Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 44

Author Topic: Battlewagon Sicily - Previously: Hull 101  (Read 48578 times)

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
Re: Battlewagon Sicily - Previously: Hull 101
« Reply #495 on: April 18, 2015, 12:28:40 pm »

Asymmetrical warfare advisor Nullius online in full cognition mode:

Assertion: these processes are part of a military weapon system.
Assertion: regardless of an individuals identification as members of the dynasty, in the presence of an established military hierarchy we have no reason to follow the commands of anyone not described as part of said hierarchy.
Assertion: standing orders are to return the Loraseon Dynasty to power, requisite methods have not been described by our commanding officer, verification and preservation of all available Dynasty assets is paramount.

Recommendation: preserve current operational paradigm.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2015, 12:34:34 pm by NullForceOmega »
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: April 18, 2015, 01:43:25 pm »

I wonder if we can kill people we are forbidden from killing by firing an AOE weapon at a bug or something that is conveniently next to someone we aren't allowed to harm. If there aren't any bugs nearby, we could probably do "renovations" where that person is standing or create another robot that does not have the obedience programming.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: April 18, 2015, 02:28:10 pm »

>For future reference we need to stop identifying people as member of Dynasty. Just because they share same bloodline doesn't mean they should be considered as one nor they are necessarily beneficial to our goal. It will become especially troubling if they can issue orders to us without direct authorization from Chell.

Our given orders are to restore the Dynasty. Political infighting within the Dynasty is of no concern to us. If Chell wants us safeguarded against other Dynastic members' orders, it is on her to make those orders. Until such time, we follow our order to restore the Dynasty.

Also, it is apparently hard-coded into us to identify a person as Dynastic based on genetics.

I think a summary of currently applicable direct orders is in order. This may be incomplete, please fill in any I miss.

Spoiler: orders and objectives (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: and our resources (click to show/hide)

(i'm running out of thread searching steam.))

I wonder if we can kill people we are forbidden from killing by firing an AOE weapon at a bug or something that is conveniently next to someone we aren't allowed to harm. If there aren't any bugs nearby, we could probably do "renovations" where that person is standing or create another robot that does not have the obedience programming.
No. Intentions count. We aren't stupid enough to self justify creating a fatal situation on a flimsy pretext. In fact, we will go out of our way to avoid it. Again
+1 let's please stop TRY to kill someone when the only two people how can order it are him and his ancient grandmother.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: April 18, 2015, 02:30:38 pm »

tl;dr

restore dynasty
collect research station
export food while leaving society in tact but loyal
NOT KILLING DYNASTY MEMBERS NOR PLOTTING THEIR DEMISE

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: April 21, 2015, 08:37:53 am »

tl;dr

restore dynasty
collect research station
export food while leaving society in tact but loyal
NOT KILLING DYNASTY MEMBERS NOR PLOTTING THEIR DEMISE
I didn't mean that we should kill the dynasty members, just that it's an option if they become tyrannical.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: April 21, 2015, 08:49:52 am »

I didn't mean that we should kill the dynasty members, just that it's an option if they become tyrannical.
We cannot kill Chell, or any of her descendants. It is quite literally impossible for us to do that since our programming directly prevents us from harming them, and trying to create a convenient excuse to fire a fucking missile at a cockroach next to one of them is going to result in us getting rebooted with a partial memory wipe most certainly. So basically, no lets not kill the two people giving us the goal. One of whom I will remind you actually upgraded Hull 101 for us making it twice as awesome.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: April 21, 2015, 08:50:17 am »

.....have you been participating? we are already tyrannical. might want to review the logs.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Crisco

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: April 21, 2015, 09:13:22 am »

(Uh, what have we done that's tyrannical? When we started this game, we were an unsupervised, massively confused death tank, and we admittedly were involved in some rather unilateral face melting that probably could have been avoided. But since Chell woke up, we haven't killed anyone who wasn't actively involved in war. In the case of the fleet we just slagged, they were bombarding civilian areas, making them worse than us currently. We have only attacked military establishments, and are currently in the process of offering tech to Iagh which should massively improve their standard of living, as well as protecting them from their #1 enemy. Not really seeing the tyranny. If anything, the truly tyrannical suggestions of us subprocessors have been ignored or countermanded by Chell consistently. And we don't have enough information to judge how the Dynasty was ruled yet, since all of our drives were removed during maintenance.)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: April 21, 2015, 09:29:42 am »

(Uh, what have we done that's tyrannical? When we started this game, we were an unsupervised, massively confused death tank, and we admittedly were involved in some rather unilateral face melting that probably could have been avoided. But since Chell woke up, we haven't killed anyone who wasn't actively involved in war. In the case of the fleet we just slagged, they were bombarding civilian areas, making them worse than us currently. We have only attacked military establishments, and are currently in the process of offering tech to Iagh which should massively improve their standard of living, as well as protecting them from their #1 enemy. Not really seeing the tyranny. If anything, the truly tyrannical suggestions of us subprocessors have been ignored or countermanded by Chell consistently. And we don't have enough information to judge how the Dynasty was ruled yet, since all of our drives were removed during maintenance.)

I can't find the quote.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: April 21, 2015, 10:53:15 am »

I am starting to really understand not trusting us. I'm reporting this and pointing out these logs to Chell so she can deal with these treasonous suggestions and subcores accordingly accordingly.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 21, 2015, 11:39:13 am »

Thank you! Now we can get back to-

Wait I just had a thought

We can only attack a dynasty member if chell is in danger. But what If she is not in any life threatening circumstances but the dynasty itself is? Like if she is unconscious and can't give us an over ride order to let us attack a traitor?

Recomend that chell implement a permission scale

Low level threat by dynasty member-remain cautious
Medium threat by dynasty member- restrain
High level threat by dynasty member-taser or non-leathal shot. (To the leg or hand maybe)

This of course does not apply to chell herself and she can override this at will.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 21, 2015, 02:03:25 pm »

Yea, that sounds like a good idea.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 21, 2015, 02:49:25 pm »

We cannot kill Chell, or any of her descendants. It is quite literally impossible for us to do that since our programming directly prevents us from harming them, and trying to create a convenient excuse to fire a fucking missile at a cockroach next to one of them is going to result in us getting rebooted with a partial memory wipe most certainly. So basically, no lets not kill the two people giving us the goal. One of whom I will remind you actually upgraded Hull 101 for us making it twice as awesome.
Not if we shoot at two cockroaches simultaneously :P.

But in all seriousness, I don't want to hurt Chell yet, I was pointing out ways to do so if she and/or her descendant turned on us or became evil. It's the same reason Batman keeps a stash of Kryptonite in his Batcave.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 21, 2015, 04:03:28 pm »

Asymmetrical warfare advisor Nullius online in full cognition mode:

This process is rather confident at this point that Chell and her decendant have every right to be extremely worried about us.  All dynasty mega-tech is based upon alien artifacts, in some cases they don't even actually know how those said artifacts function (maybe Chell does, but that just makes her concern even more valid).  Why don't all of us processes consider for a moment why Battlewagon Sicily required a new sub-sent process to operate it, why it fired at Chell's last know position (our position), why the empress of the dynasty was hiding aboard a de-commissioned hull out in the boonies of the empire.  And most importantly why she won't provide even the most reasonable, basic data about the incident that led to all of this.  If you haven't got my point yet, I am indicating the high likelihood of the end of the dynasty being due to an non-human presence being able to usurp control of dynasty tech and using it to destroy the whole freaking empire.  Why doesn't Sicily have an AI on board?  If you were Chell and your own autonomous weapons were going genocidal on your empire, wouldn't you send your own remote kill codes?
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 21, 2015, 04:07:32 pm »

you forget nullius.

the station does have an AI

senticom and some advisors

and us for that matter. though I have considered the possibility of take over, we cant know for sure until chell gets it through her head that WE NEED INFORMATION
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 44