, I just turn off my voice chats.  I like communication, but its mostly just people whining about picks.  I'd rather assume people are just having fun.

I know we're all having fun when the entire team follows me and my weird friend and do a 6 man team of Mei or 76s. Those loose, joyful, goofy matches are why I play multiplayer games at all.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

darkrider2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: September 20, 2016, 01:03:07 pm »

There are only 2 kinds of people.....

The group of friends I usually play with just wanted to dick around and have fun that way. Which kinda doesn't compute for me, since I find the struggle and strain of constantly trying to win and be better exhilarating. We would five stack and queue, then if somebody dared pipe-up in chat that we don't need 2 torbjorns (even if it was me voicing the concern), congratulations, you now have four torbjorns in your game, and me off in the corner playing roadhog or something. But they would still get mad if they were on a loss streak or got repeatedly dunked by players that were just playing more effectively than us, which REALLY didn't compute for me... so you're not here with the express goal of winning... but you still get upset by losses?

They no longer play overwatch.
I still have a rocking good time every time I turn it on.

PS - ever since the genji nerf I feel like junkrat is goddamn amazing. He was fun before but man, now he's... the bomb.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: September 20, 2016, 04:43:56 pm »

One hero teams are getting old. I've been convinced to do gimmick teams before, though. Like all tanks with one healer. All snipers. That sort of thing. And now that Ana is added the all sniper strat might actually be viable, since Ana can generate free headshots for Hanzo.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: October 11, 2016, 04:53:23 pm »

Halloween patch is here!
A few new skins and one of the maps was given a cosmetic makeover...that's about it.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: October 11, 2016, 04:58:02 pm »

So that Sombra leak was definitely fake then.

King Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • [SAVAGE][CRAZED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: October 16, 2016, 07:08:06 pm »

amomentincrime.com is at 97%. Only a day or two left until it's done. I wonder what will happen when it's finished.
goodnight, speep tighht, don't let the bedbugs bite

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: October 17, 2016, 01:33:27 am »

And considering they often patch on tuesdays, we're very likely to see something then I'd say.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: October 17, 2016, 10:27:06 am »

Tried to run a 4 pharah 2 mercy team with my six stack.  One guy out of the entire group decided he was too much of a tryhard for that and went Mei.  Twas dissapointing.

Still, its a fun strategy.  The Mercys have a lot of control over where they fly with so many different points to jump to, and once one of them gets their ult it can be very hard for anyone to actually die.  The Pharahs can attack from enough different angles to make a D'va or two not completely 100% counter you, but its not that strong of a strategy against a team that's counterpicking (Pharah in general isn't that strong right now).
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: October 18, 2016, 02:36:02 pm »

Huh, I actually thought this was a console only game, cause it isn't on Steam. 

So... this game is only a competitive shooter?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: October 18, 2016, 02:40:27 pm »

6v6 competitive shooter, in the vein of TF2. No story mode or anything of that sort, despite every trailer for the game implying it has a plot. :P
There is a halloween event going on, with a 4-player co-op mode where you defend against mobs.
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 107